Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Lol sorry for all the post guys. right when i post I find something new.

Candice Swanepoel Interview

Quick Bio

Valentine's Day is a hard holiday for any man to navigate, and women have an even more complicated relationship with it. So how are you supposed to deduce what your girl really wants? We enlisted South African Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel to help us find out. And since she was named the 10th most desirable women in the world by you, our readers, we popped in a few questions about that honor, as well.

What do you think of being named the 10th most desirable woman in the world?

Candice Swanepoel : It's an honor being voted, especially with such incredible company. Every time something like this comes around, it all seems a bit funny to me. I mean, who would have thought that a farm girl who used to play with chameleons in her spare time would one day be one of the top 10 most desirable women in the world.

What girl (besides yourself) would you like to see on the Top 99?

CS : My best friends Erin Heatherton, Behati Prinsloo and Rosie Huntington [Whiteley]. Not only are they astoundingly gorgeous, but they are smart, down-to-earth and humble, and they represent how successful women should carry themselves in this crazy world we live in.

The Top 99 demonstrates what men find desirable in women. But what qualities do you look for most in a guy?

CS : Someone compassionate and wise. Someone with a good sense of humor and passion for life. Most women find a man with good manners sexy.

I like a man who looks like a bad boy but knows how to treat a woman like a queen.

Our Top 99 lists the most desirable women of the year. What other kind of list would you like to be featured on?

CS : I'd like to one day be featured on a list of inspirational people who have made a difference in the world, whether it be helping underprivileged people or putting an end to the poaching of wildlife in Africa.

Valentine's Day is coming up. What should we look for when buying girls lingerie?

CS : You should know your girlfriend’s taste and find something sexy but classy. Classy is key to making her feel special and not tacky. A lot of guys get that wrong. My tip: Black lace never fails.

But if a guy doesn't want to get a cliche gift, like lingerie, what should he get? What would you want to receive?

Candice Swanepoel : Hmm. It’s not the gift that is cliche; it’s usually the way you give it to her.

Take notice of things she wants but doesn't get for herself. Make a note of things she looks at when you're shopping together, go back to the store after and surprise her by showing that you noticed. All women want to know is that you notice the small things and that she is the only woman you desire. So get creative. I like being given flowers, anything for my home, jewelry, a thoughtful card.

What if the girl claims Valentine's is cheesy and she doesn't want anything? Are most girls lying when they say that?

CS : All girls are different. Some can't stand it and some take it too seriously. For me, it's not a big deal. A meaningful kiss and saying "I love you. You're the only girl I dream about," would do. But if she says she doesn't want a gift, you should probably do the opposite. Women are complicated. We all know that.

You're South African. What are your general thoughts about American guys?

CS : I can't say I have much experience dating American guys, so I don't know!

ca.askmen.com