Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

The thing is not every brand has all the sizes, not eve the ones that claim to be inclusive. I'm a large girl, i love my body the way it is. The thing is i'm not mad at VS because they dont hire plus size models, i mean why would they? I dont see people arguing because VERSACE or MOSCHINO dont use Plus Size girls.

Every brand has the right to hire whoever they want, their target is certain type of body and thats okay.

These days people cant say a thing cuz everyone thinks they are not being inclusive... 

2 minutes ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

So Behati isn’t very intelligent? In other news water is wet.

more importantly IRINA SHAYK has also backed halsey’s comments on Instagram - when a supermodel who once walked the show calls you out you should be worried

E88CAB52-7061-4C9C-8F0A-246DCD056790.png

SHE WALKED THE SHOW PREGNANT YALL, besides Fenty which other lingerie show has ever hired a pregnant girl?

15 minutes ago, freevsangel said:

The thing is not every brand has all the sizes, not eve the ones that claim to be inclusive. I'm a large girl, i love my body the way it is. The thing is i'm not mad at VS because they dont hire plus size models, i mean why would they? I dont see people arguing because VERSACE or MOSCHINO dont use Plus Size girls.

Every brand has the right to hire whoever they want, their target is certain type of body and thats okay.

These days people cant say a thing cuz everyone thinks they are not being inclusive... 

Except they have on occasion but not really on the runway but that’s hf runways a different discussion. They don’t make their shows focussed on healthy bodies and being representative - it’s not about the model or the lifestyle it’s about the clothes whereas vs are selling a lifestyle goal hence it’s only typical that they would be more heavily scruitnised

50 minutes ago, tippi12 said:

Is this conversation getting old? Absolutely. But I think it’s just lazy to say every person who speaks out against Ed’s comments is an attention whore looking for publicity. Ed directly named Third Love and inserted them into the narrative, they had every right to respond and more. Halsey is an LGBTQ individual; she had every right to address that while she may have performed for these people, she doesn’t support the ideals they uphold. Are you gonna say Bella was also looking for publicity to by reposting her? Even this latest person to speak out about Behati’s comments. Sure, as far as dumb things being said in all this, no her comment isn’t bad. But it’s dismissive and makes light of something that was and still is very serious to lot of other people. It’s not like Ed said we don’t make purple panties because I think purple’s an ugly color. He essentially said we don’t— and won’t— hire certain women because no one’s fantasizing about them. Change with the times or end up falling victim to criticism. That’s life. 

And it’s not that what Behati said was a bad comment to make; it’s just not the right one to make while VS is still experiencing heat for this.

Re-read my comment. No where did I say or imply "every person". In fact I made sure I did not say anything along those lines. Also, I never said this is not a major issue nor have ever condoned what Ed said. Actually I have many times said I don't agree with what Ed said and do I think this is a societal issue. All I am saying some people (again I said some) are exaggerating their outrage and are being hypocritical. People could "talk",  repost articles on social media, "like" stuff on social media and etc. all they want but if they can't back it up with actions & behaviors esp, in their personal life then they are full of it. 

5 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Re-read my comment. No where did I say or imply "every person". In fact I made sure I did not say anything along those lines. Also, I never said this is not a major issue nor have ever condoned what Ed said. Actually I have many times said I don't agree with what Ed said and do I think this is a societal issue. All I am saying some people (again I said some) are exaggerating their outrage and are being hypocritical. People could "talk",  repost articles on social media, "like" stuff on social media and etc. all they want but if they can't back it up with actions & behaviors esp, in their personal life then they are full of it. 

Omg Bella agreed too? Ed is gone lol

1 hour ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

The actual world beyond bellazom

I can’t engage in a discussion with someone who thinks Versace and Chanel are the most watched  fashion shows but I guess we all need to believe in something.

Keep clutching those pearls 😘 

I get the point of VS not wing plus size models because of their size, etc but what's whole deal about not wanting transgender models? Some of them have small waists like Candice and they worked hard to keep their bodies in shape. Some people are offended because Ed was dog whistling (like MAGAt types and the alt right love to do) and was saying transgender women aren't really women without saying it. The anti sjw types are triggered that people are offended by something they said or done. 

MIss Universe used to be against have transgender contestants until a few years ago. They eventually allowed them in and killed the controversy. 

not gonna downplay Ed's work for VS but I think this whole mess is just an indication that he needs to step down (along with Monica and Sophia). They've been doing this for a long time but seem like they have stopped in time, the low ratings comfirm the brand needs change and they won't get it if they don't change the people behind it

4 minutes ago, bucky said:

I get the point of VS not wing plus size models because of their size, etc but what's whole deal about not wanting transgender models? Some of them have small waists like Candice and they worked hard to keep their bodies in shape. Some people are offended because Ed was dog whistling (like MAGAt types and the alt right love to do) and was saying transgender women aren't really women without saying it. The anti sjw types are triggered that people are offended by something they said or done. 

MIss Universe used to be against have transgender contestants until a few years ago. They eventually allowed them in and killed the controversy. 

I'm pretty sure they would have a transgender model in the show if there was a transgender model killing the game now, and Ed did say transgender models have attended the castings they just didn't make it and since there hasnt been any models outing VS for not casting them for being transgender I believe him. It was a poor choice of words, he seemed annoyed and I understand I wouldnt want them to cast a transgender model just because she's trangender and people are demanding diversity. 

49 minutes ago, jubs2512 said:

I'm pretty sure they would have a transgender model in the show if there was a transgender model killing the game now, and Ed did say transgender models have attended the castings they just didn't make it and since there hasnt been any models outing VS for not casting them for being transgender I believe him. It was a poor choice of words, he seemed annoyed and I understand I wouldnt want them to cast a transgender model just because she's trangender and people are demanding diversity. 

This. Ed never said he wouldn't cast a transgender model, he simply said the right one hasn't come along and let's not act like there's that many actually trans models with solid careers that fit VS. Val Sampaio is probably the only one and she has done castings, she just didn't make it like about 80% of the girls who attended the casting. Bigger names than her have been left out of the show and no one bats an eye.

People calling Ed and VS transphobic are reaching and hard. Plus I'm not sure but does people expect VS to cast a trans model and send her down the runway with a SHE'S TRANS AND WE'RE SO INCLUSIVE sign? Last time I checked the girls who walked pregnant didn't get any sign, neither did Winnie and neither have any of the many WOC who got to use their natural hair (probably for the first time in their careers) for the VS show. 

1 hour ago, Corner said:

I can’t engage in a discussion with someone who thinks Versace and Chanel are the most watched  fashion shows but I guess we all need to believe in something.

Keep clutching those pearls 😘 

Well they are the most important shows are during fashion week - VS used to have its place as a tv spectacle but seeing as no one watched and it’s market is virtually North America and parts of Asia to say its the most watched is still a stretch. Fashion week sets the standard for trends throughout fashion and it all trickles down to high street but Yh go off

I think the point is that when Ed said it he was dismissive and rude about the rest of the industry which has clearly advanced and trans and plus size models who are now included. He showed himself to be an out of touch dinosaur and has now made the company seem synonymous with it - he needs to go not the ceo