Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

And that's why I like her so much xD:

Behati Prinsloo: The (Slightly More) Attainable Victoria's Secret Model

December 1, 2009 at 6:54PM by Matt Sullivan

A supermodel is a many splendored thing. And, as one colleague who had a chance to meet several of them told me the other day, an occasionally inarticulate one. Also, as another who had not reminded me yesterday, increasingly alien. I mean, supermodel assumes some sort of Kryptonian freakishness, but the splendor is no longer slender. It is buxom and it is intimidating and it is foreign. Long gone is the stringbean off the bus from Kansas, which isn't such a bad thing given body issues and humanity's general lack of, you know, rump — except that supermodels are no longer accessible in the imaginative way a man would wish them to be.

You could blame the entire country of Brazil for this. You could thank it, too. But nowhere has the procession of too-good-to-be-true vixens trampled on the off-the-bus-from-Kansas stringbeans than in the pages of an underwear catalogue for women from Kansas. As a former colleague who flew on a private jet with the too aptly named Angels once wrote: "Victoria's Secret models aren't the forbidden fruit; they're the plastic, decorative kind." Gisele? Makes her alien husband feel right at home. Adriana Lima? Goes to the gym in her sleep. Miranda Kerr? Stop it. And now Candice Swanepoel? Looks like she's a product of a 3D printer.

Out of this statuesque starship, blessedly, comes Behati Prinsloo. I met this supermodel, whom I had never heard of, a couple weeks back immediately after meeting this one and this one, who were in town for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, which is not really a fashion show but nonetheless airs tonight at ten on CBS. This supermodel was twenty years old and spoke articulately and reminded me of Mariel Hemingway in Manhattan and liked Metallica. Sure, she turned out to be a runway veteran and from Namibia and reminded a lot of people of someone because she's in about every fashion ad in every magazine in the world. And Marisa Miller likes good music, too. But she was just real enough to make one think there needn't be a women's underwear catalogue and a primetime special and the entire country of Brazil between man and splendor. So after tonight's other primetime special, flip over to CBS, get distracted, then find this supermodel. She's the one with the freckles who laughs by accident. We're not in Kansas anymore, but it couldn't hurt to pretend.

Source

post-29267-1261732545_thumb.jpg

I met this supermodel, whom I had never heard of
That's an oxymoron. It just proves that Supermodels don't exist anymore, even Gisele or Doutzen haven't reached that level yet.

^BTW - just for those who don't bother to travel back on threads - that wasn't me speaking, it was from an article in Esquire that I'd posted here... :pinch:

I did meet Helena Christensen once though, and I couldn't even speak! post-11221-0-1446067689-94153_thumb.gif

i´ll translate it later...when i have more time.
^Thank you for the video, iceeagel - I look forward to your translation. Yeah, I had posted those Dan Martensen photos a few pages back - but it is nice to have a fellow fan contributing here... :heythere:

Some enterprising soul called S. Gomez took a load of pictures during that VSFS Times Square appearance, and posted a load on his/her Flickr photstream. Here are the Behati ones:

post-11221-0-1446067697-15265_thumb.png

post-11221-0-1446067697-1802_thumb.png

post-11221-0-1446067697-2152_thumb.png

post-11221-0-1446067697-37594_thumb.png