Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

No one said anything about Adriana or Alessandra being anorexic. The conversation was over Candice's startling weight loss. As for you being tinier then them, or there being more pronounced cases of drastic weight loss, that may well be the case. I'm fairly certain the reason that Candy's weight loss is being so publicized is due in part to VS cramming her down the public's throat. She's someone recognizable to them, even if it is only the stereotype of that hot blond from VS. High fashion isn't nearly as relate-able as the more commercial models, and the before and after pictures from just 4 or 5 months is quite startling.

Lets be honest here, the Candice weight loss thing is not a media conspiracy, anyone can see it for themselves if they compare her VS shots from say 4-6 months ago with the most recent ones. She has lost a lot of weight, no amount of denial will change that, and combined with the fact that she has become their most high-profile angel makes it easy for the press to jump on top of that. Realities of the media culture.

No one said anything about Adriana or Alessandra being anorexic. The conversation was over Candice's startling weight loss. As for you being tinier then them, or there being more pronounced cases of drastic weight loss, that may well be the case. I'm fairly certain the reason that Candy's weight loss is being so publicized is due in part to VS cramming her down the public's throat. She's someone recognizable to them, even if it is only the stereotype of that hot blond from VS. High fashion isn't nearly as relate-able as the more commercial models, and the before and after pictures from just 4 or 5 months is quite startling.

+1

Lets be honest here, the Candice weight loss thing is not a media conspiracy, anyone can see it for themselves if they compare her VS shots from say 4-6 months ago with the most recent ones. She has lost a lot of weight, no amount of denial will change that, and combined with the fact that she has become their most high-profile angel makes it easy for the press to jump on top of that. Realities of the media culture.

Candice is actually thinner, she had a little more weight would be more beautiful, because she has a lovely curvy body. I always thought Alessandra too thin, and not say it is scary.

Candice is not only bones, she's thinner, but not scary. Even thinner she gets to have a much more curvy body that alessandra for example.

Candice has come out saying that she loses weight easily when she is busy because she doesn't have time to work out and keep muscles up. I wonder what do you guys think of that?

Personally, I believe her, but I also believe she's not interested in putting effort in to keep her weight up because she gets hired and paid either way. Why would anyone put in extra time and effort for nothing? They wouldn't because there is no motivation. So I believe with her, the weight loss was unintentional, but she's not motivated to gain it back either.

I feel sorry for her just because of the double standard society has towards thin people. I've read comments about her where people are saying she's "disgusting." I mean, I like her better with more weight too, but she's hardly disgusting. And then the, "She's sick, she needs therapy," comments. It's like, my God, she just dropped 15 pounds. That's well within the normal range of fluctuating. When people put on 15 pounds, it's all, "Oh it's normal, she's still healthy, 15 pounds isn't a big deal!" But it's made to be a huge deal in her case. It seems that it is somehow personally offensive to people that she happened to drop 15 pounds because she was busy and didn't have time to eat right. As if the body is only healthy at a certain weight and not a range of weights, and as if she's eating nothing instead of just not as well as she could. Makes me so irritated that people are so one-sided and oblivious.

I wish people would just say they didn't like her weight loss and leave it at that and not draw health into and thus prove how ignorant they are.

(endrant).

Well I don't think you can equate a fashion model losing 15 lbs to an average person doing so. A model will already be quite thin just because her job requires it. So when you start from a base that is already lower than the societal average, and you then heap some extra weight loss on top of that, it is a bigger deal than Jane Average losing a bit of weight.

Of course, Candice lost weight recently. Of course, we all see it. Of course, it is disturbing because we like her a lot. :( But she is not horrible or scary as I read it in some comments. :no: Beside, everybody already wrote it again and again and again during a lot of pages. :unsure: I can understand but that becomes really boring. Her thread is only dedicated to this subject since around thirty pages ! Please, can we stop talk about model's weight (cause it doesn't change anything and all was already said many times) ? :flower::blush: And I believed it was forbidden on Bellazon's rules... :idk:

And obviously, she didn't lost her VS contract ! She is their main star and their most used model ! :)