Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

17 minutes ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

I think the point is that when Ed said it he was dismissive and rude about the rest of the industry which has clearly advanced and trans and plus size models who are now included. He showed himself to be an out of touch dinosaur and has now made the company seem synonymous with it - he needs to go not the ceo 

I don’t agre with you when you say the rest of the industry has advanced that much. You go to Europe and there absolutely no plus sizes in their shows, and in ny you have Ashley graham in one show or another, so that can brands can call them selves inclusive just to sell! When it comes to transgender fashion has always been the most included to the lgbt comunity, but let’s be honest there’s not a lot of transgender models that have been killing it that would fit vs. 

and the same with plus size girls, there are few plus size models that made it big enough for VS,  you have Ashley but she keep bashing vs, so why would Vs hire her? And iskra, but I’m sure her contract with aire doesn’t even aloud her to walk vs. 

edit: plus I don’t see people bashing intimissimi or la perla for not using plus size girls or transgender. But hey it’s a lot more fun and give more publicity to bash vs

17 minutes ago, star2011 said:

I don’t agre with you when you say the rest of the industry has advanced that much. You go to Europe and there absolutely no plus sizes in their shows, and in ny you have Ashley graham in one show or another, so that can brands can call them selves inclusive just to sell! When it comes to transgender fashion has always been the most included to the lgbt comunity, but let’s be honest there’s not a lot of transgender models that have been killing it that would fit vs. 

and the same with plus size girls, there are few plus size models that made it big enough for VS,  you have Ashley but she keep bashing vs, so why would Vs hire her? And iskra, but I’m sure her contract with aire doesn’t even aloud her to walk vs. 

edit: plus I don’t see people bashing intimissimi or la perla for not using plus size girls or transgender. But hey it’s a lot more fun and give more publicity to bash vs

Intimissimi and la Perla aren’t the ones putting on a huge televised show each year, selling the angel lifestyle and image. VS have made themselves such a cultural phenomenon that they have to take responsibility for their influence it’s that simple 

I don’t see VS ever casting plus size models I reckon they will throw in one or two trans models next year for good publicity but honestly that whole debate is irrelevant - either way people wouldn’t have watched the show. I think the whole concept looks tacky and outdated hence why no one cares. Also it’s all on SM. Their problems are bigger than Ed and if thsy wanr it to continue it needs a complete overhaul

5 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Btw, I watched the show last night with my best friend which is as obsessed about the show and VS in general as me, and we made the absolute mistake of watching the 2005 show right after finishing this years one.. :rofl: The difference is so big that it doesn't seem the same brand or even the same concept of show anymore. It used to be so naughty and sexy. I miss this.

I did it before almost watching the show and I was like....never mind. VSFS 2006 > The commercial for the VSFS 2018. I'm just going to ignore the 2018 BZ drama and VS all together.

Cut. Clear. Delete.

5 hours ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Btw, I watched the show last night with my best friend which is as obsessed about the show and VS in general as me, and we made the absolute mistake of watching the 2005 show right after finishing this years one.. :rofl: The difference is so big that it doesn't seem the same brand or even the same concept of show anymore. It used to be so naughty and sexy. I miss this.

My friends always come over to watch it and we always end up watching the older shows and crying about how amazing they used to be

I just got round to watching the show and here is my “demagogue making a big announcement” six hour speech about it.

The Segments

Pink was fine. Less of a horror show than before and tbh I am always glad when someone doesn’t walk in with a duvet. Mary K  honestly if they had not had the stoppid parachutes and SO MUCH EXTRA fabric, this could have been different. The prints were something VS has not done before! Downtown was fine as was Glam Royale.  I truly wish that Golden Angels has been more of a Golden Girls tribute than whatever it was! Celestial was beautiful albeit nothing new. Overall, it feels like VS has run out of new ideas and concepts and when they do have something (I.e. Mary prints) they fuck it up so spectacularly! Obvs the Adriana tribute made me well up.

The Performers

No thank you. The Struts were best, and I actually thought Shawn and Rita went well with their sections, but I would rather still have remixes. They can all leave. (Shawn and one of the Chainsmokers can just come to me (I hate myself for thinking he’s hot but I shall love in my shame)).

The filming

Taylor is so spectacularly beautiful and her opening was cut so well that it was ok. Otherwise, the camera cuts were too fast but better than last year. Room to improve

The models (please bear with, this is the last bit)

Contracted models: Adriana looked amazing. Behati looked good and brings great energy. I get why people don’t like her but I think she’s unique. Can’t see her staying. Candice seemed done with the whole thing but is such a good Walker. Her face has sharpened a lot but truly their last bombshell because Elsa is looking a little too uncurvy. Still gorgeous. Jasmine is such a good spokesmodel and walks so well, they need to up her usage! Josephine, Stella, Sara, Romee were all ok, honestly they didn’t add a whole ton. Martha I feel has also served her time but she really brought energy this year. Finally Lais... what a body, they should have filmed her walking at length... in slow motion. Taylor is so beautiful I am finally starting to get on board. Grace needs to be upgraded to mainline and I am sad to see Zuri go (because VS needs more darker skinned spokeswomen) but clearly they’re not invested in her. Maggie is pretty but interchangeable. Sui is quite done her run at this stage I think - stunning but low key. Ming is beautiful too but does too much cutesy for me.

Of the Returning models, Georgia, Barbara, Leomie (normally I don’t like her but she was ace), Alanna, Gizele, Nadine, Kelly (she’s an actual bombshell, VS should have hired her back in the day), Jourdana (love her in black hair), Aiden (she gives up straight mean girl hot as opposed to smile smiley cutesy shit), Toni, Bella and Liu were ones I want to see again. I throw Shanina and Frida in the list because she wasn’t given enough time. Herieth, Estelle, Cindy (sadly), Barbara F have done their time now. Kendull and Devon can honestly go now, take Alexina. 

Of the newbies: 

Sofie a sensation in energy but her walk needs work, after Yasmin, the best newbie in my eyes.

Kelsey, cute, decent walk for Pink

Sadie And Winnie, should become angels (KIDDING)

Melie needs a second chance, poor girl.

Isilda, Myrther, Cheyenne, Willow, Duckie we’re all good.

yasmin was the one, especially in her first walk.

Sabah, one of my favourites and fun

Alannah, bad walk. Don’t get the appeal.

Maia, filler but good at that.

Lorena, gorgeous but not memorable. Iesha Hodges I would like to see more of. Josie Canseco was good for Pink. Can’t see her moving to mainline.

Mayowa Nicholas was disappointing, maybe the editing didn’t help or her horrendous outfit but she didn’t shine in the way I thought she would (i expected her to be Yasmin levels of bringing it)

The show was a solid 6.5. They need to improve the editing (both of the show and the number of models) and it could have been an 8.

So....can anybody please explain wtf was Golden Angels supposed to be about? Cause I’m hearing it’s inspired by Golden Girls...how the fuck is that even remotely sexy? Like who the hell decided in this meeting  “ok let’s make a segment based off of a 80s sitcom of elderly women who live together”....VS needs to die already, I cannot.

11 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

So....can anybody please explain wtf was Golden Angels supposed to be about? Cause I’m hearing it’s inspired by Golden Girls...how the fuck is that even remotely sexy? Like who the hell decided in this meeting  “ok let’s make a segment based off of a 80s sitcom of elderly women who live together”....VS needs to die already, I cannot.

"GOLDEN ANGEL: A mixture of rich brocades and lace with an urban fashion twist. Foiled detailing with 3 dimensional gold embroidery. Gucci, Etro, Prada, Dolce, Off-White and tribute t-shirts." From their press room. Seems to me they don't have a clue themselves.

33 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

"GOLDEN ANGEL: A mixture of rich brocades and lace with an urban fashion twist. Foiled detailing with 3 dimensional gold embroidery. Gucci, Etro, Prada, Dolce, Off-White and tribute t-shirts." From their press room. Seems to me they don't have a clue themselves.

Literally none of this makes sense with what we’ve seen on the runway tho...they literally had a whole year to think of some fun creative segments and come up with this?!? just throw the whole show away at this point lmao

9 hours ago, nhlovesadri said:

Have a laugh and see that people literally can't even understand irony:

that A for behAti thing was written here today as a joke, and obviously on ig they take it like it's real lol

I'm dead that Adriana actually replied to this picture lol 

The show is on Hulu for anyone wanting to see it. Tho almost all the segments are on youtube and there wasn't much in the show other than the segments this year lol (not complaining but I wanted the casting RTTR and the casting segment wasn't even about the actual casting process it was just a collection of their booking videos that we already saw.

48 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Literally none of this makes sense with what we’ve seen on the runway tho...they literally had a whole year to think of some fun creative segments and come up with this?!? just throw the whole show away at this point lmao

I actually thought the segment was legit stunning lol it made complete sense and it was amazing and everyone looked phenomenal. They should've just given it a different title cause nothing was golden and even the actual golden segment they had in 2014 didn't have 'golden' in the title

13 hours ago, nhlovesadri said:

Have a laugh and see that people literally can't even understand irony:

that A for behAti thing was written here today as a joke, and obviously on ig they take it like it's real lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A Sarcasm Detector should really be a thing :rofl: 

6 hours ago, Isabell said:

I'm dead that Adriana actually replied to this picture lol 

That was the best :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: