Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

On 2/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, toodarnhot said:

So thrilled for Elsa and Tom! I looked up the name and it’s the name of a Finnish goddess. Very cute way to honour her family. 

That's lovely :wub: It says the name means "wind" or "little wind" indeed named after a Finnish forest goddess. 🧝‍♀️ I wonder how it's pronounced.

I recognize everyone's choice to do with their lives as they please. With that said, I think it's very irresponsible and dangerous for both mother and child to have a home birth. If anything goes wrong, being in a medical facility is the best.

Regardless of my views, congrats to them.

I think home births have become very common, especially during the pandemic as the limitations in hospitals mean that you pretty much have to be alone when giving birth which sounds fucking horrible and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy, particularly if this is your first child. To say it's an irresponsible decision is honestly a reach, especially when she said she had a very easy and low risk pregnancy, she had a doula and a midwife with her... Both professional who know what they are doing, some places even require you to have an ambulance in stand-by outside your home in case something goes wrong. Home births have become a lot safer in recent years, the only instances where home births are not recommended, are when you have a high risk pregnancy or any other underlying conditions that may complicate the delivery which clearly was not the case with Elsa.

Her essay on birth was so well written and of course she also looks beautiful in all the pictures, she seems to really be enjoying motherhood a lot.