Bellazon

A few suggestions for board peace and justice

Memento Mori

Am I an idiot, or wouldn't this make sense?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Am I an idiot, or wouldn't this make sense?

• No, you're an idiot, shut up.
    • Yes, that makes sense.
    • I really don't care, show me boobs.

I'm not a big poster here, this is maybe my 3rd board (in terms of priority and standing). I'm one of the top 10 posters (in terms of volume) on my main board, and a moderator and administrator of my 2nd board. Some of my scans have been posted here and on ChilaX (look for the Patriots symbol), so if you didn't respect my opinion because of my low post count here, well, that's that.

Now, the situation of slamming models and their fans...

I didn't really get involved in the recent Marisa Miller fiasco, but I did throw a few shots towards Adriana Lima (I still have some shrapnel from that one) and that was stupid of me. But looking at the overall situation, I think there's plenty of blame to go around and a couple simple ways to fix it.

First to the blame:

- People throwing around insults

I did this once, but in what I thought was a proper place (The "AAAGH Not Her Again" thread) not in the thread or forum dedicated to the particular model. That's just in very bad taste. It doesn't help that the models defenders are just as incensed and attack the people who disparaged their particular model. The vast majority of the blame rests here.

- The moderators

Locking the Marisa Miller thread was unneccessary, even if it was a temporary measure, because it turns off her fans; giving the impression that the mods are anti-Marisa Miller (whether this is the case or not is unimportant), and the problem is not the thread, but the people above. Also, there were some mods throwing their own weight around in the argument, which as an admin on another board myself, I know is a very very big no-no.

- The administrator

The bannings to me seem arbitrary. There needs to be a clear, stated banning policy that is implemented before the actual bannings take place. It's like the law, you can't create a law, and then charge someone for the commission of said crime before the law was actually on the books. Unless you want to be a forum dictator, which may in the long term hurt membership.

Now the suggestions for board peace and justice:

- People throwing around insults

STOP insulting models or whoever in their own forum, period. There is a thread for this, "AAAGH Not Her Again" - put all your "I'm sick of <x> she's an ugly whore." stuff in there.

- Moderators

Most importantly, don't use your position as a pedestal to shout from, what I mean is, hold your cards close to your chest, don't defend your favorite model or attack someone you don't like, just say, "Your behavior will not be tolerated and your post has been reported to the administrator." or something.

- Administrator

Here's what I suggest regarding a banning policy. Make a universal post about it. Make insulting a model in their own thread a bannable offense, either on first offense or whenever. But completely and totally ignore any such model insults in the "AAAGH Not Her Again." With regards to insulting members, I don't think there can be a blanket rule for that and it should be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

ok time for me to talk...people are free to state their opinion in the models forum...yes i remember you bashing adriana in her forum...when i respond i respond jokingly and in a state of humor...i dont directly bash members. what the marisa fans were doing is bashing the members for stating their opinion...people have stated their opinions in other model threads and people except their opinion but in marisa's thread the marisa fans are going out of line. we admins have made a post that if any members insult another member for stating their opinion then that person will have a warning...if they do it again then the will get banned. we dont mind people stating their opinion in the models forum...we understand that not everyone will like adriana, josie, ana, alessandra, petra, heidi, tyra, marisa. but people know if you bash another member because they stated their opinion then you will get a warning and if you do it again then you will get banned.

I'm staying logged out to post this because I do think that alot of things have been very unfair on this forum lately. I just wanted to say that I agree with you, and you said it perfectly tdpatriots12. I thought it was unfair for certain mods. to allow and practically defend the people going out of their way to go in the marisa thread to insult her, and when a fan tried to efend her the thread would be closed and someone was banned. Thankyou for saying what you did!

again i will say...if a member bashes another member because of their opinion then they will get a warning....if it happens again then that member will get banned....its as simple as that. i cant stand banning members but if im brought to banning members then i will do it....YOU GUYS HAVE TO LEARN TO RESPECT OTHER MEMBERS OPINIONS....YOU CANT BASH A MEMBER IF THEY SPEAK THEIR MIND. THE BASHING HAPPENS ONLY IN MARISA'S THREAD....WE ADMINS AND MODS HAVE AGREED ON WHAT TO DO. WE CANNOT BE A HAPPY COMMUNITY IF WE HAVE MEMBERS BASHING OTHER MEMBERS. IF YOU LOOK AT MY POSTS IN MARISA'S THREAD YOU WILL SEE ME EARLY ON TRYING TO SETTLE THE MATTER BUT IT KEPT ESCALADING...I HAD TO TAKE DRASTIC MEASURES.

These are some good suggestions.

however there is nothing wrong with stating "<<model name>> is ugly".

Stating "anyone who thinks <<model>> is hot is a f*cking retard"is not allowed, though cos that is a personal attack. Get what I'm saying?

These are some good suggestions.

however there is nothing wrong with stating "<<model name>> is ugly".

Stating "anyone who thinks <<model>> is hot is a f*cking retard"is not allowed, though cos that is a personal attack. Get what I'm saying?

yeah, but whats the sense of kicking up dirt in a models' thread? I mean if you look at the Marisa incident, it's a common thing, I can understand why her fans got pissed off. It just promotes model bashing, "They dissed my favorite model so I'm gonna goto their favorite model's thread and bash them! Yay I'm retarded." etc. Why even let it continue.

Note: This is why I'm not in favor of having "threads" for chicks, I like how other message boards do it, where u do posts like this:

"Jessica Alba - 10x Maxim Magazine Scans"

In a generic forum. Seems to limit the insults, cut down on the amount of fanboys in the thread at any time to take offense, etc. But this way is easier to navigate - its a tradeoff I guess.

it's an interesting issue to me. i feel like the memebers have the right to state their opinion but at the same time if their opinion differes fron the rest it automaticly turns into a big scandal. part of the problem is we are all on different maturity levels. there are some who can express in an sophisticated manner without hurting anyones feelings. but not all of us are like that. when i don't like a model and i want to say it i juts simply put"don't like her because of this and this and this" (and that doesn't happen offten.i try to stay neutral) but there are some who come in and shout out things of this sort"are ppl f*ckung blind? she's gorgeous and all of you who disagree should het your eyes checked" and that's when i lose it.

i don't really know why to settle this but i decided for myself that i'm not going to take part in discussions of that kind.