Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Actually they do take speech classes to improve their speaking skills, ed razek actually spoke about it in an article :) So don't deny it, unless you research :) Adriana and Ale sound a whole lot better than they did, and they've trained for years as well some does take time.

"Victoria's Secret takes a similar role in nourishing talent to stardom in the way that Hollywood studios did with actresses back in the 1930s and '40s. A model starts out doing some runway, then advances to catalog, and, provided her professionalism and personality impresses enough people, she might eventually end up with the Academy Award of modeling gigs--a multiyear, multimillion dollar contract as a Victoria's Secret "angel." The company invests time and money into making their angels celebrities--the girls are given speech lessons and media training."

As for the castings dates, they change those every year so yea I'm probably wrong on the exact date. I've been a fan of VS for about 8 years, so I know my stuff but sometimes they do change things around.

Also Miranda and Doutzen didn't become angels after Izabel and Selita left. Doutzen was signed on early last year, late 2007 but was announced last summer. They do a fair amount of waiting, this was right before Izabel left, Selita only left beginning of the year this year and Miranda was signed on as an angel in 2006 but announced in 2007. They don't wait for girls to leave to sign them on, it's just not how it works.

One thing I admire about the girls is how they keep secrets lol, cause they shoot and know all about the Christmas catalog in April, and if it was me I'd want to tell everyone what the line was like for Christmas. Though that is part of being professional.

ok i'll check next time before posting. its just that i got so excited when i saw them at the website and i though to share it here with her fans, and didn't know that they were already posted i only check 1 page previous instead of 2 i should off check the rest of the previous pages. now i feel stupid. my bad sorry and same happen with the doutzen thread.

I've been a fan of VS for many years as well but unless you work for them then you don't know how they pick the angels or whats in there contract. As for the article don't believe everything you read. If they have speech classes they need to fire the teacher cuz they're doing a sh*t job with teaching the girls how to talk. I don't believe they are made to talk speech classes I will believe if Ed himself says so and I'm not talking about an article. Either the girls know how to talk and they have PR help them with it or they don't know how to talk *cough Adriana & Ale* cough. Candice is great at talking. You can understand her and she looks so cute when she does.

That was on forbes, and Ed Razek was speaking about it...sorry it's about 100% factual. IT can't be denied, sorry.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/19/models-me...6topmodels.html

Also it may be something new as of 2005 and after or 2007 and after...you never know. Maybe Adriana, Alessandra Heidi didn't take them...that might be very true. Who knows but they do, do it now.

As a fan and having a few people who work backstage at the show, and work for Victoria's Secret, I get a lot of info and that's how I've learned a lot of their stuff and read a lot of interviews and a lot of info for the company. As well as watched several specials on the company and learned about it. Most people who study Vs know about the contracts, know that the veterans get longer and bigger contracts (that was pointed out in a forbes special on tv monica and ed were speaking about it) and what keeps an angel around and etc. So none of us know exactly but we have a pretty good idea. New girls start off with a 3 year angel contract, the amount varies, their given training and if they sell well, move product well and are received by the public they can renew, otherwise it's grim.

I'm guessing IF candice went through any training like that, it would be minimal if any at all. If they did it would probably be something simple like presence and what words not to say and etc. Not anything like Adriana, or Ale or etc would have to go through.

I didn't know VS had so many employees that posted here on bellazon. :cain: I'm so over that. All I care about is Candice becoming a Angel soon. She will be an Angel one day.

I didn't claim to work for them in that way at all. I'm just posting what can be found and what I've been told by people who work backstage at the show, or work with some of the people who work for the company. Which they know their stuff, most of the stuff can actually (besides a few inside details) can be found online, or in specials about the company. It's pretty easy to find, and if you make the right connections people will gladly give you insider details as well. :)

Yes, I agree about Candice, she's def climbing the latter, and I do believe she'll be an angel in the next year to two years :)

Anyway like I said it doesn't matter, VS knows who to pick and who will be successful and I think them hiring her and using her for a while before signing her, will be much better. They did that with most of their top angels, it seems like the angels they hire with little to no previous work with them seem to come into the company and fail.

Anyone know what year Candice began working for them exactly? Was it 2005?

Just to add my two cents... the irony here is if you go back to like 2002 and listen to Adriana Lima speak she had a much sweeter and clearer speaking voice... :rofl: you guys crack me up

I have to agree, I don't know what she did...I adore her but it's like WTH

As for think...yea I guess articles and videos and research are think..yea. I was just giving you some inside information that really anyone who has done any amount of research knows. Then I got sidetracked because Cupid seems to have some contacts and that's interesting because there are only a few of us on here that do, so it turns into a convo :)

Just to add my two cents... the irony here is if you go back to like 2002 and listen to Adriana Lima speak she had a much sweeter and clearer speaking voice... :rofl: you guys crack me up

I know right, now I can't even understand her. I really doubt they still have these so called speech classes. Candice does not need any classes she speaks so clearly and sound sweet and relatable. Also her accent is really cute.

I know right, now I can't even understand her. I really doubt they still have these so called speech classes. Candice does not need any classes so speaks clearing and sound sweet and relatable. Also her accent is really cute.

amen to that :laugh:

That article was from 2007..they still have them. Even though a girl speaks perfect english, you go to speech lessons to learn a presence and to refine your speaking. Like I said I'm sure if she goes to them when she's contracted it will just be for a little fine tuning, which everyone needs who's going to speak in public. Heck people born and raised in the US get speech lessons in college if they are going to do something that involves public speaking. It's very normal. I think her voice is adorable, and very sweet to listen to. So I'm sure they won't do anything major, just fine tuning. For talk shows and everything that comes later :)