Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

I was just about to bring up Behati’s comments. Super dismissive and definitely going to rub more people the wrong way. I feel like the Angels should’ve been prepped with statements to say after Ed’s blunder because it’s only natural they’re going to be asked about the criticism VS faces in every interview they have now. The company should’ve made it a priority for their top spokeswomen to be adequately prepared to address these things in a way that won’t dig everyone into a further hole. 

3 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

Same thing with Barbara P. I think she is more fitting for VS now that she has matured a bit. I am glad that they gave her another chance.

- Although there were too many models there were a few breakout stars.

I totally agree about Barbara. . I am SO glad they gave her a second chance, I didn't think that after 6 years they would do that. She looked the most gorgeous at the show, but her poses were embarrassing. However, I still loved seeing her and her outfits. Her walk was excellent, it was just the stupid poses that ruined her for me. 

Who would you say were the breakout stars for you? Lorena ooooh boy 😍... Kelsey for sure!.....Yasmin,

Some of the best of the night that have done the show before:

Leomie           Aiden       Grace              Maggi e       Elsa                Behati

Hope they never come back:

Sui             Harieth       Devon               Alexina       Barbara F                     Sara

Btw, I watched the show last night with my best friend which is as obsessed about the show and VS in general as me, and we made the absolute mistake of watching the 2005 show right after finishing this years one.. :rofl: The difference is so big that it doesn't seem the same brand or even the same concept of show anymore. It used to be so naughty and sexy. I miss this.

Putting this in spoilers b/c I know some might find my opinion offensive. You have been forewarned...

Spoiler

I am getting tired of the whole Ed comment thing :ninja: Not saying it is not a big deal but the whole thing has become a bigger deal than it actually is. I get the sense some people are complaining & outraged not so much b/c the topic truly matters to them, but  b/c it is an excuse to project negativity onto something. Also, some brands and celebs are taking advantage of the situation to promote themselves. Again, not so much  b/c they care that much. It is about the money, attention, trying to "look good" and personal gain & agenda . Everything seem exaggerated, fake and hypocritical.

34 minutes ago, bump said:

I totally agree about Barbara. . I am SO glad they gave her a second chance, I didn't think that after 6 years they would do that. She looked the most gorgeous at the show, but her poses were embarrassing. However, I still loved seeing her and her outfits. Her walk was excellent, it was just the stupid poses that ruined her for me. 

Who would you say were the breakout stars for you? Lorena ooooh boy 😍... Kelsey for sure!.....Yasmin,

Some of the best of the night that have done the show before:

Leomie           Aiden       Grace              Maggi e       Elsa                Behati

Hope they never come back:

Sui             Harieth       Devon               Alexina       Barbara F                     Sara

I kinda like her ridiculous posing because I think she was mocking the show in a playful way :laugh: 

You just gave me an idea of a potential competition & game :shifty: 

28 minutes ago, ticktock said:

You are amazing, thank you!!

:blush::blush::blush: 

Ed must have thought that having Shawn Mendes as an artist, Adriana's farewell, Bee's return, could have distracted attention from his unfortunate comments. Really this gentleman for more than say that they sell fantasy and the majority here we can agree on a certain point, it is only showing how far they are from today and what people like right now. We are no longer in that time of the 2000's so Ed can swallow his pride and close his mouth if he will not bring something good to the company.

Now that I've seen the program, I can only think how great it is compared to last year. 

They only have two options to save the show a little: Put it on HBO or Netflix. Hopefully it will attract more people and will be able to keep them for a few more years.

Already commented on the girls previously but now that I saw everything, I want to add a couple of details:
 Barbara P. was amazing, but I still think she was a bit extra with her poses. If only she walked with that energy and limited himself to not doing something similar to Adriana, it could be one of the best on the catwalk.
Grace: Damn it, girl! I love her! I think she has fantastic energy for VS although I think the same as with Barbara P. She does not need to be extra to get attention, it is a bit exhausting to see models overacting on the catwalk.
Alexina: ... I just should not go back to VS ever. This girl proves that she can not have an appeal that appeals to the masses and her behavior is simply childish.

Sadie: I did not even see her? Either way, even its 2-second appearance was boring. I hope that she will overcome VS and will not work for them again.
Devon, Barbara F., Cindy, Megan have to leave. I'm already bored with them, tbh. It's time to bring other regular girls who can do much better than them.
Zuri: Poor girl. Although never like her, I saw her enthusiastic in her first time walking to VS. She just did not get any attention from the fans and it's better that she retire now.
Kendull: Although she has improved a bit, it still seems like she's walking on the street. The only thing I can rescue from her is that at least she had some energy and her face looked more lucid.
Lorena: Wow, I expected her to dazzle but I was disappointed in her walk. It has a great body but it still seems a very basic face.
Winnie: Overrated AF. She does not bring anything new in her walk.
I would like to see Jourdana, Kelsey, Cheyenne, Duckie and Yasmin again.

I don't know bout you guys, but despite my hate for Bee, she phrased her words rather intelligently and I think people are just making a big deal of out of her comments.

At the risk of sounding controversial or being insensitive, I figured now's a better time than any other to say this. I hope VS never hires plus size models or transgenders to walk the show. While I don't discriminate them, I do believe that there's a time and place for everything. You want a plus size models to walk the runway? Great, let's do an Ashley's Secret or whatever it is. You wanna see some transgender model strut down the runway? Let's do a Transgender's Secret instead. My point is, I don't think VS ever intended to come across as not wanting to be inclusive. Like it or not, VS has always marketed their products to ladies on the slimmer side and that's always been their m.o.

Just because you can't find a lingerie in your size, it doesn't mean the company isn't embracing said size. That's the problem with the society these days. Everything needs to be made for everyone and that's just bullshit. That Victoria Garrick girl who took to Instagram to express her opinions about Bee's statement is another attention seeking whore, as with Halsey and the Third Love founder. 

If you look up to a model and aspire to be like her in the name of beauty, good for you. At least you have some body goals to work towards. But if you expect yourself to wake up one day and have the same hourglass figure that models have and you end up blaming said model or company just cause you can't attain that particular beauty standard, then you've got self-esteem issues. Nobody ever told you that you needed to have a tiny waist like Candice's or that you should have a body or booty like Jo's. You personally looked up to them and wanted to be like them when YOU COULD BE YOU. Most importantly, the models themselves are innocent, they had no part in the whole inclusion matter. You don't see Candice telling people that her figure's body goals.

Candice was blessed with a tiny waist. She did not starve herself (or even if she did, to an extreme extent) just to get that waist size. Candice's waist has always been that way and she doesn't deserve to be blamed just because some silly girl wants to look like her and when she failed in doing so, decides to take it out on VS by posting on Instagram about how VS is not being inclusive. That isn't VS' problem, it's the girl's problem. 

I know my comment might rub some people the wrong way, but I'm so over the whole inclusive drama. I'm fine with meatier girls walking VSFS. I could do with someone like Sofie or Barbs P,  the kind of models that have a little more meat compared to your average HF models. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing some celeb face walk for VS. But I am definitely not going to support the idea of Ashley Graham and her big fat thighs hitting the pink runway. If it ever came to a point where we ever saw Ashley Graham strut her stuff on VS, I'm sure few years down the road, someone might be asking for figures like Whoopi Goldberg to strut her shit too. And if we ever get trans people walking the runway, people just might start asking for crossdressers to walk too. What's next then? A RuPaul's Secret Fashion Show? 

No, just no. The problem originates from you and only you. If you're one of those people going "VS needs to be more inclusive" or whatever brand it is for that matter, then you're the problem. I'm an Asian gay male and even I don't complain about the lack of representation. You do what you gotta do. You don't see me crying about how VS x Mary K is catering their tee-shirts to their female consumers, because VS is a bloody feminine brand. You either suck it up or buy it or you drop it and just admire the shirt from far, period. Likewise, the same goes for Victoria Garrick, Heidi Zak and even that backstabbing bitch who goes by the name of Halsey, who apparently is notorious for disguising herself as some black girl trapped in a white female's body :glare: .

1 hour ago, tippi12 said:

I feel like the Angels should’ve been prepped with statements to say after Ed’s blunder because it’s only natural they’re going to be asked about the criticism VS faces in every interview they have now. The company should’ve made it a priority for their top spokeswomen to be adequately prepared to address these things in a way that won’t dig everyone into a further hole. 

I think the angels should prepare themselves to answer that question in the future but not by VS. Ed and Monica did the terrible interview with Vogue and the apologize was pathetic. The company is obviously out of touch with the reality of today so i doubt they are capable of making statements for the angels that are not controversial. 

It will be better if the agencies/the agents of the models help with this. If the model has an interview with a magazine, prepare answers to possible questions about the drama. 

Would it REALLY kill these people to just simply loose weight instead of acting like envious jackasses and picking on Candice who is a mother of 2 for her tiny waist. 

I known a handicap woman who  lost 50 pounds in less then 4 months 

It's not healthy to promote obesity you are literally risking people's health  by doing something so reckless just because you are to lazy to make a savings fund to buy a exercise machine or a gym membership. 

A lot of people I know who have high blood pressure in there 40's and 50's were or are currently obese. These people are literally killing themselves and are attacking people for not accepting it.  

Is this conversation getting old? Absolutely. But I think it’s just lazy to say every person who speaks out against Ed’s comments is an attention whore looking for publicity. Ed directly named Third Love and inserted them into the narrative, they had every right to respond and more. Halsey is an LGBTQ individual; she had every right to address that while she may have performed for these people, she doesn’t support the ideals they uphold. Are you gonna say Bella was also looking for publicity to by reposting her? Even this latest person to speak out about Behati’s comments. Sure, as far as dumb things being said in all this, no her comment isn’t bad. But it’s dismissive and makes light of something that was and still is very serious to lot of other people. It’s not like Ed said we don’t make purple panties because I think purple’s an ugly color. He essentially said we don’t— and won’t— hire certain women because no one’s fantasizing about them. Change with the times or end up falling victim to criticism. That’s life. 

And it’s not that what Behati said was a bad comment to make; it’s just not the right one to make while VS is still experiencing heat for this.

30 minutes ago, Freak said:

I think the angels should prepare themselves to answer that question in the future but not by VS. Ed and Monica did the terrible interview with Vogue and the apologize was pathetic. The company is obviously out of touch with the reality of today so i doubt they are capable of making statements for the angels that are not controversial. 

It will be better if the agencies/the agents of the models help with this. If the model has an interview with a magazine, prepare answers to possible questions about the drama. 

Very true, it is more of the responsibility of the individual models and their agents. I’d just think that the actual company would push that as well. 

9 minutes ago, tippi12 said:

Is this conversation getting old? Absolutely. But I think it’s just lazy to say every person who speaks out against Ed’s comments is an attention whore looking for publicity. Ed directly named Third Love and inserted them into the narrative, they had every right to respond and more. Halsey is an LGBTQ individual; she had every right to address that while she may have performed for these people, she doesn’t support the ideals they uphold. Are you gonna say Bella was also looking for publicity to by reposting her? Even this latest person to speak out about Behati’s comments. Sure, as far as dumb things being said in all this, no her comment isn’t bad. But it’s dismissive and makes light of something that was and still is very serious to lot of other people. It’s not like Ed said we don’t make purple panties because I think purple’s an ugly color. He essentially said we don’t— and won’t— hire certain women because no one’s fantasizing about them. Change with the times or end up falling victim to criticism. That’s life. 

And it’s not that what Behati said was a bad comment to make; it’s just not the right one to make while VS is still experiencing heat for this.

He didn't said that in any way. He said that's not the fantasy VS is selling. Which is a pretty different thing. I'm a petit girl, I don't buy from stores and brands that sell for tall or curvy girls just as tall or curvy girls probably don't buy from the brands that fit my short legs.

4 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

He didn't said that in any way. He said that's not the fantasy VS is selling. Which is a pretty different thing. I'm a petit girl, I don't buy from stores and brands that sell for tall or curvy girls just as tall or curvy girls probably don't buy from the brands that fit my short legs.

THIS x10000 times.

Why do people think VS should try to appeal to everyone? They never did and they probably never will. Just let them be! If you dislike the brand then move along and find a brand that fits your needs, I don't go to Lane Bryant because their shit doesn't fit me, I'm not making a movement for them to have petite models. And quite frankly as my good sis @PastaFreak said, we can't blame Candice, Behati and VS for whatever issue people have with body image. These women make it very very clear that they work hard to have those bodies, I don't expect to wake up looking like Lais tomorrow because I don't do a quarter of the stuff she does to stay in shape, is not like the girls are out there promoting unhealthy standards saying they woke up like that, they show more than enough that they take care of themselves. 

Also, just because there's a lot of fat people out there doesn't mean we should normalize it and make it seem like it's okay and completely healthy to be above certain size/weight. We're all okay with girls like Iskra, Sofia Jamora and the likes doing VS but people expecting the Hunter McGrady's of the world to become the new poster child of sexiness can seriously just fuck off. If you decide not to have some healthy habits then that's on you, but don't expect the rest of the world to feel the same way and act like it's alright.

And as Behati said, this a TV show ffs, why some people take it so damn seriously, it's like people asking for the Miss Universe to change their standards, like no, fuck off, it's a goddamn beauty pageant, not a Presidential election.