Bellazon

BZ Redesign - Please comment

maddog107

I am finally going to make the investment to redesign BZ and I wanted all your feedback. Please take a look at some of the links below and see what you think. All of the links are just design cues, like we could take this feature from this design and that feature from over there. If you have any links or any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

To summarize the primary pages we wish to redesign are (in order of importance):

All other pages are secondary and not very important at this point. 

Here are some of the designs that I favorited on Dribble:

I think that this way to show images (+5 part) could work well, that way instead of having a ton of pictures in a row it would be more compact. For example if you look at this post in mobile you have to scroll down for a long time to get to the next post. Also depending on how we display the images if you click the +5 (carrousel?) we could maybe add some ads in between some of the pictures.

Category Idea (Female Fashion Models, Female Musicians, Victoria Secret Fashion Show, SI Swimsuit, etc...)

Topic Listing for say Fashion Models or any other thread that has images associated with the threads

So this is just a random thought I had. It could make an interesting for the first page of any topic. So instead of landing straight into the forum if you clicked on Taylor Hill  we could have a page like that where it would list her age/measurements/agency what not and then maybe something like "most popular pictures" / "most recent pictures" and if you click them it takes you straight to the post where they are contained. That way a person arriving could jump straight into a popular thread without having to scroll through 509 pages (20 posts each) of Taylor Hill for example. Could also have "people who viewed this thread also liked"... anyways just random thoughts.

Thread view idea, not sure if this would work, but maybe as you scroll through the posts if it has images the images show up on the top of your viewport and you can go through the carousel? Not sure if its a good navigation though...

Achievement/Badges for members/ Profile Pages - Low Priority 

Random other

I don't have strong feelings about any one particular design, I just think design cues from some of these could work. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas. Thank you.

• maddog107 changed the title to BZ Redesign - Please comment

First, thank you for taking the time to invest in this redesign and improving on BZ! Second, thank you for welcoming our input and valuing our suggestions. :heart: 

Photo and Video Viewing

So these are just my personal preferences when it comes to viewing photos and videos: 

Neat, clean thumbnails. I like the way BZ automatically does them (200px auto width, neatly spaced and justified) but as mentioned before, it might be a nice option for people to choose a thumbnail size for their account. I like them smaller, but people might prefer being able to see more details. 

Embedded videos are really messy with the current BZ design. I had brought this up before, but I'd love to see videos displayed the same way as photos. A thumbnail of the video, and then when clicked it either expands or opens in a pop up window? I think BZ used to have a viewer like this- photos would open full screen on the same tab, and you could scroll between them? 

●  I'm not a big fan of the (5+ images) idea. I'd rather keep to seeing all the images in the post at once, but then maybe utilize the carousel for full sized viewing. 

● A way for users to organize their own images? I rarely use the BZ uploader and still stick to my own image host because I can organize pictures into different galleries that makes it easier for me to go back and find them. Even being able to filter by topic in the "My Attachments" stream would be an improvement. 

Model Profile

● I love this idea! I'm not 100% how you could incorporate it smoothly into the forum structure though. If I'm browsing in a dedicated forum (like Female Fashion Models) I think it would annoy me if I clicked on a model's name and it took me a profile instead of the direct thread.

● However, maybe it would be possible to rework the Model Directory to incorporate this? You search for/select a model and you're brought to a brief profile that gives a lot more information than the first page of the thread would, and then there's a link to the thread somewhere on the page. 

● I like the idea of having model stats and agencies listed. Including social medias like Youtube and Instagram would also maybe be nice, although I see that being a lot of work for moderators to update. 

Misc

● Any chance we could get the post reactions back? It was a nice way to show appreciation to posters who post great content without clogging up a thread with brief thank you posts. 

● I know the badges are low priority, but it would be fun if people could get awarded badges for winning some of the BZ contests, like the Cup of Nations etc. 

●  I really don't know how you would fix it/improve it atm but the instagram embeds have been really annoying of late. I think it's more of a user issue of certain users posting multiple embeds in one post, and them not displaying in a neat/clean way but maybe simply having them a narrow width would help with the bloat.  

● Quoting images! Any way that quote images could automatically turn into an image link or something so we don't have quotes of the same 30 thumbnails on the same page? 

I might attempt some mock ups over the weekend of what I'd love to see. 

• maddog107 featured and pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@maddog107

Hi, I just saw this thread. I don't know if it's still open for discussions, but here are a couple of thoughts:

- for the periodic magazines/publications in "General babe discussion", it could be good if we could have a tag system with the date (year/month/week) and the model names. Then, we could use these tags to sort the thread by model names, dates, etc. Sometimes, we post older issues of a magazine and it's not easy to look for a particular publications by dates.

- could we add more bz_emoticons? (they are easier to post than the new ones, that are images) Or convert the new ones in the same format as bz's ones.

- I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way of facilitating the picture positioning in a post?

- the search engine fluidity could be improved IMO

- For Model ID, there could be a "box" where the thread poster to fill the name of the ID'ed model. There could also be a tick box saying if there is an ID or not.

Well, those are just random thoughts and I hope they make sense. In any case, thanks :hi_wft:

On 5/3/2019 at 3:15 PM, Enrico_sw said:

@maddog107

Hi, I just saw this thread. I don't know if it's still open for discussions, but here are a couple of thoughts:

- for the periodic magazines/publications in "General babe discussion", it could be good if we could have a tag system with the date (year/month/week) and the model names. Then, we could use these tags to sort the thread by model names, dates, etc. Sometimes, we post older issues of a magazine and it's not easy to look for a particular publications by dates.

- could we add more bz_emoticons? (they are easier to post than the new ones, that are images) Or convert the new ones in the same format as bz's ones.

- I don't know if it's possible, but is there a way of facilitating the picture positioning in a post?

- the search engine fluidity could be improved IMO

- For Model ID, there could be a "box" where the thread poster to fill the name of the ID'ed model. There could also be a tick box saying if there is an ID or not.

Well, those are just random thoughts and I hope they make sense. In any case, thanks :hi_wft:

Thanks for the input. And yes we are still accepting inputs :)

- i'd love more control over how posts are rendered (more control over how images are sized mostly) 

- videos take up way too much real estate, I think they should be the same size as photos (with a play icon rendered on top to show its a video) and then once clicked it'd open up a video player.

- I think search needs to include quoted posts. for example: if a member uploads additional images from a shoot quoting a original post that credited the photographer then only the original post will show up in search; leading to a potential repost when searching the photographers name. 

- i'd also like an option to like posts, although I understand the issues with it encouraging unwanted behaviour. So how about likes aren't public to anyone other than the post author, and no notifications for likes, and no information about the member who liked. Only the post author would be able to see how many likes their post had, and only if they cared to look. I think it would be good to show appreciation to the members who post often.

- it'd also be a nice tool to archive / save posts that you'd want to look back on at a later date. 

- As i've mentioned before, it'd be great to have a image gallery option (where images are indexed after a certain period of time) to help avoid reposts.

-I understand why posts can't be deleted, and I agree with that decision. But what do you think about an alternative 'psuedo' delete, where the post won't actually be deleted but it'll appear collapsed within the thread so any user can still see it by clicking an expand button, it just doesn't take up space. I think it would be a nice way to clean up threads when reposts happen. Or another example; if someone uploads a IG post from a shoot, but then the shoot becomes available in its full resolution then the user can delete (collapse) the previous post since its no longer relevant. 

- post drafts / templates would be nice, quite often users will use a specific format for a post (see my IG posts for example), would be nice to not have to type it out each time. 

Videos take up way too much space in a thread.

We should be able to embed imgur and Reddit links.

50 posts per page rather than 20 in all threads if there won't be any loading issues.

Get rid of the activity feed and redesign the manage followed content with page numbers and icons of the models.

When quoting large posts they should be automatically collapsed with option to expand them.

Thread icons for the non model threads.

Different BZ color scheme layouts.

Bigger signature and avatar space.

- I would like to be able to like a post. I know we tried this last year and some people were using it like a popularity contest, But only liking. It could mean that you thank this person for their contributions. I don't tnink it needs to be anonymous either, but it can. 

- The thread icons. I understand that only mods can change them and that we have had a problem with this before. But I would like if long term members with a certain amount of posts could change them. I post in threads that are not that popular and the thread icon for these are horrible. I would like to be able to change it. 

- Instagram embedding takes forever to load. Maybe upgrade this feature. 

- When there is a lot of pictures on one page, some images don't load. See joined picture. Either upgrade this or limit the number of images per post. 

786991053_Sanstitre1.thumb.png.5d6153894ec4d7fdcbfab2da2ba577ec.png

On 5/8/2019 at 2:08 AM, Stromboli1 said:

50 posts per page rather than 20 in all threads if there won't be any loading issues

But there are issues even with 20. In less updated topics (which most of them are) all the posts on a page are large.

I was a member of a forum that had the option for a member to choose the number of posts per page (I think the options were 20 or 40).

Of course, not all forums have the ability to give that option to the members.

• 2 months later...

- disable embeds (IG embeds are pretty annoying if you're trying to scroll though a thread quickly, especially since its common practise to also upload the image from the post)

- report repost functionality (sends automated message to user saying their post might be a repost so that they can double check it)