Bellazon

Niki Taylor
Thumbnail

bigassscans

here's a little info about Niki's new show with Tyson Beckford. Guys we have to watch and support her! I have missed seeing her!

Former supermodel Niki Taylor and model-turned-movie hunk Tyson Beckford will be hosting a new reality show on Bravo called, “Make Me A Supermodel,” where men and women will vie for an agency contract. The series is scheduled to premiere on January 1oth, however a special airing of the show on January 2nd is the official kick-off, where 24 contestants will be whittled down to just 14.

Over a 12 week peried, viewers of the show will have the chance to vote for each of the 14 contestants to determine who stays and who is shown the door. The models will all be living together in a loft in New York City. To view more about the show, including contestant bio’s, visit Bravotv.com.

more in depth

Bravo has announced supermodels Niki Taylor and Tyson Beckford will serve as hosts for Make Me a Supermodel, a new America's Next Top Model-like reality competition series that will pit 14 aspiring runway walkers against one another with home viewers deciding the fate of each catwalk wannabe.

Neither Taylor nor Beckford has previous reality television experience, however both have extensive modeling backgrounds. Taylor has been featured on more than 400 magazine covers across the world throughout her career. Beckford has appeared in films like Zoolander and Into the Blue as well as music videos for artists including Britney Spears and Toni Braxton.

The previously announced series will begin with a cast of 14 -- but instead of featuring an all-female line-up, ala Top Model -- the Bravo show will be co-ed and feature seven guys and seven girls. Over a 12-week period, the contestants will live together in a Manhattan loft and deal with their personal relationships with one another while also competing in a series of challenges designed to test their potential on the catwalk.

Rather than letting its Top Model-like panel of judges decide each contestants' weekly fate, Make Me a Supermodel will -- in a move that marks a first for a Bravo reality competition series -- incorporate an American Idol-like twist and let home viewers vote to determine which contestant gets eliminated each week.

Following 11 weeks of eliminations, Make Me a Supermodel will then get to decide which remaining contestant wins the competition and receives the show's grand prize package -- $100,000 and a modeling agency contract.

Make Me a Supermodel's format is based on a U.K. show of the same name, which premiered in March 2005 and aired two seasons on Britain's Five broadcast network. Former Dancing with the Stars participant and The Real Gilligan's Island castaway Rachel Hunter served as the host and lead judge of the U.K. editions.