Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

post-4242-0-1446104361-79205_thumb.jpg

Here’s what Editor-in-chief Bernadette Morra had to say about the cover process:

“This cover had to communicate a number of things – FASHION’s 35th anniversary, our stature as Canada’s #1 high fashion and beauty magazine, and our mandate of bringing the international world of fashion home. The first was easy: an oversized 35 years in the upper left sell position and very few other cover lines. For the second we knew we wanted a Canadian model, someone who would truly make this a collectible cover. Who better than fashion icon and St. Catherines native Linda Evangelista? She has a long history with our magazine and was thrilled to participate in this special issue. Linda’s global profile and her dress by Lanvin, one of the hottest collections in Paris, do an excellent job of bringing the international world of fashion home.

Finally, we needed something that would distinguish our anniversary issue from everything else on the newsstand. I remembered a signed T-shirt with her picture that Linda had given me years ago. So I asked her if she would autograph our cover. Luckily, she loved the idea and was happy to oblige.”

The issue goes on sale October 8th. Cover price $5.50.

From the Press Release:

A few quotes from our interview with Linda…

On maintaining her privacy:

“I really like just to do covers and do the beautiful editorials,” she says. “I like to pass on the interview part.”

On recognizing the downside of the digital age and its detrimental effect on fashion photography:

Instead of taking the trouble to get things right as a picture is being taken, often the effort is left to post-production. “I have pictures that I did with Steven Meisel that were not retouched…we held eight reflectors if we had to make the light perfect. They didn’t have to erase a shadow or bag or wrinkle or pimple.”

On her workout regimen:

“I have a trainer. I do spinning. I do cross-training. I do weightlifting. I do my Power Plate. I do my rebounder trampoline. I do my rowing machine. And I play sports.”

post-20476-0-1446104366-73925_thumb.jpg

Here’s what Editor-in-chief Bernadette Morra had to say about the cover process:

“This cover had to communicate a number of things – FASHION’s 35th anniversary, our stature as Canada’s #1 high fashion and beauty magazine, and our mandate of bringing the international world of fashion home. The first was easy: an oversized 35 years in the upper left sell position and very few other cover lines. For the second we knew we wanted a Canadian model, someone who would truly make this a collectible cover. Who better than fashion icon and St. Catherines native Linda Evangelista? She has a long history with our magazine and was thrilled to participate in this special issue. Linda’s global profile and her dress by Lanvin, one of the hottest collections in Paris, do an excellent job of bringing the international world of fashion home.

Finally, we needed something that would distinguish our anniversary issue from everything else on the newsstand. I remembered a signed T-shirt with her picture that Linda had given me years ago. So I asked her if she would autograph our cover. Luckily, she loved the idea and was happy to oblige.”

The issue goes on sale October 8th. Cover price $5.50.

From the Press Release:

A few quotes from our interview with Linda…

On maintaining her privacy:

“I really like just to do covers and do the beautiful editorials,” she says. “I like to pass on the interview part.”

On recognizing the downside of the digital age and its detrimental effect on fashion photography:

Instead of taking the trouble to get things right as a picture is being taken, often the effort is left to post-production. “I have pictures that I did with Steven Meisel that were not retouched…we held eight reflectors if we had to make the light perfect. They didn’t have to erase a shadow or bag or wrinkle or pimple.”

On her workout regimen:

“I have a trainer. I do spinning. I do cross-training. I do weightlifting. I do my Power Plate. I do my rebounder trampoline. I do my rowing machine. And I play sports.”

^Wow...all that gold on that Chanel outfit! It almost seems to heavy to walk in all of that!

I think I'm going to cry! I went to the I-D magazine website to order Linda's cover and it's SOLD OUT!! Can you believe it???? The other fifteen covers are still available. Boooooo!!!!

"Please note the Linda Evangelista cover of the The Role Model Issue is now sold out."

http://idonline.gost...odel-issue.html

^Then that's a good sign! It means that people liked Linda's cover the best! :brows: IMO it was indeed the best of the 16 covers.

Love the Chanel pic, never seen that particular ad. And regarding the picture above it, it's definitely from Dolce & Gabbana (from the autumn/winter 1992 show).

^This was one my favorite looks on Linda. Thanks, brazilianaffair! :heart:

And if anyone happens to find another source online where I can buy I-D magazine with the cover of Linda (see my avatar), I would greatly appreciate it. :wave: I still can't believe her cover is sold out on I-D's website. :no:

I can keep an eye out for you when they arrive down here? :flower:

^Wow...all that gold on that Chanel outfit! It almost seems to heavy to walk in all of that!

I think I'm going to cry! I went to the I-D magazine website to order Linda's cover and it's SOLD OUT!! Can you believe it???? The other fifteen covers are still available. Boooooo!!!!

"Please note the Linda Evangelista cover of the The Role Model Issue is now sold out."

http://idonline.gost...odel-issue.html

wow that's interesting. I'm not surprised though. People know her face