Bellazon

post what style of music yall listen to:

come on yaar

i think lyrics are meaningless in music.

If you need lyrics to enjoy music, you dont actually like the music, you're just relating the words to an emotion you're feeling or a situation you're going through, might as well read some poetry.

I think it's the music itself that you identify more closely with and its the music that sets a theme and a mood.

Having said that, voice can be just important as music, afterall, bjorks new album is 90% vocal and i love it, it's probably stronger.

I guess this is all loosely related to why i hate pop punk, hip hop and commercial rock, all they do is sell emotions and people think WOW, I really relate to what they're about, and it's all bullshit.... well thats just what i think.

i think lyrics are meaningless in music.

If you need lyrics to enjoy music, you dont actually like the music, you're just relating the words to an emotion you're feeling or a situation you're going through, might as well read some poetry.

I think it's the music itself that you identify more closely with and its the music that sets a theme and a mood.

Having said that, voice can be just important as music, afterall, bjorks new album is 90% vocal and i love it, it's probably stronger.

I guess this is all loosely related to why i hate pop punk, hip hop and commercial rock, all they do is sell emotions and people think WOW, I really relate to what they're about, and it's all bullshit.... well thats just what i think.

I agree mostly, but I think lyrics aren't completely meaningless. The fact is most people don't understand much about music when it comes to rhythm, chords, contrapunct etc. People understand semantic messages much better, hence they try to sell us music dominated by lyrics.

Medulla is perhaps Björk's best album so far...

P.S. I was not trying to sound superior, I am superior! :evil: Sorry about that. :/

I agree mostly, but I think lyrics aren't completely meaningless. The fact is most people don't understand much about music when it comes to rhythm, chords, contrapunct etc. People understand semantic messages much better, hence they try to sell us music dominated by lyrics.  

Medulla is perhaps Björk's best album so far...

P.S. I was not trying to sound superior, I am superior!  :evil: Sorry about that.  :/

lets be friends :fun:

rap and hip hop is my first love but i also love rock just as much...hence why i love my gibson guitar but im very open to world music as well and all types of music out there....to tell you the truth modern music is not as good as the 70's rock in my opinion

I'm sorry but rock/metal lovers who hate all other forms of music are sadly narrow-minded.

<_<

say whatever you want, that other stuff still sounds like shit imho.

Ha metal shredder guitarists are so bad. They are so unconfident about playing good sounding notes that they just play anything as fast as they can. Could you imagine all piano players just speedin down the keys every song. Boring. If you anyone want to hear a real guitarist, listen to folk guitarist leo kottke. He blows all metal shredders, and keller williams for that matter, out of the water. Late sixties was the best era of music. You had Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, Page, Hendrix, Joe Walsh, John Fogerty. I listen to all those guys as well as some jam bands, like moe. Also into blues, the North Mississippi All Stars are awesome, as is R.L. Burnside and Robert Randolph. On the bluegrass side, Leftover salmon and Bela Fleck bludgeon buttcheeks. Anything but rap. LOATHE rap. As well as country. Toby keith is such an assclown.