Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Interview With Victoria’s Secret Supermodels Miranda Kerr And Candice Swanepoel

Candice Swanepoel, who is just 23 years old comes from South Africa, and has been an Angel for about 5 years.

How is it being a VS Angel? Do you spend time with the other VS Angels?

It totally changed my life. I was modeling for a couple years before VS and traveling around and learning how to work with different people every day and I could never make relationships with people, and then Victoria secret found me. It is a totally different part of the fashion industry. I am really lucky to have found them as well. It really is like a family. I work with the same hair and make-up all the time and they have become my friends. I don’t have a lot of time to see anyone else. We all know each others lives and it’s like a whole soap opera.

I do a lot of print campaigns with the other VS models. I see a lot of Erin (Heatherton) and Lilly (Aldridge). It’s really hard to keep relationships when you are in this business because we are in a different place all the time. It’s crazy. I see a lot of Behati because she lives two blocks from me in New York. That’s easy.

What are some of the latest trends in swimwear that you like?

I am so thankful that America is finally getting with the small bum. It is so much more flattering and this whole collection that is inspired by Brazil. There’s the cheeky bum. It’s more flattering for a woman’s body no matter what size you are. My favorite pieces from the Collection are the neons. There is a suit that I am wearing on the cover that is mix of animal print and jungle print, kind of Amazon inspired. I really love that and is is also adjustable. The bottoms are adjustable. But what I love about this collection is you can mix so many things together. I once went on the beach and the girl next to me had the same bathing suit on and she was so voluptuous (before I was a VS model) and I was like OMG. Now you can customize and make your own bikini. I don’t know if you have seen the VS website allows you to mix and match, so you can see different looks. That’s really fun to play with.

What are some of your best tips for getting your bikini bod ready for swimsuit season?

I have to say focus on the bum. That may be the most important thing. You have to find something that you are interested in and you don’t get bored too quickly. I change my music a lot when I work out. I wear sexy stuff when I work out because it kind of inspires me a little bit more. Then, always being active. Even if I feel really lazy I put yoga on Youtube and do something and at least I feel better.

Do you have any tips for looking great poolside? (LOVE her answer)

I am more of a hippy girl so I prefer the beach to a pool. I see in Miami sometimes people with heels on and the whole glamour goddess thing. I wouldn’t know to be honest. I enjoy shooting like that, but I don’t know if I can be in heels while I am trying to relax while getting some sun.

What are you must-have beach items?

For blonds especially some conditioning spray or just any treatment for your hair because your hair gets really dry from the ocean. Sunglasses always, and I always have paddle ball (pro Kadima) because it helps me stay active on the beach.

Would you ever do a reality show or a film?

If they did it on Victoria Secret, I would. It would be really interesting. I wouldn’t be good with a camera on me at all times. I do enjoy my private time.

askmissa.com