Bellazon

Ana Flávia
Thumbnail

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

digitals – courtesy viva

MOTW_AnaFlavia_Viva10_web.thumb.jpg.c46137a68edccabf5de1d8a4faee57a9.jpgMOTW_AnaFlavia_Viva11_web.thumb.jpg.88d37a1845783ecfc7a3f05f48296eba.jpgMOTW_AnaFlavia_Viva12_web.thumb.jpg.26ddccd7fc16dd45c08043c9684b4e42.jpgMOTW_AnaFlavia_Viva13_web.thumb.jpg.9854300dbb1f3f3f377530ab417325c3.jpg

interview
Name:
Ana Flávia Santos

Agency:
Viva Paris ()
Viva London ()
Viva Barcelona ()
Elite New York City ()
Mega Model Brasil (São Paulo – mother agency)

Height:
177cm (5’9.5″)

Place of Origin:
Salvador, Brasil

Ethnic Origin:
Afro descendant (Multiracial Brazilian)

Birthsign:
Gemini

Instagram:
@anaflaviu

How discovered:
I was hanging out in a shopping mall and a friend made an introduction to a local scouter in Salvador, Bahia (my hometown) then we made some polaroids and appointments with bigger agencies in the country who were interested in me. In São Paulo I went through a national scouting program and came up as the first black model ever to win a beauty contest for any model agency in Brazil.

What was your first modeling job?
I remember doing a few editorials in the first weeks after the contest. I was a little bit overwhelmed with all the buzz after I won the contest but the photographers, make-up artists and stylists at the shootings were all very kind and patient to me and I overcame the anxiety, having a lot of fun with them.

Favorite designer/brand/product:
I’ve been in love with the work of Nicolas Ghesquiere, Virgil Abloh, Natasha Ramsey Levy, Maria Grazia Chiuri, Ricardo Tisci and Anthony Vaccarello. I love lots of brands that blend premium and high-tech fabrics with a streetwear approach and leather goods like Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Saint Laurent, Off-White, Heron Preston, Vetements, among other, more casual [brands] like Acne Studios, APC.

What’s your beauty routine?
My skin routine is pretty much non-existent (lol). I use a Carmex to keep my lips moisturized and a body balm by Aesop that I’ve been loving.

Favorite modeling experience so far?
This year I’ve been a part of some special moments for like the Dior Cruise show in Marrakech and another journey with Chloé to Shanghai. I dreamt about travelling the world when I was younger and being able to do that with my work really stood out as the best advantage in this career.

What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling? Or what do you want to do after modeling?
I would work with something that I am passionate about like decoration and interior design. I intend to start in this as a hobby for my own pleasure in the next few years and perhaps I will pursue this as a career later in my life.

Which brand would you really love to model for?
I would love to star in a campaign for Fenty, Fenty Beauty or anything related to Rihanna. Would also be happy to do campaigns for other brands that I love like Chanel, Prada or Versace and walking for Off-White again.

Some of your favorite things:
I love going to the beach because it takes me back home and I feel re-energized. I like to stay home with my boyfriend streaming some movies, eating pasta and to chill listening to music.

What are you listening to at the moment?
In my heavy rotation are mostly pop artists like my favorites Rihanna, The Weeknd, Drake and Lana Del Rey. I’m also listening to a lot of hip-hop artists like Travis Scott, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, 21 Savage and some other related genres like reggaeton, dancehall and afrobeat.

Favorite movie(s) or TV show(s):
I have a special place in my heart for movies like BlacKkKlansman, and 12 Years a Slave, Hidden Figures and The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind. I like to watch series like Greys Anatomy, Dear White People and American Crime Story.

How was your life different 12 months ago?
I was dealing with some concerns about the future, and overcoming some setbacks, trying to improve my English and develop a better exercise routine. I’m really happy and proud of myself that my effort and dedication got me this far already. When I look back, it seemed almost out of reach to be where I am standing right now in my career.

What always makes you laugh?
My boyfriend, and when I remember some jokes I used to have with my family back home. I love hanging with my sisters and brother.

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
Mainly about my own modeling career and making clever investments to provide a better life for my family and feel safe about my own future. I’m also studying the possibilities to do courses about decor and design since this has been a main interest of mine for a long time and now I’m having an opportunity to work in cities that have great design schools.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
I stay motivated with the coaching of some really good people I am blessed to work with from every agency. I think a lot of models underestimate the importance of being on the same page with the team, the mindset and the goals of everyone involved have to be aligned. I keep inspiring me to always strive and prosper with no lack of patience, to have better confidence in myself, stay working on improving my skills with determination and discipline and never give up on my dreams.

• 1 year later...