Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

23 minutes ago, Bridgeburner7 said:

I think that's a bit harsh. Sure most of what they post is sexy selfies and the like, but that isn't all they post. Those selfies are what get new followers and what keeps people following them. Without those daily sexy photos, there would be a fraction of the people following them, and that means way less people see the occasional post about their favorite charity, or what ever else it might be that is more serious than just an everyday selfie. Is it all as altruistic as some models make it sound? No, definitely not, but I don't see why a model can't benefit from their social media while also using it as the occasional platform for some serious matters. So while those sexy butt photos and what not might benefit the models most, the charities and other serious things they post about benefit from them as well.

I'm all for using social media as a platform to inform and educate others about important things but the way she made it sound is like 95% her account is all about "inspiring" others and "doing good"... Sorry, where? Pretty much all of her pictures are about her, her work or something random. It's great that she does charity work but do we really get to see much of it? Not really. I know she supported the anti human trafficking organisation FAIR girls which is great, but that was years ago. If she's doing all these great things now, why not show it? 

Same goes for Sara's comment about how she wants to be a good role model and how she doesn't want girls to think they have to look like her, but to be the best version of themselves. Okay... Sounds amazing but she seems to forget that if a "normal" non famous girl would post all the things she does (constantly in bikini's, half naked, butt pictures/selfies/whatever) she would get called all sorts of things. She's a model and it's what people are used to seeing so they do it anyway, but for her to think that their half naked pictures inspire all girls all over the world to be the best version of themselves? Please. If anything, I think more girls and women get even more insecure when seeing these models flaunt their "perfect" lives.  There's a lot more to life than showing yourself half naked and pretending to have the perfect life when it's probably not all that behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, *Luna* said:

If anything, I think more girls and women get even more insecure when seeing these models flaunt their "perfect" lives.

The whole point of fashion industry (especially magazines) is to pray on men's and women's insecurities and profit from it.

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

The whole point of fashion industry (especially magazines) is to pray on men's and women's insecurities and profit from it.

I know that which makes it (in my opinion) even more ridiculous when models start saying things like I previously mentioned. It just clashes and makes absolutely no sense.

22 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I guess when you put it that way, yeah it makes sense for them to say so, but it makes me wonder how they can actually constantly lie about these things, like how do the people in their private lives know when they're being genuine or not? That's something I'd definitely "worry" about if I ever got into contact with one of them and got to know them. They're so used to saying "Oh I loooove this and that!" when they just have to say it because that's how the business works and make the public believe all these things. I mean, where do they even draw the line?

Things you're talking about are not exclusive to people working in entertainment industry. People put on their best fake every day, some of your close friends lie (exaggerate) too. We all do it to look better, especially in front of people we don't know. You also have to remember that celebrities (esp. women) have to put up extra shield because of the creepiness that surrounds them, on internet and in their real lives. You can't fault them for putting on the "mask". Best you can do is not buy into every PR served BS celebrities say and not take it too personal. Don't have to be negative about everything but also don't take their words as gospel.

And in case if you to ever truly get to know them, well, in that case, if the friendship is real and they think you are with them because who they are not who they project to be, then those masks should fall off. Right?

4 hours ago, Schemer said:

Things you're talking about are not exclusive to people working in entertainment industry. People put on their best fake every day, some of your close friends lie (exaggerate) too. We all do it to look better, especially in front of people we don't know. You also have to remember that celebrities (esp. women) have to put up extra shield because of the creepiness that surrounds them, on internet and in their real lives. You can't fault them for putting on the "mask". Best you can do is not buy into every PR served BS celebrities say and not take it too personal. Don't have to be negative about everything but also don't take their words as gospel.

And in case if you to ever truly get to know them, well, in that case, if the friendship is real and they think you are with them because who they are not who they project to be, then those masks should fall off. Right?

I guess everyone exaggerates to a certain point, but models/other famous people play this persona a lot more than your average Joe would and lie a lot more. I think the problem here is though that many young girls look up to these people and don't realize that what they're portraying isn't correct or always what it seems like. To adults it seems obvious that it's not as glamorous as they would like us to think, but then again there are lots of people out there who (for an example) truly believe life in NYC is exactly like the characters on let's say Friends, Gossip Girl, HIMYM, etc... Some things are true yes, but most of it is just exaggerated like crazy. I think the fashion world and entertainment industry would be a lot more interesting if they were a little more realistic at times, but I'm afraid that won't happen either as people like having this fantasy to look at/dream about... No one can win I guess.

Not for being bitchy or anything (because it's an interesting conversation) but I think this thread is for sharing Elsa's work not for discussing this kind of themes that are more general and don't have anything to do with her individual work.

1 hour ago, Chessie said:

Not for being bitchy or anything (because it's an interesting conversation) but I think this thread is for sharing Elsa's work not for discussing this kind of themes that are more general and don't have anything to do with her individual work.

Yepp - fully agree...

I love how in the last two pictures she went from looking like a cast member of Real Housewives to looking like a teenager :rofl: I think that's one of Elsa's best qualities as a model, she can look very grown and mature one moment, and the next day she's looking all youthful and is able to pull off cutesy settings like the VS bralette campaigns. 

On 8/8/2017 at 5:42 AM, Schemer said:

They can either play the part and get paid, or vacate the place and have another girl instead of them.

"In the game of thrones, you either win it or you die." -Cersi Lannister. 

Couldn't help this, the way you said this sentence reminded me of that from GoT. 

As for the photos and shares, Thank You!