Bellazon

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Stromboli1

There's enough ambiguity in the title, when coupled with the persistent rumours of Rey’s heritage being retconned by Abrams, to get me a little worried about how this might go down. :blush:

The other popular theory of 'Skywalker' becoming a title is certainly something I could get on board with, though. I like the concept of Luke having such an impact that the word comes to mean something to the effect of 'Jedi leader'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw and enjoyed it, some random thoughts:

I liked the choice of Daisy from the beginning and was reminded of it again.

The success of the original movies was based (at least partly) on children seeing it and how that impacted them. With that in mind, I tried to watch this one from a child's perspective and I think it helped me enjoy it more. Of course, you can't think like that the entire movie, but when I did it was just fun.

I have thought this before, but for some reason thought about it again today: I'm glad I'm not a critic. The idea of having to start a movie looking for the bad would make me not want to watch movies anymore,  I think. For those that do their job well, and maybe those that do it poorly, that's how they seem to approach it.

More things I was thinking about which no one asked for:

I wonder how long the break between movies will be this time. The first break between trilogies was 16 years and the next break was 10 years. I know they announced there are not working on anything now, but I have a hard time believing it will be as long as 10 years this time.

I may be alone, but I'm fairly sure Rogue One is my preferred movie of the most recent five.

• 1 month later...