Bellazon

Natasha Thomas
Thumbnail

midnight lady

0503ytz5.jpg

Seventeen-year-old Natasha Thomas from Copenhagen/ Denmark well remembers her first performance in front of an audience: "I was in the sixth grade," she recollects. "It was a concert, staged by the music school I went to. I had just changed public schools, because most of my class was bullying me. The concert was held at my old school, and they were there, so I was very nervous. But I knew I just had to get up there and show them. No one was going to scare me off. The song I sang was 'Killing Me Softly'."

Her professional attitude and her determination didn't always make it easy for the young singer. "I had to change schools once because my classmates bullied me," she says. But Natasha didn't give up on her dreams. She found herself a new school and focused on her favourite subjects: music and drama. She took dance and singing lessons and eventually started writing her own lyrics and songs. "I like to write about my own experiences in life. About my feelings and opinions. I find it very therapeutic."

Though Natasha works on her own career at the moment, of course there are popstars, she looks up to. "My favourite singer is Christina Aguilera. I love her voice and her current album 'Stripped'. She has some great songs and lyrics. And I have always looked up to Jennifer Lopez. She seems so sure of herself and always seems to have a good time." It's just natural that Natasha cares about her looks - "I never wear anything random, I