Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Knew the ratings would be diabolical. Embarrassing ratings. Watch Ed still hype that mess up. What’s the ratings gonna be like next year? 2.3M? 

3.2 million views is lay offs territory. Everyone has got to go. Specifically Sophia, Monica, and Ed. Also so many of the artisans that they’ve been using for years straight and those production guys. ENOUGH.

i get the whole “if it isn’t broken don’t fix it” by its clearly been broken for years now

i get loyalty, but to me 5 years shows loyalty and that you appreacuated them. After that it’s time to go. You can’t have the same damn people in things like this that require so much creativity. 

If they continue like this I’m betting next year or the year after will be the last show. If they could even keep it slightly steady that’s one thing but it keeps dramatically dropping. 

2 hours ago, mykiexx said:

They count the viewers from all around the world or just america?

No, that’s just ABC/the networks’ ratings (mind you other US networks air the show as well).

I’m sure when they factor in the numbers from all the other countries, they ratings would obviously be great..

Also, VS can still say they’re the most watched fashion show on earth because they (still) are! No other brand comes close.. Obviously I can’t believe they reach 1.6 billion people because come on... the ratings were bound to keep plummeting because TV is dying and I literally don’t watch TV anymore and neither does any of my friends. We stream online just like everyone  else. In that case VS is still winning even if they seem to be losing. The fact that they’re already talking about next year’s show is pretty telling.

The show was talked about in literally  every social media platform. Just that is enough PR and exposure even before you factor in the TV ratings.

Also, whoever said Adriana wasn’t trending last night (for hours, I might add) obviously didn’t check Twitter 

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

I don't think adding "diversity" will help the show, is not like SI's so called diversity is helping them sell more magazines or rack more views in their social media :ninja:. I think the problem with VS is that they did very little promo and they haven't focused on building up their Angels. If I was VS, I'd skip the show next year and do another Angel's Across America tour, make people know and connect with their Angels, then come back with a big show for 2020 with a good budget and a solid Angels team.

THIS! and according to this article (which also mentions that the diversity-thing came with limited success), the future of the swimsuit Issue is written in the stars:

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/04/new-ownership-could-spell-big-changes-for-si-swimsuit-edition/

Now that you've mentioned it, I think that this is the perfect time now to have another Angels Across America-tour. At this point, the show is too much in danger to be sabotaged by these annoying SJWs. So let it rest and go on tour. But at first, half of the Angels need to be cut. There's no way to grab people's attention when you try to introduce 12 models to them at the same time. Release Josephine, Martha, Sara, Jasmine, Romee (I like her but I don't see Angel-material) and Stella (who I still don't get. She doesn't have the body to sell lingerie) from their Angel-contracts. Candice, Behati and Lily should headline the tour as they are the ones who would come the closest to what Heidi, Tyra and Gisele were to the first AAA-tour and hope that their fame will translate to Elsa, Lais (how can this hottie be so underrated??) and Taylor. What do you think?

Found the first HD torrent for the show, 4GB:

https://rarbg.to/torrent/gkhqnwf

If it doesn't load the page because in your country it's blocked, don't worry, go here:

https://torrents.me/proxy/rarbg/

choose one of the not blocked pages on the list, type the file name on the search bar (Victoria Secret Holiday Special) and you should be able to find it in the search results.

Open it, and click on the Magnet link (it looks like a little red magnet, yes, up near the file name).

Your torrent program (uTorrent for example) should open and ask you to start the file download. 

16 minutes ago, Corner said:

No, that’s just ABC/the networks’ ratings (mind you other US networks air the show as well).

I’m sure when they factor in the numbers from all the other countries, they ratings would obviously be great..

Also, VS can still say they’re the most watched fashion show on earth because they (still) are! No other brand comes close.. Obviously I can’t believe they reach 1.6 billion people because come on... the ratings were bound to keep plummeting because TV is dying and I literally don’t watch TV anymore and neither does any of my friends. We stream online just like everyone  else. In that case VS is still winning even if they seem to be losing. The fact that they’re already talking about next year’s show is pretty telling.

The show was talked about in literally  every social media platform. Just that is enough PR and exposure even before you factor in the TV ratings.

Also, whoever said Adriana wasn’t trending last night (for hours, I might add) obviously didn’t check Twitter 

I feel like you’re talking about me not sure, but um I never said Adriana wasn’t trending. Just in case you were.

I just watched the show and want to say some things:

- Taylor surprised me. I know you don't like her opening but I think it was actually good, not amazing, but good. I thought she'd do it worse tbh (Glam Royale). She was X in Celestial Angels

- I didn't see Sara and Josephine, I don't know if it was because they didn't have enough screen time or because I was commenting the show on Twitter lol (Glam Royale). I don't know if it is just me or what, but I saw Josephine bending a bit in the floral segment. Sara was amazing in Celestial Angels

- Alexina......... I have no words. This girl is annoying af. Needed to say it

- Barbara Palvin surprised me. The last time she walked she didn't do it that good, but I think she improved this year. I liked her

- I barely saw Stella in Golden Angels, and I liked her in Dowtown Angels. Like Taylor, she wasn't amazing but she surprised me idk

- Candice: amazing as always. I think she deserved a better outfit in Celestial Angels, like Kendall's or Grace Bol's

- I already miss Adriana, and I was happy for Behati but she didn't surprised me idk

- I liked Jasmine a lot, she's amazing and I think she's underrated

- Lais in Celestial Angels ???????????? A FUCKING GODDESS

- I actually liked Martha's opening and didn't see her in Downtown Angels because of Twitter (again lmao)

- Grace Elizabeth in Golden Angels was......... so extra, I didn't like her and I found her annoying, but I really liked her in PINK

- Alanna Arrington in Flights of Fancy/Fantasy or whatever the name is: amazing

- I fucking loved Romee in Golden Angels, she improved a lot tbh

- The insta models like Josie Canseco, Lorena... were okay, I thought they'd do it worse

- The performers were good and didn't try to stole the attention from the models, but I think The Struts were the best

This is my first impression that probably will change when I watch the show a few times more

I just watched the show and I have to say that I liked it. Never judge the show based on the poor quality clips recorded by the audience till you have seen the finished product. I should have known better not to but I fell for it again. 😖

The editing was quite good. The show's biggest problem is still the poor music choice. It's been done with a hit-or-miss manner for way too long.

The Chainsmoker-song could have been mixed so much better. It built up and climaxed when Barbara Palvin walked just to fall flat with the breakdown when Ming walked.

Shawn's "Lost in Japan" was perfect for the Mary K-segment. It has a bright and carefree feeling which made the collection more tolerable to look at.

My absolute favorite is, without a doubt, "Celestial Angels". The intensity of the song and the smoke in the beginningof the segment when Lais entered the catwalk, followed by Candice, Taylor, Romee, Elsa and closed by Adriana who rocked the stage with the singer. Wow, that would have been a BEAUTIFUL WAY to start the show but I guess they wanted Adriana to close the show, so they put it last in order.

PS: This is how the first segment ended. And now imagine them with lingerie on. Is this really what people wanna see, so they can "relate"????

vlcsnap-2018-12-03-23h05m51s615.thumb.jpg.28305cb4ed59a78f6bbc9d00b34d03d7.jpg

3 hours ago, Dipit said:

Side note, it’s probably just me but I’m really getting tired of seeing Elsa. Maybe it’s just fatigue from seeing her everywhere but she lost her luster imho.

I just started backtracking but same, its kinda like her "light" got sucked by all that weight loss

1 hour ago, Corner said:

I would hardly even call it a fashion show but that’s just because of how gaudy the designs are. I think saying it’s the most watched is deffo a lie - in Europe it’s basically non existent and they only recently cracked Asia. The biggest shows are and always will be versace, chanel, etc. The fashion week shows 

5 hours ago, Freak said:

Viewers:

2013: 9.7 million viewers 

2014: 9.2 million viewers 

2015: 6.6 million viewers 

2016: 6.5 million viewers 

2017: 4.9 million viewers 

2018: 3.2 million viewers 

The numbers change depending on the source, but there isn't a big difference. This was just to show how irrelevant the show has become 🤣

2015 was exactly the year they lost even more Angels and added 10 new ones with no promo at all and also everyone was probably traumatized of having to watch Taylor Swifts cringy ass 2 years in a row and didn't tune in 

I still have a problem with an edit, it's not crazy fast like last year but sill to short time to see models and the outfits.

Here is one of my favorite segment where I think everything was on point: editing focus on models I can see the outfits, walks and the final poses.Love a little slow motion, music was great and Bruno gave all the space and attention to the girls. Bring this back! :(

The show was pretty decent, in general.

My issue is... I don't think I've heard the word "angel" even once during the whole event. The girls names aren't used in the intro, they don't speak in the in-between segments, etc... It's completely impossible to distinguish the angels from the other models, unless you're a fan/follower.

If you can't use your biggest event to showcase your spokespeople, what's the point of having spokespeople at all? 

VS needs to hype their girls, put them on pedestals, create a following, like they did 20 to 10 years ago. Only then will they be useful in actually selling something. For as much as people like or dislike any given "new angel", this problem is not any of the girls' fault. The problem is with the company and how they publicize them. 

Instead of having the general crowd googling "Sara/Elsa/Taylor from Victoria's Secret" and get them to follow them and their work (with VS) and thus potentially increasing sales, you'll have the general crowd watching the show and forgetting its existence within a day.  There's really nothing to gain from the show because there's no follow-up at all. Watch the show as an outsider and what will you do once the show ends? Which girl will you search for? 

3 hours ago, nymphxa said:

found this link if y'all don't want to download it: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ya21m 

Thank you soo much!!!!!!

Thoughts on Downtown Angel:

-I like the rain a lot! Very cool idea. 

-The song fits really well, nice. 

-Behati should've had a nice set of wings. Her outfit looks incomplete. 

-Most of these outfits were really boring. I would wear them to work out in, but they weren't enough for a show.

-Barbara's puffer jacket? NO. Martha's trash bag puffer wings? EVEN MORE NO.

-That t shirt on Cheyenne (I think?) pisses me off every time I see it. That is not an outfit, she should not have to promote another model. and it's ugly. she's cute though

-Ming is cute but she bores me. 

-Ooooh Kelly Gale 😍 gotta hvave those abs covered though, ew

-Barbara's sunglasses looked like the glasses of the mad scientist in the Nightmare Before Christmas. not a good look. ugly outfit.

-Barbara was SO SEXY...until she did the dumbass arm curl pose. she was the most beautiful of the night, but her poses sucked. 

-Sadie Newman wasn't bad. I don't ever want to see her shoot catalogue or even white wall, but I'm ok with her walking the show. 

-I like that Martha was the only model to get wings, even if they were terrible. She is one of my least favorite Angels, but I'm happy she closed it and got wings.

Overall: 7/10....music was good, setting was awesome, outfits weren't ugly persay but not VSFS worthy to me....Barbara is my favorite model so I'm glad she was in it, but her pose annoyed me. Behati and Stella both needed wings. 

3 hours ago, Corner said:

Or yahoo, because people on TWITTER were talking about her trending on YAHOO lol. Yes she did trend on them both, because people thought she passed do to her trending. 

7 hours ago, tippi12 said:

Does the general public care about these things though? Most of the general public that may watch the show every year but isn’t necessarily invested in the brand or its models most likely doesn’t care about Behati, know her name, or know that she was returning from anything. Adriana’s probably the only angel they could name but still probably didn’t see her farewell as a huuuuuge deal. The nepo models have large fan bases but I wouldn’t say most of those fans need to watch the show to get their fix of these girls. And Shawn Mendes may have a bunch of fan girls, but his recent comments regarding his sexuality left a bitter taste in a lot of fans’ mouths, and frankly his celeb status is much lower than other male pop stars like him in their prime 

Um thanks to Adriana leaving, urban sites like world star hip hop and the shaderoom posted about the show and her leaving. The shaderoom did the day of the show and last night. They commented on the black models, and then Adriana. Adriana's leaving was a huge deal because it transcended beyond fashion and regular news outlets, it even caught urban news attention

While I always thought VS was a sinking ship, I do think part of the reason yesterday was so lackluster is because it was a sunday night. there is alot of competition but the fact that they couldn't even keep their CBS does point to trouble still.