Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the discussion, but why can’t we talk about Lameka, Lais, Jas, etc. as individuals without pitting one down if we prefer the other? I mean, we don’t have this same energy with, let’s say, Alexina and the other *cough* more privileged *cough* angels.

12 minutes ago, naomi said:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the discussion, but why can’t we talk about Lameka, Lais, Jas, etc. as individuals without pitting one down if we prefer the other? I mean, we don’t have this same energy with, let’s say, Alexina and the other *cough* more privileged *cough* angels.

The way of the industry made it this way to use "tokens" and people def. complained about Alexina only being there because of her red hair and made suggestions of other better looking red heads. 

3 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

The way of the industry made it this way to use "tokens" and people def. complained about Alexina only being there because of her red haired and made suggestions of other better looking red head. 

I understand this, but the conversation only feeds more into VS and their history of tokenism with the mindset that Jas or Lais should be replaced in order to add another black angel into the lineup, same goes with any other comparison between other models that might’ve been discussed. (This isn’t to say there should be even more Angels than we already have 😳 But I see someone like Stella much more easily replaceable, whether with a model of color or not, especially with Stella having a great career outside VS. Pretty obvious why other members automatically jump to comparing Lais and Jas vs. Lameka etc.)

My personal opinion that absolutely no one asked for is, I don’t want Lameka as an Angel nor do I want neither Lais or Jasmine to be replaced.

4 minutes ago, naomi said:

I understand this, but the conversation only feeds more into VS and their history of tokenism with the mindset that Jas or Lais should be replaced in order to add another black angel into the lineup, same goes with any other comparison between other models that might’ve been discussed. (This isn’t to say there should be even more Angels than we already have 😳 But I see someone like Stella much more easily replaceable, whether with a model of color or not, especially with Stella having a great career outside VS. Pretty obvious why other members automatically jump to comparing Lais and Jas vs. Lameka etc.)

My personal opinion that absolutely no one asked for is, I don’t want Lameka as an Angel nor do I want neither Lais or Jasmine to be replaced.

I always forget about Stella. They are not really using Jasmine so she may very well be replaced. I rather her be replaced with another model of color then having them add....another blonde. I never understood why Joan Smalls was never "bigger" in the VS brand when she did shoot with them often in the past....she is closet to Tyra as it gets when it comes to personality/some commercial success and also has scoliosis....plus she's afro-latina(yes, I am aware of colorism in latin/hispanic culture).

11 minutes ago, conjab2013 said:

:rofl: 

I was never aware of her before. But from the conversations here, it seems like she is an incredible model. Still, I can never take her seriously because of that name. 

Well Thot is actually her last name (I believe it’s Nuer tribe native to South Sudan) and Nyadak is her actual first name but since ignorant whites couldn’t pronounce it, her teachers called her Duckie instead lol

1 hour ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I always forget about Stella. They are not really using Jasmine so she may very well be replaced. I rather her be replaced with another model of color then having them add....another blonde. I never understood why Joan Smalls was never "bigger" in the VS brand when she did shoot with them often in the past....she is closet to Tyra as it gets when it comes to personality/some commercial success and also has scoliosis....plus she's afro-latina(yes, I am aware of colorism in latin/hispanic culture).

Agreed. I always believed when they introduced the 10 Angels it’s shouldve been Lais and Joan. No disrespect to Jasmine but Joan has such amazing presence on and off the runway and would’ve made a perfect Angel...her resume is superb but I doubt she would’ve wanted to be held back by VS. She’s one of the most successful models of color in the industry. What I find interesting about Jasmine is that she’s probably the only black model...well, model of color that has NEVER spoken about the issues models of color face in the industry compared to other models. Unless she doesn’t experience them herself or something but that always caught my attention 

2 hours ago, naomi said:

Ofc we do. Pitting blondes our brunettes against each other is common af. Not everything is sjw matters :sleeping:

At the end of the day, all this talk about Lameka possibly replacing Jas or Lais is pure speculation on everyone's part. VS seems to be trying to find a spot for her, and we don't really know what might come out of it. She could easily end like Vita, cast aside for the next girl and no longer relevant for the brand. Some contracts are probably ending next year, and they're trying to decide who to keep and who's leaving, and perhaps discussing adding new girls, but until that happens, no one is replacing anyone. Also, they aren't replaceable. Every girl brings something to the table, even the ones we barely see or dislike. 

For me Lameka will not replace anyone because she doesn't have the level to be an angel. She doesn't have the charisma, the glamor and the body to reach this level.

However, I think that nowadays diversity is an obligation for a brand like VS, their last two choices of FB is an example.  I remember a lot saying here that it was impossible to see two women of colors succeed one another for the FB

I think that in the future the next groups of angels will be even more diversified than now. So I don't see them just doing replacements but adding diversity to the ones that already exist. I think the profile of the young blonde woman is going to be less domineering. But diversity isn't just about skin color.

6 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

At the end of the day, all this talk about Lameka possibly replacing Jas or Lais is pure speculation on everyone's part. VS seems to be trying to find a spot for her, and we don't really know what might come out of it. She could easily end like Vita, cast aside for the next girl and no longer relevant for the brand. Some contracts are probably ending next year, and they're trying to decide who to keep and who's leaving, and perhaps discussing adding new girls, but until that happens, no one is replacing anyone. Also, they aren't replaceable. Every girl brings something to the table, even the ones we barely see or dislike. 

Everyone is replaceable, let's be honest here. If they wanted to get rid of five angels and bring five new girls, they would do it in a heartbeat. This is a business, not an actual family.

With that being said, VS seems ok with the girls they have right now, I don't think anyone is being getting dropped in the next two years.

4 minutes ago, DonSimon said:

okay I don't wanna push this Lorena hype too much to the point everyone here will hate her here but I need the Q&A vid. I saw Sadie's and was surprisingly dumbfounded how she was engaged in listening to rap music that kinda make me like her a bit. :idk:

Yes, I would have never guessed that this is her favourite song: