Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

TKC, what movie was that? I love those pictures Candice took her, I love when she goes to the beach and feel at home :)

About the comparison between Adriana and Candice, I still keep my opinion: I don't think it's fair or has any sense :blink: They are models from different "decades", I mean... Adriana was discovered last decade, Candice "blossom" was this decade. They are totally different, not only physically but their personality, their style, everything. Why should we keep comparing? The fact is: Adriana is important for VS, if she wasn't, she wouldnt have the presence she does on the runway. However... Candice is their new big thing. And that's a fact too. She is in most of the covers, ads, videos, even the show invitation. She opened the fashion show. She is the face of VS for this decade, let's say. Not that the others ones won't be here and won't be important, cause VS is not about one angel. But... there's always the "head" one. And I think this time, Candice is. And like I said, let's not compare them two, it doesn't make any sense AT ALL, guys. It's not even like Candice is taking Adriana's place or the other way, they both have their space in this business.

TKC, what movie was that? I love those pictures Candice took her, I love when she goes to the beach and feel at home :)

About the comparison between Adriana and Candice, I still keep my opinion: I don't think it's fair or has any sense :blink: They are models from different "decades", I mean... Adriana was discovered last decade, Candice "blossom" was this decade. They are totally different, not only physically but their personality, their style, everything. Why should we keep comparing? The fact is: Adriana is important for VS, if she wasn't, she wouldnt have the presence she does on the runway. However... Candice is their new big thing. And that's a fact too. She is in most of the covers, ads, videos, even the show invitation. She opened the fashion show. She is the face of VS for this decade, let's say. Not that the others ones won't be here and won't be important, cause VS is not about one angel. But... there's always the "head" one. And I think this time, Candice is. And like I said, let's not compare them two, it doesn't make any sense AT ALL, guys. It's not even like Candice is taking Adriana's place or the other way, they both have their space in this business.

City of god and also the follow up show called city of men.....I know its based more off of the slums part but the city in general intrigues me, gosh I wish I could go there right now. But my friend went there abroad last summer though

Everyone opinion is their opinion but its literally like comparing apples and oranges lol. They are different in every freaking way possible. There is no denying though that when adriana/ale step down its gonna be candice I just hope she gets the attitude right. But unless its really necessary the comparing irks me. But when candice is with the other angels, like with the new line with erin and ale or with the valentines day, VS do have that balance. She wasn't shown too much which is good, and it should stay that way. But I guess every now and then a model has that moment when they are the face of one product. I think her thing was/is VS swim.

I dislike these model "fame games" but why is a model who has virtually only been famous in the real world (not on fashion blogs) since about (2010/2011, or whenever her "weight" scandal broke out...) being compared to models who have been working since the late 90s/early 00s? That's not fair to her at all. :blink: That's not even her era.... and Candice for being a new model is doing quite well I'd say.

I totally agree with you, michelabella.

Because being a good model has nothing to do with being popular and/or famous.

These are completely different things. Talent and potential don't depend on the amount of your followers on Twitter.

So I don't know why people keep comparing Adriana's and Alessandra's popularity with Candice's popularity. :idk:

So maybe she has less fans, but does this make her worse as a model? No, not at all.

Additionally (like michelabella said) her career just started two years ago, so she's quite new.

You don't become the "ultra model" over night. Adriana und Alessandra had already ten years to get that popular.

So those comparisons of popularity are just meaningless and also not very fair.

And well, if everybody comes up with their personal experience, so I'll come up with mine now, too. :p

Adriana, Alessandra and Miranda aren't well known here. (However, there isn't even a VS store in Germany.)

I just know three people who know who Adriana is. But Ale and Miranda...? Never heard of.

E.g. a few weeks ago, there was a poll on a German website that asked which model we like.

A bunch of names was listed, including Adri, Ale & Miranda. 300 people took part, but hardly anybody knew them.

They are just neither popular nor famous here in Germany. :idk:

But the people here do know Gisele B

I dislike these model "fame games" but why is a model who has virtually only been famous in the real world (not on fashion blogs) since about (2010/2011, or whenever her "weight" scandal broke out...) being compared to models who have been working since the late 90s/early 00s? That's not fair to her at all. :blink: That's not even her era.... and Candice for being a new model is doing quite well I'd say.

I totally agree with you, michelabella.

Because being a good model has nothing to do with being popular and/or famous.

These are completely different things. Talent and potential don't depend on the amount of your followers on Twitter.

So I don't know why people keep comparing Adriana's and Alessandra's popularity with Candice's popularity. :idk:

So maybe she has less fans, but does this make her worse as a model? No, not at all.

Additionally (like michelabella said) her career just started two years ago, so she's quite new.

You don't become the "ultra model" over night. Adriana und Alessandra had already ten years to get that popular.

So those comparisons of popularity are just meaningless and also not very fair.

And well, if everybody comes up with their personal experience, so I'll come up with mine now, too. :p

Adriana, Alessandra and Miranda aren't well known here. (However, there isn't even a VS store in Germany.)

I just know three people who know who Adriana is. But Ale and Miranda...? Never heard of.

E.g. a few weeks ago, there was a poll on a German website that asked which model we like.

A bunch of names was listed, including Adri, Ale & Miranda. 300 people took part, but hardly anybody knew them.

They are just neither popular nor famous here in Germany. :idk:

But the people here do know Gisele B�ndchen, but that's just because she's of German heritage.

TKC, City of God is my favorite movie. It's amazing! :)

But the City of God is just a district of Rio de Janeiro, isn't it, MissNKlovesphotograph?

What about heidi? I know its random but I believe she is german right lol

I know it's off topic, but just to answer your questions, Melocoton and TKC... Yeah, City Of God is all about slum. Not exactly a district, it's more like... a bad side of the slum. It's like the guetto here. There's always a good and a bad side, the movie is about the bad one. Maybe you guys could watch Rio, the animated movie. That's sweeter and it shows a better view. :p

This is a picture of Candice here in Ipanema beach. I think it's hilarious, the girl behind her holding a sign is priceless! It says "free hug" in portuguese, and Candice is like totally cool there :laugh:

post-45675-1330396623_thumb.jpg

And yes, this is a repost.

I know it's off topic, but just to answer your questions, Melocoton and TKC... Yeah, City Of God is all about slum. Not exactly a district, it's more like... a bad side of the slum. It's like the guetto here. There's always a good and a bad side, the movie is about the bad one. Maybe you guys could watch Rio, the animated movie. That's sweeter and it shows a better view. :p

This is a picture of Candice here in Ipanema beach. I think it's hilarious, the girl behind her holding a sign is priceless! It says "free hug" in portuguese, and Candice is like totally cool there :laugh:

post-45675-1330396623_thumb.jpg

And yes, this is a repost.

Yeah I know it was but before presenting the movie the person that showed me talked and showed about rio as a whole and so I already liked it. But they had VERY fe scenes where they showed the beach and potentially good side and my interest furthered, and yeah I never saw rio I might actually now :)

Can't you guys talk about that in PMs? Makes it look like you are banking on a never ending discussion. Feeding the unsavory entities vagabonding the intrahwebs. Trolls and bloggers and such.

We got wrapped up in a discussion, but of course you're right.

I'm really sorry. :(

In order to get back to topic, here's a video of the Very Sexy Tour 2012: http://www.twitvid.com/OWQSV

+ photo

post-50597-0-1446024191-37208_thumb.jpg

Can't you guys talk about that in PMs? Makes it look like you are banking on a never ending discussion. Feeding the unsavory entities vagabonding the intrahwebs. Trolls and bloggers and such.

We got wrapped up in a discussion, but of course you're right.

I'm really sorry. :(

In order to get back to topic, here's a video of the Very Sexy Tour 2012: http://www.twitvid.com/OWQSV

+ photo

post-58910-0-1446024196-31276_thumb.jpg

:blush::wub: I want more!Especially with Candice :wub: