Bellazon

Jessica White
Thumbnail

Anna_Bianca

Jessica White is a super model with super strength

Jessica White has many achievements during her career as a high profile supermodel. Spotted at the B chic Shoetique opening at the Ritz Carlton Hotel the leggy ebony skinned beauty talks about her new book, being a supermodel and Tyra Banks as a mentor.

What is happening with you right now?

Well I am working a lot. I just got in People Magazine’s Most Beautiful People issue. I don’t know what number I am, but hey I am in there. This is my eighth year doing Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and this year we are hoping for a cover.

Your fans are crazy about you. How does that feel?

It feels good. My fans are fanatics. I wasn’t in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue one year and so many people wrote in.

Do you feel like you represent for Black people?

Of course, I feel like I represent. I am the second African-American to get a Cover Girl contract and everyone said I would never get another contract, but I did with Maybelline. I am the first and only African-American woman to sign two beauty contracts.

So how is your relationship with Tyra Banks do you look up to her?

Tyra is like a mentor to me. I met her when I was only 16 years old and she gave some good advice. She said get yourself a publicist and turn something small into something big.

Are you working on any other big projects?

I started the Angel foundation named after me. My real name is Angel. It started off in Buffalo, New York( her hometown) and what we do is take women and young girls and help them become active citizens in the community. It’s important to me because I was abused so I want to help other young women who have had it hard. I too had to work for everything I got.

Tell me about what you have been through.

I wrote a book titled “Overcoming your Greatest Hurdles” It is about me being sexual abused growing up and overcoming it. Growing up I saw my sisters in abusive relationships because they were also abused. I mean they were in Ike and Tina relationships. Seeing things like that at a young age affects you. Being an abuse victim empowered me to say ‘I have been abused so how can I help people deal with something traumatizing that is why it is called “Overcoming your Greatest Hurdles.”

post-19430-1272384498_thumb.jpg