Book: Of Mice and Men

Sports: English Style horseback riding, ice skating, swimming

Hobbies: Reading, horseback riding, ballet

Indulgence: Talking on phone, internet

Designer: Ralph Lauren

Car: Lexus

Extra Tidbits

Secret Ambition: Writing, directing, producing

On Acting: "When I was real young, I wanted to be 1,000 different things. In acting, I get to do that every six weeks."

If She Wasn't Acting, She'd Be: A Mathematician or Astronaut

Goal: To be happy and to make others happy.

Most Treasured Possession: "Huggy, a stuffed bear I've had since day one."

Collects: Socks

Favorite Film to Make: Passionada

Most Difficult Film to Make: Happy Now?

Goofiest Moment On Set: "I did a scene in Passionada where I walked into my house. We didn't rehearse it and on the first three takes I couldn't get the door open."

Emmanuelle Grey Rossum was born on September 12th, 1986 in New York. She grew up in Manhattan and started singing at the Metropolitan Opera at age 6. As she matured, she grew out of children’s costumes at the Metropolitan Opera and decided to pursue acting. She has appeared in more than a dozen theatrical and TV movies and TV shows. Among her credits are "American Rhapsody," "It Had to Be You" and "The Audrey Hepburn Story." She received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance for her work in the 1999 film, "Songcatcher."

Emmy Rossum began her theatrical career at the Metropolitan Opera. Over the course of five years, she sang in five different languages in over twenty different operas, including La Boheme, Turandot and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Emmy made her big screen debut at the age of thirteen, as the Appalachian orphan in the film SONGCATCHER, which won the Special Jury Prize for Outstanding Ensemble Performance at the Sundance Film Festival. Emmy's performance earned her an Independent Spirit Award nomination for "Best Debut Performance". She also recently portrayed Audrey Hepburn in the ABC original movie "Audrey".

Emmy will next be seen in a supporting role opposite Sean Penn in the Clint Eastwood directed MYSTIC RIVER. She has completed filming the Roland Emmerich eco-disaster film THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW opposite Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhaal. She will soon begin production on the Joel Schumacher-directed THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. After an international search for talent, she was chosen for her lyric soprano voice and excellent acting to play the young opera singer who becomes the object of the phantom's obsession.

Born and raised in New York City, Emmy Rossum showed musical talent at an early age and at seven, joined the Metropolitan Opera's Children's Chorus. She performed onstage with the likes of Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti in the Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center, and has sung in a Carnegie Hall presentation of The Damnation of Faust. During her tenure at the Metropolitan Opera, Rossum performed in over 20 different operas in six different languages, and had the pleasure of working under the direction of Franco Zefferelli in Carmen.

Emmy signed up with an agent and began auditioning for acting roles. In 1997, she made her television debut with a recurring role in the long-running daytime soap As the World Turns. Later that year, she guest-starred on Law & Order and the following year, appeared in two movies and a mini-series. Rossum received a Young Artist Award nomination in 1999 for Best Performance in a TV Movie for her work in the TV movie Genius, followed by the role of the young Audrey Hepburn in the ABC TV movie The Audrey Hepburn Story (2000).

Earlier that year, Emmy made her big screen debut as the Appalachian orphan Deladis in Songcatcher, which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival, winning the Special Jury Award for Outstanding Ensemble Performance. Emmy also received an Independent Spirit Award nomination in the category of Best Debut Performance and sings a duet with Dolly Parton on the Songcatcher soundtrack.

Other film appearances include It Had To Be You (2000) with Natasha Henstridge and An American Rhapsody (2001) with Scarlett Johannson. After playing Sean Penn's daughter in Clint Eastwood's award-winning Mystic River (2003), Rossum's career in feature films took off. She worked on The Day After Tomorrow (2004) with Dennis Quaid, then landed her biggest role to date - the coveted part of Christine in Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera (2004) - the screen adaptation of the long-running stage musical.

An only child, Rossum has a pet Maltese named Chrissie and enjoys reading, horseback riding, talking on the phone, and spending time with friends. Currently, she divides her time between her home in Manhattan and Los Angeles.

Credit to Emmy-Rossum.net for all the info and pictures.

Guest Lullaby

emmy018ap.th.jpg emmy021kt.th.jpg

My scanner sucks like I said, but here are two of them.

I'll see about getting the rest up if better ones aren't posted and if you still want them.