Bellazon

New image gallery literally does not work w FIREFOX. Fix it or revert, please!

slacker

Can I be a grumpy old man for a minute?  I've been a member of this site since before it was called Bellazon, back in the Chillax days.  Those are my credentials to complain like an old man.  The new built-in Bellazon image gallery SUCKS for anyone using Firefox.  It is straight up broken, and even if it did work I would hate it compared to the simple method of displaying large images that existed before it. Fancy image galleries with animations and resizing are annoying af. A simple click bringing up the big image with no bells and whistles other than maybe a forward and back arrow is infinitely better.

I assume the correct behavior is you click on a thumbnail in a post, a separate tab opens, and the image you clicked on is displayed in large size at the correct position in the multiple image gallery (the dreaded "dots").

What happens with Firefox is you click a thumbnail and all you get is the dots and no image, or you get a different image from the one you clicked on.  The forward and back buttons don't work or only rarely work.  When you click a different dot you either get no image at all, or you get a random image flickering for a split second and then presumably the correct image for that dot. Sometimes you have to click the first dot in order to get it to work, but the random image always flickers when going to the next image.

I hate it! And don't ask me to switch to Chrome.  Never going to happen.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, caspervanderzee said:

well, re-using using this post as i have the same issue, but with waterfox

galleries behave just as stated above, and not a single thumbnail loads, all pages are simply blank

Funny enough, my issue using the latest version of Firefox went away a couple of months ago.  Not sure if it was a Firefox update or a forum software update. Edit: the correct image loads in the new tab and clicking the dots loads the correct image, but the fwd and back buttons don't work.  I can live w that.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Chillax, then came here in 2004 under a different name, then made a new account in 2005, so yeah I've been around for a while.

I've left the forum owner know what was going on. Other staff has said they use Firefox and aren't having any issues, myself included, so I have no idea what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

It's working sporadically for me now.  uBlock Origin (adblocker) can interfere with it, but that wasn't the cause of the original issue because I tested it with that disabled, although enabling it now does seem to block the forward/back buttons.  I can live with it the way it's working now.