Bellazon

Stephanie Seymour
Thumbnail

bigassscans

• 2 weeks later...

Great content, ser_franklin, but allow me to give you some tech advice with scanning: If you're going to take all of the time to handle the originals and put them on a scanner, you need to be scanning at 300dpi minimum resolution, maybe even 400dpi.  Keep the originals, and then process another copy with a very subtle blur of only 2-3 pixes (I forgot the exact settings), which won't affect details but will eliminate the interference patterns of the dots on computer screens so the scans look good at any zoom level.

If you search my posts you can see examples of how scans look with these settings. Here's one:

On 5/31/2021 at 7:18 PM, slacker said:

Great content, ser_franklin, but allow me to give you some tech advice with scanning: If you're going to take all of the time to handle the originals and put them on a scanner, you need to be scanning at 300dpi minimum resolution, maybe even 400dpi.  Keep the originals, and then process another copy with a very subtle blur of only 2-3 pixes (I forgot the exact settings), which won't affect details but will eliminate the interference patterns of the dots on computer screens so the scans look good at any zoom level.

If you search my posts you can see examples of how scans look with these settings. Here's one:

Thanks for the hints and suggestions... Technology is not my forte 🥴, but i'll give it another go soon, since I have more scans as well 👍🏽

2 hours ago, ser_franklin said:

Thanks for the hints and suggestions... Technology is not my forte 🥴, but i'll give it another go soon, since I have more scans as well 👍🏽

You'll thank me later, trust me! Here's another post from a few years ago with my scans, and in the post I said "600 dpi, no blur or descreening," which is maybe overkill, but no doubt the best quality:

One more:

21 hours ago, slacker said:

You'll thank me later, trust me! Here's another post from a few years ago with my scans, and in the post I said "600 dpi, no blur or descreening," which is maybe overkill, but no doubt the best quality:

One more:

i have rescanned the Sante D'Orazio editorial, which was probably the most problematic since the rain in the editorial amplified those dots even more....should be a little improved now