Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

She looks great in the pink sweatshirt posted above! 

I also like her content lately, and she does look great. For a while she was looking too skinny and her lips were too plump and fake, but she looks so beautiful recently. 

Also glad to hear she's done with VS. Some of their new pictures have actually been really good, but she was there long enough and got enough awesome stuff from them that it is definitely time to move on. 

On 4/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, Clauds said:

NOW GIVE ME THE CLOTHING LINE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

Ooooh, I didn't know about this! Some of her clothing choices are a little too bizarre for me, but I think it's great she's branching out. I want her to have a financially secure future, and eventually modeling will dry up, so I'm glad she'll have other things to bring in some income. 

How long do you guys think models, especially ex VS Angels can model for? I know models like Gisele and Adriana are still around, but I  mean models who aren't at that level. Like what do models do after their model career has ended and no one wants to book them any longer? I hope Elsa has a long career, but it does worrry me. 

On 4/12/2020 at 3:35 PM, bump said:

How long do you guys think models, especially ex VS Angels can model for? I know models like Gisele and Adriana are still around, but I  mean models who aren't at that level. Like what do models do after their model career has ended and no one wants to book them any longer? I hope Elsa has a long career, but it does worrry me. 

This is a really interesting question and something I've been wondering too. In another thread someone recently referred to Doutzen as an "older model" and that she still gets high profile campaigns etc.

While Elsa doesn't have the fame or name recognition of Adriana or other high profile ex VS models, she's an incredibly striking woman who I'm guessing would be in big demand for a while yet.

But as we've seen many models transition into other careers as well, although often they were the very high profile names who were mainstream celebrities.

17 hours ago, hillstreet said:

This is a really interesting question and something I've been wondering too. In another thread someone recently referred to Doutzen as an "older model" and that she still gets high profile campaigns etc.

While Elsa doesn't have the fame or name recognition of Adriana or other high profile ex VS models, she's an incredibly striking woman who I'm guessing would be in big demand for a while yet.

But as we've seen many models transition into other careers as well, although often they were the very high profile names who were mainstream celebrities.

I hate to agree, but I would say Doutzen is definitely an "older"model since so many models start out around 15-16 years ago. Doutzen is in her mid 30s, I think? I love that she is still getting jobs, though. Doutzen is one of my favorites. It took a few years for me to understand why she was so popular, just like it took me a while with Rosie, but now I get why they are still in demand. I hope Elsa continues to follow that path of booking jobs when she's older. 

I just wonder what happens to models who don't have the career path these girls do. Imagine going from being on Vogue covers, VS magazines, and walking HF shows to working as a waitress somewhere (I'm a waitress, nothign wrong with that). A glamorous, jet setting lifestyle switched out for a common job sounds awful. I hope Elsa has some business stuff in mind and has been smart with her money. i do think she'll continue to get jobs for a while because she looks better than she has in a while, but IDK, I would be worried if I was a model. 

Thanks for all the instagram picture posts @wildestvibe! I figure there won't be much modeling work coming out since no one is able to shoot anything, but I do love the instagram posts. I don't have instagram, so coming here to see them is lovely! Elsa looks very comfortable at home. I wish she would start a Youtube channel, like Jasmine and Romee have done. 

8 hours ago, bump said:

I hate to agree, but I would say Doutzen is definitely an "older"model since so many models start out around 15-16 years ago. Doutzen is in her mid 30s, I think? I love that she is still getting jobs, though. Doutzen is one of my favorites. It took a few years for me to understand why she was so popular, just like it took me a while with Rosie, but now I get why they are still in demand. I hope Elsa continues to follow that path of booking jobs when she's older. 

I just wonder what happens to models who don't have the career path these girls do. Imagine going from being on Vogue covers, VS magazines, and walking HF shows to working as a waitress somewhere (I'm a waitress, nothign wrong with that). A glamorous, jet setting lifestyle switched out for a common job sounds awful. I hope Elsa has some business stuff in mind and has been smart with her money. i do think she'll continue to get jobs for a while because she looks better than she has in a while, but IDK, I would be worried if I was a model. 

Thanks for all the instagram picture posts @wildestvibe! I figure there won't be much modeling work coming out since no one is able to shoot anything, but I do love the instagram posts. I don't have instagram, so coming here to see them is lovely! Elsa looks very comfortable at home. I wish she would start a Youtube channel, like Jasmine and Romee have done. 

I'm sure that Elsa will remain in demand for a long time. She's a very special model. And I totally agree about her doing a YouTube channel, that would be fantastic. :)

Honestly, I think it's likely to be extremely uncommon for a model to make a name for herself to the extend of being on the cover of Vogue, to then work a more normal job after. I'm sure that's more likely for catalogue models or ones that got some work but had a lower profile.

The  vast majority of models do have a shelf life but knowing that I'm sure many prepare for life after modelling by saving their money or getting an education etc.

Some also are married to wealthy partners and that gives them freedom from having to worry about money after their modelling career ends.

4 minutes ago, hillstreet said:

I'm sure that Elsa will remain in demand for a long time. She's a very special model. And I totally agree about her doing a YouTube channel, that would be fantastic. :)

Honestly, I think it's likely to be extremely uncommon for a model to make a name for herself to the extend of being on the cover of Vogue, to then work a more normal job after. I'm sure that's more likely for catalogue models or ones that got some work but had a lower profile.

The  vast majority of models do have a shelf life but knowing that I'm sure many prepare for life after modelling by saving their money or getting an education etc.

Some also are married to wealthy partners and that gives them freedom from having to worry about money after their modelling career ends.

Elsa's never been on Vogue. :rofl: Beauty covers only. 

They have the weirdest style, but for some reason I feel like they're both really nice, down to earth people. 

Thanks for your response @hillstreet

and I never knew Elsa didn't have any Vogue covers, @toodarnhot. I'm not super familiar with her career because I really only know her VS stuff, and I remember some of her Free People and Lancaster stuff (which I love all 3 of those! she was perfect for those brands). Did she ever have any editorials in Vogue, or has she been in magazines like Elle or something?