Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

1 hour ago, Kevork89 said:

The commercials are actually embarrassing. It’s like they’ve actually given up and are not bothered to even try anymore.

They use parts of other commercials like ????? Please at least try. They could have  made one with the angels singing or something like that. 

7 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Did anyone see the “secret message” on Adriana’s moon wings? 😭 which is was a little less subtle but this is so sweet! A for Adriana

325CDE49-DB6D-42B2-92F3-934C79235F2D.jpeg 4A4C4983-A60D-415C-B612-DE211C974E55.jpeg

Watch some asshole on Instagram be like ..

THE MOON WINGS WERE ORIGINALLY FOR BEHATI, THEY HAVE AN A AND HER NAME IS BEHATI, BUT BEE IS SO GOOD SHE LET ADRIANA HAVE THEM #FACTSONLY :rofl: 

Really sweet detail tho, i love that the Adriana tribute was obviously not a last minute thing, it's pretty obvious they always planned to pay her homenage.

Now, for Claud's "I have seen the VSFS and I have something to say" TED Talk

Overall I actually liked the show a lot, it's probably my favorite one since 2012 so I'm confused as to why everyone is hating on it so much. Like I said before, most of the outfits were actually pretty good and the casting was okay too, I still think 60 models was too much but the good thing is that with them having so many models I was able to focus on the ones I like because they were a lot so the 20-25 I didn't like I was just like meh.

I appreciate how the focus was mostly kept on the Angels, not even the nepo hoes got the extra screentime we all thought they would. If anything Barbara, Alexina, Grace and Sofie managed to get the same or more screentime than they did. Other than that, the show was focused on the angels, with the downside being that VS has so many Angels that half of them got lost in the crowd, if you're a VS fan and watch this show you'd think the only angels were Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Taylor, Martha and Josephine. That being said, all my girls got their fare share of screentime so I could not care less about the rest lol, but I was pretty surprised there was literally no mention of this being Bee's so-called big comeback, makes me wonder if this was it for her. I'm obviously thrilled Adriana got the farewell she deserved, not because she's my favorite model but because she really is the GOAT, it was done really well and I love how all the girls were crying and cheering for her backstage, it was just really sweet. I also like that after years they finally decided to give the FB a moment, it was short for sure but it was there and Elsa also got to close the segment so yay that, hopefully they'll keep this going. 

The editing was IMO way better than other years, we got less audience shots (except for the nepo moments but I'm always thankful for Abel shots so I'm at peace with that), I liked Taylor's opening alright tbh, it was better than I expected and I think the shitty music had a lot to do with her lack of energy, but it still wasn't my least favorite opening ever, it obviously wasn't the best one either but she did look stunning. The casting segment was really sweet and something we don't get to see super often so I'm on board with that, the fitness segment was the same shit we get every year but they need to promote their sports line so I'm cool with that. I do hope they bring back the Angel profiles next year tho, they were some of my fave moments back in 2006-2008. The makeup and hair this year was just great, the best one VS has done in at least a decade tbh, not a single model looked bad, obviously I think some looked better than others but that's personal taste, but everyone looked decent so that's an improvement.

Now let's get to the really sad part ... The music was TRASH this year, Leela James was a mess, The Chainsmokers are trash and their "live" music is even worse and who is this Kelsea chick? Don't know her and based on this song, I never want to see her again, I was also cackling at the dude holding Lo's hand while she walked and she was trying to let go of him lol. Bebe Rexha is awful as well but at least her song fits in Pink, same for Rita Ora in Downtown. Shawn Mendes was good but I love him so that was a given, I just he hadn't been in that trainwreck of a segment but I like that he didn't try to steal the spotlight from the girls. The Struts however, I never heard them before and I'm a huge fan now, I love love love them and they fit perfectly for the show, I love that they got to perform during the finale too. 

Overall I give this show 7/10 tbh. I was pretty happy with it :idk: 

8 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Now, for Claud's "I have seen the VSFS and I have something to say" TED Talk

Overall I actually liked the show a lot, it's probably my favorite one since 2012 so I'm confused as to why everyone is hating on it so much. Like I said before, most of the outfits were actually pretty good and the casting was okay too, I still think 60 models was too much but the good thing is that with them having so many models I was able to focus on the ones I like because they were a lot so the 20-25 I didn't like I was just like meh.

I appreciate how the focus was mostly kept on the Angels, not even the nepo hoes got the extra screentime we all thought they would. If anything Barbara, Alexina, Grace and Sofie managed to get the same or more screentime than they did. Other than that, the show was focused on the angels, with the downside being that VS has so many Angels that half of them got lost in the crowd, if you're a VS fan and watch this show you'd think the only angels were Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Taylor, Martha and Josephine. That being said, all my girls got their fare share of screentime so I could not care less about the rest lol, but I was pretty surprised there was literally no mention of this being Bee's so-called big comeback, makes me wonder if this was it for her. I'm obviously thrilled Adriana got the farewell she deserved, not because she's my favorite model but because she really is the GOAT, it was done really well and I love how all the girls were crying and cheering for her backstage, it was just really sweet. I also like that after years they finally decided to give the FB a moment, it was short for sure but it was there and Elsa also got to close the segment so yay that, hopefully they'll keep this going. 

The editing was IMO way better than other years, we got less audience shots (except for the nepo moments but I'm always thankful for Abel shots so I'm at peace with that), I liked Taylor's opening alright tbh, it was better than I expected and I think the shitty music had a lot to do with her lack of energy, but it still wasn't my least favorite opening ever, it obviously wasn't the best one either but she did look stunning. The casting segment was really sweet and something we don't get to see super often so I'm on board with that, the fitness segment was the same shit we get every year but they need to promote their sports line so I'm cool with that. I do hope they bring back the Angel profiles next year tho, they were some of my fave moments back in 2006-2008. The makeup and hair this year was just great, the best one VS has done in at least a decade tbh, not a single model looked bad, obviously I think some looked better than others but that's personal taste, but everyone looked decent so that's an improvement.

Now let's get to the really sad part ... The music was TRASH this year, Leela James was a mess, The Chainsmokers are trash and their "live" music is even worse and who is this Kelsea chick? Don't know her and based on this song, I never want to see her again, I was also cackling at the dude holding Lo's hand while she walked and she was trying to let go of him lol. Bebe Rexha is awful as well but at least her song fits in Pink, same for Rita Ora in Downtown. Shawn Mendes was good but I love him so that was a given, I just he hadn't been in that trainwreck of a segment but I like that he didn't try to steal the spotlight from the girls. The Struts however, I never heard them before and I'm a huge fan now, I love love love them and they fit perfectly for the show, I love that they got to perform during the finale too. 

Overall I give this show 7/10 tbh. I was pretty happy with it :idk: 

Sis, you gonna get the Mary K shirts :rofl: ?

There seem to be a lot more cuts to models dancing or having fun backstage rather than to the musician this year. I'd rather have fewer cuts in general but it's much better to watch the models than the performers.

I loved Elsa's booty shake on her way back in Celestial Angel. Georgia's dancing too.

Sofie is gorgeous and Barbara F looked great as always. Just wish she would smile more.

- I rewatched the show. Although I thought it was lackluster, it was overall ok.

- The music for most part clashed with the segments but the songs themselves were ok.

- Behati seemed excited to be back and she definitely shined. Same thing with Barbara P. I think she is more fitting for VS now that she has matured a bit. I am glad that they gave her another chance.

- The outfits overall weren’t bad. 

- I like there were less filler segments.

- Although there were too many models there were a few breakout stars.

So, I've watched the show twice now and I can give my opinion about IT. Overall I think it was OK. Much much much better than last year which was a disaster (2009 show level of disaster).

I think that the thing I hated the most was the editing, as always in the last few years: I think lots of girls had zero screen time during their walk, mainly because they were always cutting on backstage or on the performers. The angels, thank God, were the ones with the most screentime alongside with Barbara, Alexina, Grace and Sophie which I'm not mad about at all (make them angels, VS.)

I hated that every segment had like... 10 outfits? I don't know, it seemed rushed, like everything in the show tbh.

ADRIANA'S TRIBUTE: It was perfect, it was so well done and it literally made me emotional. She shined and I loved that everyone backstage was feeling the love for this woman who literally saw the brand becoming what it is now. (so basically, trash lol) I'm gonna miss her in the show, that's for sure.

Taylor's opening was... OK? Mediocre just as the show, but she looked divine and I blame the music for her moment ruined. I think it was the worst choice they could ever made for a runway song, yet alone an opening song. Just meh.

My faves were definetely GRACE and BARBARA P. They need to contract these two girls asap because they were literally the stars of the show for me.

Overall I give this show 7/10. Could have been better, could have been worst :rofl:

1 hour ago, mykiexx said:

Don't know if this is a unpopular opinion or what but I didn't hate that much the Mary K segment. 

Me too, The only thing were those dresses, Why cover those girls like that, Maybe I Didn't Hate it because All i want was to Shawn to Sit on my Face, That men is GORGEOUSSSSSS.

@mykiexx @Chessie No problem Darlings! ❤️ 

Taylor’s opening:  The opening definitely wasn’t as bad as the low-quality phone shots made it out to be.  It could use more speed and energy but wasn’t horrible.  Taylor’s face though is everything.  My eyes just immediately stop and pause on her.  Such a classically beautiful face you rarely see, even in VS.  No wonder VS is pushing her.  And I also just love and adore her personality and energy behind the scenes.

Adriana Segment: Never thought I’d cry for VS, but I did. Watching Adriana is like watching the history of VS itself, with their parallel meteoric rise, peak, and levelling off.  I’ve seen so many beautiful angels come and go over the years, but none have been like Adriana.  The title of the “Greatest Angel of All Time” that VS gave her was well-deserved.  Adriana in her peak years and even beyond pretty much dominated in everything she did, and her face remains for me the most classically beautiful and memorable, with just the perfect touch of the exotic. Farewell to the last and final angel from the Golden Era icons.

Elsa’s FB: She killed it with the FB.  She looked so unbelievably good, just like a doll.  I’m not a fan of the high-waist panty, and the FB was only just okay for me, but Elsa really sold it.  She is probably the only angel who could pull that particular look off.  Elsa really shined and had her FB moment—she was probably the best-looking blonde in the house that night imo; she was literally glowing. 

Besides Adriana, Josephine seemed to get a lot of airtime, which is no surprise since VS is undoubtedly pushing her to the top.  Lais’ opening in Celestial Angels really highlighted her killer body, which is probably the best (natural) body in VS at the moment. Decent amounts of Jasmine and Romee.  Jasmine did well opening MK and she is arguably one of the best walkers among the NA (along with Sara).  Romee also did well showcasing the SO outfit, and even though she didn’t get as much screen time, she definitely has a lot of spirit and growing confidence both down the runway and behind the scenes.  Stella and Sara seemed barely there, and Behandice didn’t seem featured as much, especially Behati’s return.

Other models: Barbara Palvin has so much zest to her walk, a really classic face, and actual curves.  Glad she worked with them again.  Like some people have already mentioned, surprisingly, the best walk of the night seemed to have come from Yasmin in Glam Royale, who just came out of left field and gave a fierce Golden-Era-like walk.  Other standouts for me: Jourdana Phillips, Grace, and Leomie.  Nepo girls were a bit underwhelming for all the hype around them, though Bella looked the best of the bunch.

Music: At first, when they zoomed in on Leela James’s face, I was like OMG, my goddess Oprah Winfrey is here!!! 😆  But music-wise, VS should know by now not to use a slower song in an opening segment.  The opening segment sets the tone and should have a strong beat.  Most of the songs for me were kind of meh except for the Struts.

Outfits and Segments: Downtown Angel was probably the consistently worst. The T-shirts with other models’ faces on them and the puffer outfits were pretty cringey.  I usually don't expect much from PINK, and they delivered per usual. lol. MK was okay except for the balloon outfits.  I didn’t think it was possible to go from crying in the Adriana segment to straight out laughing every time those balloon puffs in the MK segment came jiggling down the runway, especially from behind.  Celestial Angels was the best; VS always has one really classic angelic segment.

Editing:  The huge number of models meant that they had to cut down on the runway screentime for each model.  Everything moved too fast, sometimes it felt like “blink it and miss” for a lot of the models, especially the non-angels.  I couldn’t really see most of their walks.