Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

7 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

People don't want to go shopping anymore, why go out when you can do it from the comfort of your own home, or while killing time on the bus or subway.

I haven't been grocery shopping in almost a year :rofl: and going to the mall. OMEGALUL

Amazon.com for all your shopping needs. 2 day shipping, 5% cash back. Hell yeah >  Long lines, people, talking people, PEOPLE, leaving house.

11 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Also closing store fronts isn't as detrimental or alarming as some might think. A lot of sales are moving towards online as it's cheaper for the company and online sales are generally increasing across the board for most companies. People don't want to go shopping anymore, why go out when you can do it from the comfort of your own home, or while killing time on the bus or subway.

When it comes to B&M (Brick and Mortar) it is a little alarming esp since all they sell is lingerie/beauty. The whole purpose of the brand was to allow men to shop for lingerie without feeling shamed/uncomfortable. (We all know the story and re-vamp of the brand when it was purchased back in the day). If they resort to focusing more on e-commerce while more B&M stores close down.......then it is "over" because there are way more competitors with better quality/products. The wave of insta-stores and e-commerce stores created steep competition. 

ie; Macy's. Retail bankruptcy will hurt the brand's equity no matter which way someone puts it. 

Just now, phang.s said:

The thing is even though they're attempting to target teens and young adults they're doing a terrible job of it. It's still not ~cool to own VS at that age like it once was. Millennials are also extremely difficult to tap into so if they can't even perfect a strategy for teens, idk how they'd get the older adults. It also all comes down to their shitty products. 

Espcially when a lot of  "adults" are wearing PINK gear :laugh:

18 minutes ago, phang.s said:

The thing is even though they're attempting to target teens and young adults they're doing a terrible job of it. It's still not ~cool to own VS at that age like it once was. Millennials are also extremely difficult to tap into so if they can't even perfect a strategy for teens, idk how they'd get the older adults. It also all comes down to their shitty products. 

TRUE. After 17, I considered myself VS and refused to shop at Pink. LOL I never seen anyone in Uni with Pink. Ever. Maybe because I went to a private university obsessed with luxury but VS was never mentioned in any of the marketing or design courses I took and was never brought up in any conversation. Todd Thomas was my professor and never spoke about VS to the class. 

Now, in my mid-twenties I want Agent Provocateur style sexy. A larger group of young millennials want to be sexy and not cute. Everyone else "wants" and I use that world loosely.....Aerie when it comes to "diversity."

They should re-do their "customer journey" inside and outside the retail experience to start exploring the evolution and individual life "trends" inside their "customer profiles."

19 minutes ago, phang.s said:

It's because they wont clean house, which is why I'd prefer another steep decline in viewership. Maybe that would finally prompt some major cuts. 

I said this in the past and I am secretly hoping for it to be a disaster.....but only to provoke good change.  Sorry, to the models involved. It's not y'all fault. But IDK how they will pull of something great with a low budget. 

People in VS view these threads so I am sure someone is "listening" but just waiting for someone to exit.

9 minutes ago, Sanni said:

VS does need to have physical stores because so much of the brand is in the shopping experience and fantasy like buying with an “Angel card” to make you feel like you are an Angel too.

They are lies VS tells people like how every year they say the show is the "biggest" yet :laugh:

9 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

They should re-do their "customer journey" inside and outside the retail experience to start exploring the evolution and individual life "trends" inside their "customer profiles."

At one point VS tried to be on the organic trend with some lotions etc. but I dunno if they dropped that. The line was pretty pricey compared to the rest of their product line and I guess it’s just not all that believable. If you want to shop organic skincare, then you are probably gonna go to a brand that has that as their whole philosophy.

Just now, Sanni said:

At one point VS tried to be on the organic trend with some lotions etc. but I dunno if they dropped that. The line was pretty pricey compared to the rest of their product line and I guess it’s just not all that believable. If you want to shop organic skincare, then you are probably gonna go to a brand that has that as their whole philosophy.

They had some breast enlargement and skin tightening lotions...and one for the bum last year. I believe they all had bad reviews. 

And true, I wouldn't buy skincare/perfume products from VS when I have more variety and better quality options now....Like VS....why would anyone shop for organic skin care at your brand when we have Tata Harper.

3 hours ago, Thegrapevine said:

Based on the video that VS post, Jo will open the show or maybe got something pretty big, because they put only on her head an aura and they really focus the video on her pictures 

I’m being dense, because I’m lost about the video you speak of. 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:29 PM, DULOVEMEDO said:

The only VS angels I seen on the runway during NYFW were Taylor and Lily. The rest were at exhibits affiliated with VS.

Are you referring to the latest NYFW which wasn't even done by the time of your comment? Because it obviously takes more than just looking at this season (which just started) to know that the NA have much more freedom to do other jobs than former Angels.

I used to be an avid shopper in VS. Had a bad day? I went to VS and shopped. My friends used to make fun of me because I was always buying underwear or something from the beauty line. I've been collecting their perfume bottles for years because I love them and still have them displayed. I am even a Angel card holder, lost my forever angel status becaaauuuseeee I stopped shopping there.

I'm 33 now. I've loved VS since I was a teenager and Alessandra was the first Angel I loved. In my early 20's it was VS all the time with me. I even decorated my dorm room door with the damn pink tissue from shopping there so much. I can honestly tell you why I stopped shopping there...the bralette line. It was too much for me and the whole festival scene and targeting to younger people. I was done. The sex appeal was completely lost for me and I lost interest. That quickly.

I forgot where I was going with this, there was a point, I swear. 

VS tried reaching out to millennials and are obsiouslh failing...I mean look at the shitty Avril Lavigne circa 2002 designs they’re putting on their products and clothing? it’s literally embarrassing. They got rid of the catalogues, swim etc and just continue to make MANY terrible marketing decisions and don’t get me started on the show. The brand will file for bankruptcy very soon in the near future if they refuse to reach to a wider demographic and become more inclusive. 

7 hours ago, gotportugal said:

wow Lorena is walking

Excited for you Pretty!

Thank you! I just need a picture of Lo and Taylor together 😍

I'm actually pretty excited about the majority of new models this year.

Behati Prinsloo - (if she's walking)
Candice Swanepoel
Lais Riberio
Romee Strijd
Sara Sampaio
Taylor Hill
Grace Elizabeth
Frida Aasen - (not actually a fan of her looks, but last year she was a standout for me... however that could be because I liked her outfit, so maybe the outfit caught my eye? We'll see)
Georgia Fowler
Gizele Oliveira
Leomie Anderson
Megan Williams
Nadine Leopold
Alannah Walton
Cheyenne Maya
Duckie Thot  - Her last name alone makes her amazing, I wonder if she knows it's a meme and it means Ho... :rofl: 

Josie Canseco
Kelsey Merritt
Lorena Rae
Maia Cotton
Melie Tiacoh
Myrthe Bolt
Sadie Newman - Fingers crossed for the best, but could also be a giant shit-show and who doesn't love that.
Sofie Rovenstine 
Willow Hand
Yasmin Wijnaldum

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

I agree with this, I would love Jasmine or Lais to open the show. I think that from the NA they + Elsa have the best walks, but since Elsa opened already then I'd love it to be one of them, it's also LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG overdue to have a WOC open the show tbh.

I can’t believe after 23 years of the VSFS we have yet had a model of color open, that’s just ridiculous. Especially since at their prime they had Tyra who was literally the most profilic Angel who put VS on the radar...hell, even Naomi Campbell could’ve opened, even though she was never an Angel, back then in their prime during the 90s to early 00s they let regular models open the show.   

21 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

VS tried reaching out to millennials and are obsiouslh failing...I mean look at the shitty Avril Lavigne circa 2002 designs they’re putting on their products and clothing? it’s literally embarrassing. They got rid of the catalogues, swim etc and just continue to make MANY terrible marketing decisions and don’t get me started on the show. The brand will file for bankruptcy very soon in the near future if they refuse to reach to a wider demographic and become more inclusive. 

A big problem is that the brand is based on promoting one narrow and in many cases highly unrealistic type as the most beautiful and something that everyone should aspire to be. The message that only about a 100 women in the whole world could walk in the VSFS is the antithesis of the current trend, which is to celebrate diversity. They even bashed Kate Upton and then not that long after she was booking Vogue covers. So even Vogue was admitting what was going on (as they should to…. keep being in vogue.)

VS could still hold onto the whole supermodel concept but hide the uniform nature of it better. I mean, these types of ads looked like joke ads made to poke fun at VS so clearly, they have been out of touch for a long time and unwilling to change even a tiny bit:

030110-Victoria-Secret-623.jpg?itok=P2Z_

Those bodies are indistinguishable to average shoppers.

VS needed to observe sooner the trends shifting towards women e.g. wanting bigger butts, to be curvy, and looking to get a slim thick body at the gym.

In conclusion: VS creative team sucks and the marketing team also sucks. Honorable mention to whoever does the photoshop on the pictures, the social media team and most of the products quality sucks as well.

Did I got it right? I think I did. Thank you for coming to our collective ted talk.

20 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

In conclusion: VS creative team sucks and the marketing team also sucks. Honorable mention to whoever does the photoshop on the pictures, the social media team and most of the products quality sucks as well.

Did I got it right? I think I did. Thank you for coming to our collective ted talk.

So basically nothing is good. Sounds about right.