Bellazon

Dexter

k_dub

You were right Berno. Obviously she is more like Dexter than I thought. She is almost a female version of him. It looks like she actually saved Dexter's life in that last episode. :yes: And now it looks like they found everybody who raped and killed those girls, with her being the only survivor. My question is: after they kill everybody responsible, what's next for Lumen? And what the HELL IS QUINN GONNA DO?! :ermm: Since his relationship with Dex's sister Debra is getting serious, it seems like he wants to call off his cop friend's investigation of Dexter. Problem is, he is the one that set that shit into motion. :whistle: And I'm not sure how he is gonna stop it, cause don't think that guy is gonna stop he can find out everything he can about Dexter, even if Quinn stops paying him. I thought that Quinn is wanna go be the new Doakes. Now it looks like his friend is gonna be. :blink:

And I admit, this show is MIND-BLOWING!!! :shock: I thought the show and this season wasn't gonna be as good because of Rita being dead and Dexter unable to fill that void. Thing is, I forgot about her already.I don't miss her AT ALL!!! :laugh: And about Masuka, the guy is goofy, has that stupid laugh, and is oversexed. The show is so dark, you need some of that comic relief.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another great ending to ANOTHER GREAT SEASON!!! :D :yes: Every season has its twists and it turns, but this season I didn't see most of them coming. Not to mention they totally left it open this time. 1st season was connected to the 2nd season because of the conflict between Dexter and Doakes. It continued on in the 3rd because you knew Dexter was gonna go back to doing what he does, but it was cool to see that it actually looked like he had a friend who knew who he was and respected him. However, he also played by his own rules, so Dex had to put him down. He got married at the end of that season, so you knew the 4th season was gonna be Dexter: Husband-Father-Serial Killer :ermm: We all know what happened to Rita, which leads us to this season.

Since the 4th season was so good, I tried not to have too high hopes for this season, because I thought it was gonna be mostly Dexter dealing with the death of Rita. It did deal with that, plus the fact that the oldest daughter blamed him and didn't wanna live with him anymore. Losing your wife and most of your family: DRAMA. :sleep: However, those writers knew what they were doing, adding great actors like Julia Stiles, Peter Weller, and Johnny Lee Miller into the mix. Quinn, who never Dexter at all, paid his old cop buddy to dig up dirt on Dexter. However, he soon feel in love with Debra, Dexter's sister, and tried to call his friend off, which he couldn't do. Kinda interesting how that wound up, with Dexter killing that guy(in self-defense)and the fact that he saved QUINN'S ASS!!! :yes: The Lumen character played by Stiles was great. I was wondering what she was gonna do after they killed all the men who raped her. What I didn't see coming was Dexter falling in :heart: WITH HER. I get it, though. He took her under his wing, thought her the tricks of the trade, she knew what he was, but didn't see him as a monster. That's why he was so sad to see her go. However, from the interview that Julia Stiles gave after the show, it seemed to leave open the possibility that she might come back. And the Jordan Case character, CLASSIC!!! Johnny Lee Miller might have some Golden Globes and a Emmy in his future. Maybe not the quite the adversary that the Trinity Killer was, but he was close. He figured out that Dexter and Lumen were partners, knew where Lumen was staying until Dexter moved her in with him. That, coupled with the fact that Debra was figuring it out, it was interesting to see who was gonna catch up to him first. Debra arrived too late, and see could have brought her brother and Lumen down, but with the fact that Case got what he deserved, she LET THEM GO!!! :shock: It was shocking to me because she said she would take down the Bay Harbor Butcher(who was Dex) if she got a shot at him, despite he was doing the same thing here, only this time he had a partner, and it was personal for her. At the end, it's all well and ends well, because Dexter completed his mission with Lumen, Debra is happy with Quinn, and Dexter got his family back. :cool:

All in all, another great season, and looking forward to the next.

Nice show. When is the next episode coming?

Dude, season finale was last Sunday. So no more new episodes till next year. Of course, I don't know where you rest your head at night, so the show might come on at a different time in your neck of the woods. If you missed any, go the Showtime on Demand, or you can probably download episodes from some website.

• 5 months later...

I've loved this show from it's inception, I still Love it as much, I own 4 series and got a preview copy of 5 which I have watched, it hasn't been shown on Showtime in the UK yet.

A friend of mine who had seen series 5 told me that Dexter gets caught and arrested, escapes and dies at the end. So I was watching the series expecting the worst, watching through my fingers and fully expecting to cry at the end! But they lied to me... he don't get caught or Die, I was so relieved. I almost cried anyway.

The writers are incredible.

I agree with K Dub - Johnny Lee Millers Charachter was brilliantly acted. I still think Jennifer Carpenter is the best actor in the show, and she plays the best Charachter in Deb, filthy mouth and hillarious with it.

Keep up the good work Showtime!!

I've loved this show from it's inception, I still Love it as much, I own 4 series and got a preview copy of 5 which I have watched, it hasn't been shown on Showtime in the UK yet.

A friend of mine who had seen series 5 told me that Dexter gets caught and arrested, escapes and dies at the end. So I was watching the series expecting the worst, watching through my fingers and fully expecting to cry at the end! But they lied to me... he don't get caught or Die, I was so relieved. I almost cried anyway.

That sucks that your friend told you that, even though it wasn't true. Problem is that it might actually happen. Sounds like he or she read the books. That's why I don't read the True Blood books. I rather be surprised and see what's gonna happen instead of knowing what's going to happen beforehand. They might change it up a little bit when it finally makes it on the small screen, but I believe the writers and producers try to keep it close to the book as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emmy nominations just came out. "Dexter" got 3 nominations, at least as far as I know if the major categories. It is up for Outstanding Drama Series and Michael C. Hall. or course is up again for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. The Emmy voters were obviously impressed with Julia Stiles' performance this past season, as they nominated her for BEST Guest Actress in a Drama series. :D :yes: I'll be rooting for her. :fun: However, Johnny Lee Miller got snubbed in the Best Guest Actor Category. :/ Also, it's kinda ironic that seven women were nominated in Guest Actress Category. Every other category has a total of six. :ermm: So, Julia Stiles gets in, while Johnny Lee Miller misses out. No knock in Julia Stiles. She definitely deserves to be nominated in her category. I just think Johnny Lee Miller's performances should have been acknowledged as well.

In closing, congrats to Dexter and Showtime for their nominations. We will be rooting for you, and Dexter is coming back IN SEPTEMBER!!! :clap::ddr: :dance: :hell yea!: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit, I never was interested in this show before my mom lent it to me to watch. I thought it seemed like a weird concept and I wasn't sure if it would be very good. Now I'm almost done with season 3. I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm trying to watch a few episodes a night so I will hopefully be all caught up by the time the new season starts :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dexter is good this season. However, people seem to be less enthusiastic, which not surprising considering how good some of the previous seasons were. For example, he has no direct adversary here. He had Doakes and his brother in season 1, it continued with Doakes in season 2, and they added Lyla to the mix. Season 3 they threw Miguel Prado in the mix, a prosecutor who later became Dexter's friend and accomplice, and then turned into his enemy. Season 4 he had the Trinity Killer and his adversary. And Season 5 threw a curveball in the mix. He partnered up with Lumen Ann Pierce, a women whose life he had to save after he seen him kill one of the men who gang raped her. He continued to take care of her, and they both down tracked down the men who were responsible. He still had the adversary in Quinn and his former cop buddy.

This season is a little different. Kudos to adding Colin Hanks(son of Tom) and Edward James Olmos into the mix. Dexter is still raising his son, and he briefly made a friend in the character played by rapper/actor Mos Def. The character is a former criminal who did kill somebody, and Dexter was gonna kill him. However, the guy really did turn his life around, preaching to former inmates and even hiring them to work at his auto shop. However, the writers were good enough to add a twist. His dead brother and son of the Trinity killer came BACK INTO THE MIX!!! :shock: His brother took the place of his mentor over his father in the last episode. His brother was a serial killer like him, but he had no code. It seemed like he was gonna lead Dexter down a dark path, turn him into a serial killer who killed just because. :ermm: The Trinity Killer's daughter and wife winded up dead in Nebraska, so Dexter knew that his son was probably the killer. We later found out that his sister committed suicide, and the son killed the mom after blaming them for what their father had become. The son found out that Dexter killed his father and wanted him to kill him as well. In a rare move, Dexter lets him go and tells him that he should forgive himself. As Dexter arrives back in Miami, his father becomes his mentor again. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm eager to see what's gonna happen in the season finale. It's gonna be interesting to see how he is gonna take down the Doomsday killer. Also, it seems that that guy who is Masuka's assistant and dating Dex's baby-sitter and Batista's sister is somewhat of a freak. He obviously bought the hand with the painted nails the previous assistant stole and put on E-Bay for sale, and now is sending it to Dexter. Is he maybe another blood relative of Dexter we don't know about. Maybe another BROTHER OR COUSIN?! It seems like his mom just had him and Brian, but we don't know about his father, and its also possible either parent had a brother or sister. I mean, who else would know that Dexter is connected to the Ice Trick Killer besides Debra and Captain Matthews? This thing between Debra and Dexter is gonna be disturbing. Why did that shrink have to put that idea in her head? She has always been close to Dexter, but the idea of them being romantically involved sounds sick to me. :yuckky: :x Even though they are not brother and sister by blood, they were raised as such, and I hope their relationship doesn't go beyond that.

This season was just OK. :/ However, that season finale was EPIC!!! :fun::clap::ddr: :dance: :hell yea!: :thumbsup::yes: Debra finally came admitted to herself and her therapist that she was in love with Dexter :ermm:, and she is gonna tell him so. I do find it kinda weird that she is in love with her brother, but since they are not related by blood, technically there is nothing wrong with them having a relationship. But the kicker when she saw Dexter:SERIAL KILLER. :o :shock: I guessing she went back to the abandoned church because she knew Dexter was gonna be there because she advised him to clean up that scene, but instead of getting to break the news about her loving him, saw him kill the Doomsday Killer. Since this season dealt with religion and faith, it's only right that Dexter said "OH GOD!!!" when he saw that she witnessed him killing that guy. This leads us to a lot of questions: How will she react to this? Can she still love Dexter after seeing who he truly is? Will she turn him in? How will his co-workers react if they find out? Regardless of the outcome, the writers gave us something to make our mouths water until next season. :drool:

Yeah this season was pretty hit and miss for me, for the first time since i started watching Dexter i wasn't that excited for the season finale.. but damn, i almost had a fit when Deb walked in on him, what an ending! :woot: :woot: Next season is gona be awesome :dance: