Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

No scientific evidence that putting anything with blood on top of your skin will rejuvenate it.  PRP (plasma rich proteins) are used SUBDERMALLY via injection to stimulate collagen production which is the foundation of skin.  Results are VERY variable and certainly don't compare to a facelift.  Similar procedures are used in dentistry to regenerate bone ( different products, though) in patients with periodontal disease once disease is controlled.  Bone grafting products are used all the time in extraction sites to minimize bone loss.

Take home message: Placebo effect is more powerful than the scientific evidence of a beneficial effect.  Elsa would be far better off watching what she puts into her body and DEFINITLY LAY OFF THE CIGARETTES!!

17 hours ago, Chessie said:

I remember that when Kim K said that she used it everyone was so "disgusted" and saying how gross it was. Now someone with the face that Elsa has and it's one of the most beautiful and classy women out there said it and it's amazing and we all want to try it. 

My point: everything will sell better if the K family is not involved. 

I did the micro needle w/ PRP and it was the best treatment I did onmy skin. They turn your blood into plasma. Using your blood raw is not as good as plasma...but it this treatment got rid of all the really had dark spots on my face that I had for years and  made it youthful and glass looking.

44 minutes ago, Samiot said:

No scientific evidence that putting anything with blood on top of your skin will rejuvenate it.  PRP (plasma rich proteins) are used SUBDERMALLY via injection to stimulate collagen production which is the foundation of skin.  Results are VERY variable and certainly don't compare to a facelift.  Similar procedures are used in dentistry to regenerate bone ( different products, though) in patients with periodontal disease once disease is controlled.  Bone grafting products are used all the time in extraction sites to minimize bone loss.

Take home message: Placebo effect is more powerful than the scientific evidence of a beneficial effect.  Elsa would be far better off watching what she puts into her body and DEFINITLY LAY OFF THE CIGARETTES!!

It's not a placebo effect. It really works. I don't feel like explaining the science of skin and how each ingredient penetrates the skin. Also, injections of PRP does not stimulate collagen production...it relaxes the muscle. Using a Derma Pen or Micro Needle Roller stimulates collagen production because you are puncturing the skin and causing an injury which triggers your body to produce XYZ to heal the skin.

It's not a placebo effect. It really works. I don't feel like explaining the science of skin and how each ingredient penetrates the skin. Also, injections of PRP does not stimulate collagen production...it relaxes the muscle. Using a Derma Pen or Micro Needle Roller stimulates collagen production because you are puncturing the skin and causing an injury which triggers your body to produce XYZ to heal the skin.

If you read carefully, you'll see I was speaking about putting a blood product ON TOP of the skin, like a salve or ointment.  It has NO beneficial effect.  Introducing it SUBDERMALLY like with microneedling is a different matter all together.  But, Elsa is only putting it on top, she mentions nothing about microneedling and the jar of product she is putting on herself would not be something a therapist administers subdermally.  So, probably she is getting a placebo effect.