Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

18 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I must say...after this year’s show, I’m complrely sold on The Struts, I had my doubts when they announced the performers but they absolutely killed it this year!! and their music is really good! I can’t get “In Love With A Camera” out of my head :hang: I really hope they return again in the future (if VSFS is still airing that is lmao)

Same same SAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE omg they're amazing and I can't believe they didn't even perform 'Primadonna like me' all their songs are amazing and ubeat and literally so perfect for VS it's crazy omg. And celestial was so amazing I wish they did 2 segements

10 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

+2. I rather see actual trans MODELS not some IG trans thot blowup doll Kardashian lookalike but legit models like Valentina Sampaio or Leyna Bloom, they’re absolutely gorgeous! 

6465F1A1-FFBC-4443-A3C0-6BF31ABAFB4B.jpeg 3DEF4C4F-61D4-487B-9176-4275A79813B9.jpeg

Valentina is so stunning

1 hour ago, PastaFreak said:

Just curious, but did anyone notice that Maggie Laine nearly slipped and fell while she was walking in PINK? Or is it just my eyes deceiving me? You can see a slight misstep from 3:30 - 3:33

I think she almost stepped on the cap but missed it in time, but if she didn't she probably would have tripped! :pinch: 

2 hours ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

I think the issue is the show’s entire concept is outdated. They can only pull in numbers if they have a big musical act but they can’t afford that lol

I think the issue is: it doesn't matter if they have 10 musical acts if 90% of the songs are boring af

I’m  just gotta say this, it’s so sad that models are so mediocre these days that Yasmin’s power strut was deemed too extra. Maybe your limping faves should take a page from her playbook and put on an actual show instead.

And I have to add too that I hope VS never hires a plus sized or trans model, let them stay pressed, VS isn’t the only brand out there, so go to the others instead. I understand how Ed’s remarks are problematic but since VS is an easy target because  of their popularity, they know that’s the only way their SJW complaints can reach the masses.

Also, I was just on youtube and VS has already garnered millions for each segment of the show. I know they’ve reached their peak since (2005-2010ish) but boy do I wish I could flop like this.

About the actual show, I’m not a Barbra P fan but seeing her emotional when she got the show welled me up. And she had more screen time than most of the girls.

Lais’ opening segment was the best moment of this year’s show. From the outfit, to the music and her strut could fit right in the 2005 show. She’s  grown on me a lot.

Sorry but Elsa’s face looked confused to me, sad to see her do that to her face.

About Behati, I think she’s cool but I didn’t see the  “energy” she brought to the show? 

Candice was great too, great walk nice smile but I think this is the first time I’m actually gonna take the rumors of her having a problem with Adriana seriously. I mean, I guess she’s not obligated to wish her farewell but the fact that she didn’t make a post or comment stuck out like a sore thumb, also her fake cheering and clapping for her was just too obvious. She now reminds me of people who can’t be friends with you if they’re more successful than them.

This is probably the last show I’ll make time to watch because Adriana is now gone (good luck to them) and the show has gotten to such a comical state that even my friends who know nothing about the show were complaining about how they couldn’t even see the girls walking. I’m tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt every year  regarding them giving the public what it wants vs. what they think it wants.

3 hours ago, Corner said:

Candice was great too, great walk nice smile but I think this is the first time I’m actually gonna take the rumors of her having a problem with Adriana seriously. I mean, I guess she’s not obligated to wish her farewell but the fact that she didn’t make a post or comment stuck out like a sore thumb, also her fake cheering and clapping for her was just too obvious. She now reminds me of people who can’t be friends with you if they’re more successful than them.

Candice commented on Adriana’s post in Portuguese about that she will be the forever queen of VS.

Okay, I'm late for the party, but finally watching the show, so these are my random opinions nobody asked for

First segment: bored me to death. I'm sorry but only yasmin walk saved the low energy of the segment. I don't understand why VS got a plaid-theme but used a freaking tone of colours in it. Looked cheap on most outfits (not on kendall's of course).  Very good editing for Taylor opening.

Second segment: like the colors, and the music, good vibes. I don't know what is this segment about, but is nice to see. Why is Barbara F. getting that hell of good editing? Girl got the best screen time for sure in. Almos the same with the other barbara. Stella is kind of dead inside? Lorena  and Sofie were super cute.

Loved the Adriana segment. Good song choice, hehe.

Third: Martha looked phenomenal! OH MY FRIDA !! Kelly!!! Alanna!! Gizelle! (was that an actually good line up?)  Too much Winnie and Devon for my taste. Flights or Fantasy??? is aesthetically pleasant and kind of sexy???(i'm surprised, yes) so I enjoyed it. Even Halsey was okay.  Those Elsa's booty shots, unexpected but appreciated. She smiled too much for my taste.

Casting segment was so emotional!! always hated when they gave so much screen time to girls who didn't make it. Much enjoyable to see girls cry of happiness. Barbara was the cutest and Duckie :rofl: love her.

Pink was okay, first 4-5 girls were amazing! who was the girl after willow? she better replace grace, that's the kind of energy pink needs. I'm sorry but, i can't see grace anymore as pink spokesperson, too mature/hf for the job already.

I bet Jo was prayin for that awul wings to broke before  MK. Yasmin slays as usual. Gigi looked miserable (i feel you sis).  Everything is BAD. Poor ducke, poor leomie. I got bored again. Shawn is cute, but everything is boring and awful.

another fitness segment. Nothing I didn't see on IG for the last two months. NEXT.

Down Town was black, heaven for my eyes after MK. Stella looked like a horrified bambi before opening. Every outfit is the same? Lameka is black panther.  Georgia is fun, the black girl who danced at the end of the runway in a white outfit lighted my day. T-shirts, hoodies & adam levine. Thanks for nothing, VS. Bella got good editing. Oh my god, Martha, why the trash wings?  Rita Ora bores me to death. What a lame song.

YAY THE STRUTS YAAAY. Lais is a GODDESS but the editing was pretty unfair to her. Timing with the song was in point to Candice entrace; strong moment, camera movements, they could have done that to Lais, she was the opener... Everything is sexy now, thanks god, 40 minutes waiting for this. Wow Candice! Taylor just after her, bad move. See Romee open next year and NAIL IT, she was great! Everyone is good in this segment, all girls are sexy and playful without extra poses (not you kendull sorry) Oohhh Adriana :heart::heart:

In general: better editing? (not difficult) tHANK YOU FOR THE STRUTS. The girls were nice, good casting but bad outfits, boring atmosphere, not sultry, not sexy, not exiting. Except for the final segment and the adriana thing. I think most of girls did awkward poses at the end of the runway; too much was going one (kisses, arms, hair, winks, move left, move right...) but I blame VS for not asking them to be elegant and sexy, and knowing that less is more. 

4 hours ago, Corner said:

I’m  just gotta say this, it’s so sad that models are so mediocre these days that Yasmin’s power strut was deemed too extra. Maybe your limping faves should take a page from her playbook and put on an actual show instead.

This is probably the last show I’ll make time to watch because Adriana is now gone (good luck to them) and the show has gotten to such a comical state that even my friends who know nothing about the show were complaining about how they couldn’t even see the girls walking. I’m tired of giving them the benefit of the doubt every year  regarding them giving the public what it wants vs. what they think it wants.

I was trying to figure out why I stopped watching the show for more than a decade but between BZ/IG and the angel line up. I understand why it's failing to garner any interest whatsoever even with "tits and ass" (I use this word lightly) on the runway. There were no mentions of the show on any day time television shows ...and even the evening ones or at-least next to none.. Someone mentioned most of the the day time/evening time shows are on "break" during this time which is a lie. Just nothing but excuses and delusions. 😂

Sorry but Elsa’s face looked confused to me, sad to see her do that to her face.

I have a cousin like this. "Supportive" and competitive all at the same time. I had to remove her completely because she was becoming so damn toxic. For Candice, it was an end to the frenemy era for her and Adriana. :rofl: It's pretty obvious they are not friends but professional. No love lost. 

As for Elsa's face...I think her and Bella are overdoing it now...esp Bella. Candice should also go easy with it now as well...I noticed her face was a little off last show with this new surgeon/dermatologist she goes too.....but she may still be very exhausted and it is messing up her results.

1 hour ago, Dipit said:

-insert comment about how you’ll never watch it again here-

See you next year.

See you in spirit. LOL

You gotta give it to the Pinoys for hyping up Kelsey to the Heavens and back

I hope they don't get too heartbroken when they realize the difference between being a VS Model and Angel, and that she isn't going to be the first Asian angel like they hoped for 🤡

15 hours ago, nhlovesadri said:

Uncut Adriana tribute section, wiht also her returning back walk

That was great to see. :D

Thank you for posting that. It was nice seeing the unedited full walk, so many of the girls should use her for inspiration for their walks. 

So, I finally decided to watch.
The sisterhood strong women talk felt a little rehearsed but after all why not.

Taylor's opening was really bad, slow walk with no energy but to her defense, the music was slow and with no energy too, so... Anyway, I really disliked the outfits, way too much capes and I really disliked those prints, and I felt a big disconnect between the energy of the backstage footage and how dull the runway was.

Golden angels, of course I loved Candice. Barbara also stood out for me, her body looked fantastic. On the contrary, Romee was too skinny IMO.

Adriana's segment was very emotional, up until that girl in front of the TV started screaming. Way to ruin the moment with over the top hysterics.

Flights of Fancy segment had the best outfits so far, the stage looked nice.

The casting bit, well girls are excited when they get confirmed, good for them. I felt a little something for Barbara, and for that girl talking to her mom, for the rest, I didn't care for the screaming.

Pink is usually a segment I dislike, here the theme was fine, I guess. And I realised while watching that other than Grace, I really had no clue who all of these girls were. I guess I'm getting old.

Mary Katrantzou, I have to say those prints are a little bit too much for my taste, and I'm not a big fan of the parachute wings.

Train like an angel, well it was entertaining enough.

The "sport" segment was fine, although I'm not a big fan of those white stripes with brand names everyhere.

Celestial Angel had probably the best outfits but the finale felt a little rushed.

So in general, the music is still bad, just like it has been for years now, and sometimes even if the song is nice, it doesn't fit with the runway. Every segment feels like the artist is giving their performance and the models are the extras. The artist begins and ends the segment, the models are just there as backup dancers. Note that when they did the goodbye Adriana bit, she was alone on the stage, she didn't have to share it with anyone, because it was all about her. Of course some girls still killed it on the runway but there was little space for them to shine. I suppose that's why I struggled feeling excited for the girls in the casting segment. Is it really an amazing super wonderful one in a lifetime opportunity to be in that show ? I don't know anymore.

12 hours ago, Polqu said:

who was the girl after willow? she better replace grace, that's the kind of energy pink needs.

Myrthe Bolt, I loved her enthusiasm too.

After some more watching, I have decided that all segments bar Glam Royale and that Mary K nonsense were pretty good, I even like the music in them, even though I am so not familiar with mainstream music of today. Pink didn't have so many eyesore outfits as usual, Myrthe, Willow and Maggie were great in its end and Grace in the beginning. Golden Angels is the best segment in years, Flights of Fancy was impressive but they have done the white outfits theme so many times already, Downtown Angels would have been much better without the VS sport eyesores and Stella's makeup looking so ugly in that lighting for some reason (compared to how she looked in the other segment). Celestial Angels - rock music + lots of Angels = win.