Bellazon

Model Squad

RIP_Cabrini_Green

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Btw what's the point of producing a show for a year (1st epis were about last year vsfs) just to speed release all the epis in a week or so? Am I missing the point? 

Im guessing the ratings aren’t great and they’re just burning the episodes off. 

I haven't  seen more episodes because I've been insanely busy. But Idk if ratings are to blame for all the episodes, it seems like this was always their plan so it matches NYFW and all the girls can promote it and hype it up, especially because it seems like they only filmed a couple of months, i saw the description of all 8 epispdes and i don't even think it goes all the way to Shanina's wedding which was in May. There is no way E! Could have changed their programming schedule so fast after airing just one episose, and they would have just cancelled the whole thing and play more shitty re-runs of the Kartrashians. They also had a ton of viewing parties planned and all the models have been free for every single event MS related and i don't think that's something they can arrange so last minute? 

I agree with Cult. Nadine is something I keep wanting more but because she seems far more laid back than the rest, she doesn’t get the air time? They like the drama between Caroline and Heath in regards to the engagement and they like the drama between Ping and Devon and Ping and Caroline. But at this point I feel like they’ve exhausted the shit out of those dramas and now I would just like to get to know Nadine better, Ashley and Hannah.

but in regards to the drama, I am #TeamPing on all fronts hahahahaha 

I've literally only watched the diversity clip where Devon puts her whole ass foot in her mouth, but Ping is an Icon.

"Oh my god, tiny violin." 

"She said that."

I've liked her since we all got tricked into thinking she would be in the VSFS a few years ago, so I'm happy she's getting more exposure now. #PING4SISE

I look forward to the episodes of Model Squad......but I don't know if it's because I find it interesting or I just want background noise. There may not be a season 2. :(

Ping is starting to annoy me but I don't understand how she has been working for a decade and I never heard of her nor does she ever talk about why VSFS didn't use her when she was cast. Maybe another Asian model took her spot? Anyway, her jealousy towards Devon(not because she is "pretty" but books more) is getting old but I understand how it brings up old scars for. She could find a more powerful outlet....I mean IMG discusses this on panels as well. Models talking to other models about diversity problems is not as powerful as models talking to casting directors and designers like Naomi and Iman. Talking about it on reality TV for ratings/drama isn't going to do anything. 

I would like Megan W. on the show since they always hang out-ish. Sadie can join too. LOL

I'm nearly through episode 3, and even before I've gotten to the diversity stuff she is insufferable. Her comments to all the girls always feel just slightly underhanded/passive aggressive. 

ie) Olivia, her supposed BFFL, books her first ever runway show and is anxious about it and Devon just goes "it'll be fun for everyone else if you fall."