Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

I have to say, as good as she looks in the new VS pictures, I'm kind of over it. VS stopped working with David Bellemere and went back to old boring Russell James and I ain't feeling it at all, it's boring and I'm already sick of it :ninja: I'm ready for Elsa to leave VS and do something sexier and edgier like AP or La Perla which ain't happening cuz Elsa seems to love her VS paycheck but one can hope :rofl: 

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

I have to say, as good as she looks in the new VS pictures, I'm kind of over it. VS stopped working with David Bellemere and went back to old boring Russell James and I ain't feeling it at all, it's boring and I'm already sick of it :ninja: I'm ready for Elsa to leave VS and do something sexier and edgier like AP or La Perla which ain't happening cuz Elsa seems to love her VS paycheck but one can hope :rofl: 

I honestly prefer Russel over David a million times just because he doesn't use that horrible vintage filter IN EVERY PICTURE. Bellemere's pictures are great but that filters ruin everything. 

1 hour ago, Chessie said:

I honestly prefer Russel over David a million times just because he doesn't use that horrible vintage filter IN EVERY PICTURE. Bellemere's pictures are great but that filters ruin everything. 

+1

Bellemere has morphed into fancy instagram photographer.

Bellemere's work feels like once you've seen a few of his shots you have seen them all. I like Guy Aroch but he has the same kind of impression, I think its best and keeps things fresh for VS to never just stick to one photog for too many shoots in a row, I like Guy's shots with Elsa and the first few shoots of hers with Bellemere but then they get to feel like you've seen them all pretty quickly with their styles.

I like that they are finally starting to showcase her legs more, I always thought Elsa has really nice legs.

I'm curious why VS dropped Bellemere so suddenly. He was doing everything for them, and suddenly nothing. I liked his work, as well as Guy's. Lately I haven't minded the stuff with Russell but I find it a little tame. I agree that they should rotate through photographers and keep it fresh, rather than using the same one over and over. I'm excited for this Adam Franzino shoot she just did. It seems very promising. 

nVqzoJ5C.jpg R1EDHN6i.jpg xq75Zesl.jpg ExQ9dPki.jpg GZ5Zf8fk.jpg fzHHZCNS.jpg DE9bSjGY.jpg

I don't think it's a coincidence that they stopped working together, I mean first they seemed to be obsessed with him, working together for pretty much all projects and seemed to have lost all interest in Russell James and Guy Aroch, and now it's the complete opposite. I kinda feel like it's VS that dropped him/decided to stop working with him, but who knows. I don't think we will ever find out what really happened :smile: 

22 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I'm curious why VS dropped Bellemere so suddenly. He was doing everything for them, and suddenly nothing. I liked his work, as well as Guy's. Lately I haven't minded the stuff with Russell but I find it a little tame. I agree that they should rotate through photographers and keep it fresh, rather than using the same one over and over. I'm excited for this Adam Franzino shoot she just did. It seems very promising. 

This is my problem with Russell, it's way too tame and every shoot looks exactly the same to me, he's been with VS for 15 years and it's just boring at this point, is not as noticeable with Elsa because she hasn't worked as much with him but if you compare two pictures of say, Candice or Lais from 2010 to 2015 it looks literally the same. 

I'm just over VS tbh :rofl: This whole cutesy, cute, festival vibe crap is not my thing, which is why I like Bellemere's work, at least his shoots were edgier and sexier. Adam's shoot does look promising tho.

Maybe Bellemere's shoots are "edgier and sexier" to some, but eventually they also looked the same pretty much all the time. Same filter, same style/feel to them. Every photographer obviously has their own distinct style which will be noticeable but I personally find Russell's work far more diverse than Bellemere. 

I think it would be really nice if VS used female photographers more often as well. I actually quite like Anna Palma's work for VS. She has a similar style to her husband, but I think her results are less "filter-y" than Guy's. Zoey Grossman does AMAZING work for For Love and Lemons imo, but I wasn't wowwed by her VS shoot which disappointed me. I'd like to see get another chance, maybe on a more lingerie focused shoot, rather than the casual cotton type things she shot last time. Same with Anna- she was given a pretty simple white wall set. I'd like to see what she could turn out given a more complex art direction. Again, I'm more inclined to VS using a rotation of photographers rather than the same one over and over.