Bellazon

post what style of music yall listen to:

come on yaar

I'm sorry but rock/metal lovers who hate all other forms of music are sadly narrow-minded.

<_<

say whatever you want, that other stuff still sounds like shit imho.

i agree with stu. the reason i don't like rap is the music. the lyrics i don't care about but the 3-note piece of music that rotates in the background gets on my nerves since music is just as important to me as the lyrics. as for country, what's the point in singing in that disturbing texan accent *shudder*. and pop pretty much explains itself, synthesized music with cheesy lyrics over it... no thanks.

trance/dance/techno/electronic music i can stand. i may even like it a bit in fact, same with classical music, i have nothing but respect for it for being able to stand the test of time. i also think that blues is intresting and i love the combination of funk and rock.

Very hard! There's some awesome stuff round London at the moment, but it depends if you're into indie stuff like Secret Machines/Interpol. There are quite a lot of Prodigy clones as well.

As for answering the actual topic, i listen to blues (60's onwards. I'm sorry but record quality wasn't good for poor old Johnson),

jazz (contempary, improvised stuff mainly, plus hot jazz)

rock (nothing too heavy. Led Zep is about as heavy as i get)

Electronica (not Noise)

some dance (early nineties)

folk (older stuff, Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, old Neil Young, you get the picture)

I think that about covers it. I also hate rap. And hip-hop. And Metal (in all its horrific forms). I won't even mention pop.

I'm sorry but rock/metal lovers who hate all other forms of music are sadly narrow-minded.

<_<

say whatever you want, that other stuff still sounds like shit imho.

Ha metal shredder guitarists are so bad. They are so unconfident about playing good sounding notes that they just play anything as fast as they can. Could you imagine all piano players just speedin down the keys every song. Boring. If you anyone want to hear a real guitarist, listen to folk guitarist leo kottke. He blows all metal shredders, and keller williams for that matter, out of the water. Late sixties was the best era of music. You had Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Joe Walsh, John Fogerty.

first off i listen to hendrix alot and my favorite guitarist is stevie ray vaughan, who i think blows any guitarist out of the water, but those are pretty much the only exceptions to the genres i listen to. second not all metal songs are just crazy fast notes. listen to some slower metal songs like pantera's cemetery gates and planet caravan, metallica's fade to black, their instrumental orion or call of ktulu, the list goes on. they play it because it sounds good not because they cant compete with guitarists of different genres. and yes there are some guitarists out there that just sound like random crap but you can say that about every genre. one of those faster songs that i think has probably some of the best guitar riffs would be the four horsemen by metallica (heh old school metallica fan if you haven't figured it out yet;) ). the riffs in that song mimic a horse running i mean you can basically picture what the song is about just off of the guitar riffs. listen to it, its pretty damn good. but anyways, my whole music catelog isnt based off of guitars ;)

i think crap like rap is just mindless babble that rappers shit out and mtv packages it in a wigger-friendly box so the little rich white kid down the street can feel like a cool gangsta badass. it doesnt even sound good or make sense, they freaking make up words to compensate for their shitty vocabulary. i mean fuck thats not even trying anymore. pop is the same thing but minus the rappers and adding a shitload more of mtv prettying up the package. look at ashlee simpson lindsay lohan: absolutely NO TALENT whatsoever, they shouldnt be allowed to touch a microphone yet mtv synthesizes the shit out of them to the point they dont even sound like the same person just to push platinum records out of a hot girl to little teeny boppers. the only reason they are popular is because they are hot and everyone knows it, i mean at least britney spears somewhat had a voice (not really but bear with me for sake of arguement,) nowadays they either a) take some famous person's hot sibling and turns them into a musician regardless of musical talent or B) takes teeny bopper actresses that fat greasy 40 year old perverts drool over and sell it to little kids, while those fat greasey guys download their provacative music videos and mute them which just further boasts their popularity. country is just the same shitty song over and over again and i think the original songs everyone copies suck anyways.

but all of that is my opinion and what do i know anyways

I mostly listen to rock. Mainly Bob Dylan and The Who. I mix in some AC/DC, Grateful Dead, CCR and other for variety, but The Who and Dylan are at least 50% of what I listen to. Moon can drum like no other.

I dislike rap, and most 'new country' but Willie Nelson is a great singer. I like some of his stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Progressive rock (Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson etc.)

Fusion jazz (Mahavishnu Orchestra, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock)

Classic hard rock (Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath)

Modern alternative rock (The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Sparta)

...a little Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer)

Progressive rock (Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson etc.)

Fusion jazz (Mahavishnu Orchestra, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock)

Classic hard rock (Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath)

Modern alternative rock (The Mars Volta, At The Drive-In, Sparta)

...a little Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer)

I think if your gonna listen to metal, Slayer is definately a must. (Y)

• 9 months later...
i think now is the best time for music... you just have to look hard to find the good stuff.

I agree. Too many "classic rock" fans (e.g. the kids who are discovering Led Zeppelin) scream stuff about how "rock is dead" without even thinking about it, when in reality the only new rock they know of is the mainstream shit like Linkin Park, and all the emo/screamo stuff that's on the radio. Trust me, I know, about a year ago I fell right into this group.

My current obsessions:

Prog metal -- Dream Theater, Yngwie Malmsteen

Fusion -- Mahavishnu Orchestra, Brand X

Death metal -- Opeth, Strapping Young Lad (I still only have a few .MP3's... need City and Alien)

Folk/Soft Rock -- Roy Harper, Simon & Garfunkel

I've actually really been enjoying the Eric B. & Rakim song I downloaded. It's great old-school rap from 1987.

I really want Paid In Full

b000005hsr01lzzzzzzz7ie.jpg

Thinkin of a master plan

Cuz ain't nuthin but sweat inside my hand

So I dig into my pocket, all my money is spent

So I dig deeper but still comin up with lint

So I start my mission- leave my residence

Thinkin how could I get some dead presidents

I need money, I used to be a stick-up kid

So I think of all the devious things I did

I used to roll up, this is a hold up, ain't nuthin funny

Stop smiling, be still, don't nuthin move but the money