Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Grace B has the sex appeal of a 15 year old going to a Katy Perry concert. Idk how she was casted again. 

Ignore the vent

(I already know I’m gonna have people skeptical for this comment on here idc) but the industry (not so much VS as they just choose who the industry puts on) really does not like variation when it comes to black girls. They will only put you on if you are very dark skinned and bald/mini fro (not a medium or big one oh they would never allow that) or mixed with a big super curly fro. I mean why are half of the fully black girls bald? There’s not one bald white girl lol Maybe it’s cause I’m black I notice when they do subtle shit like this.

1 minute ago, phang.s said:

Grace B has the sex appeal of a 15 year old going to a Katy Perry concert. Idk how she was casted again. 

Ignore the vent

(I already know I’m gonna have people skeptical for this comment on here idc) but the industry (not so much VS as they just choose who the industry puts on) really does not like variation when it comes to black girls. They will only put you on if you are very dark skinned and bald/mini fro (not a medium or big one oh they would never allow that) or mixed with a big super curly fro. I mean why are half of the fully black girls bald? There’s not one bald white girl lol Maybe it’s cause I’m black I notice when they do subtle shit like this.

I agree. I'm not black so I don't want to speak up about something that doesn't partain me, but I got upset about Riley Montana not getting it, who tried a bunch of years and didn't get it once, but then they take on all the models with the really short hair only. Not super fair for the rest. So I'm worried about Duckie :0 

2 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Ignore the vent

It is like a sub saharan fetish.......that I do not understand. There are so many beautiful African women to choose with varied looks and color range from that massive continent but fashion believes in the "extremes."

10 minutes ago, VSBODY said:

I agree. I'm not black so I don't want to speak up about something that doesn't partain me, but I got upset about Riley Montana not getting it, who tried a bunch of years and didn't get it once, but then they take on all the models with the really short hair only. Not super fair for the rest. So I'm worried about Duckie :0 

10 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

It is like a sub saharan fetish.......that I do not understand. There are so many beautiful African women to choose with varied looks and color range from that massive continent but fashion believes in the "extremes."

Alright I’m just glad other people notice this. It’s like they can only be considered high fashion if they have that look, but I digress  

53 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Ignore the vent

I’m black too and I TOTALLY get what you mean. If we don’t fit in the tiny space they give us then you might as well forget about being represented. We don’t all fit in a box, we look different as well.. /rant

Estelle Chen and Jourdana Elizabeth need to stop walking. Neither are memorable models. Maggie Laine should have whatever spokesperson contract retracted. 

I am amped to see Kelsey, Mayowa, and Yasmin Wijnaldum. I am content with Cheyenne, Lorena, Maia C (definitely someone to build up), Melie T, and Myrthe B. Beyond excited for the returns of Barbara Palvin and Shanina Shaik! I'm keeping an open mind for Alannah, Isilda, Josie, Sofie R, and Subah. 

Conversely, Winnie Harlow is a nasty girl and deserves none of the recognition she has accumulated. Sadie needs to quit while she's ahead and stop pretending like her career elevated her to this platform. Sara is the vehicle that allowed her to walk the show. Not really a fan of Iesha. Her announcement was cute tho. 

52 models is insane. Still holding out hope for Blanca, Duckie, Kate G, and Toni. Would've loved to have seen Julia B, Kate Li, and Riley. 

8 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

CARDI B ATTACKS NICKI MINAJ .... Hurls Shoe at Mortal Enemy!!!

I guess Cards isn't performing at VSFS. LOL Looks like Ariana may be out because of Mac Miller. 

I really don't know what to make of this year's show. 

Musicwise I'd go young, female and attractive (Dua Lipa, Halsey etc). At least then there's not some annoying dude in the background ruining it when my favorite angels are strutting their stuff.