Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

22 minutes ago, tippi12 said:

Does the general public care about these things though? Most of the general public that may watch the show every year but isn’t necessarily invested in the brand or its models most likely doesn’t care about Behati, know her name, or know that she was returning from anything. Adriana’s probably the only angel they could name but still probably didn’t see her farewell as a huuuuuge deal. The nepo models have large fan bases but I wouldn’t say most of those fans need to watch the show to get their fix of these girls. And Shawn Mendes may have a bunch of fan girls, but his recent comments regarding his sexuality left a bitter taste in a lot of fans’ mouths, and frankly his celeb status is much lower than other male pop stars like him in their prime 

Trueeee. I’m not talking about the general public tho but Behati’s supposedly millions of fans(bots) lmaooo you would think the way they hype her up she would’ve been trending too but then again, not even Adriana was trending last night (only on the actual day of the show). Shawn Mendes is prob the most relevant male singer atm with a huge global fan base, but I agree....he’s still C-List but I’m surprised no one tuned in to see him perform and he wasn't trending as well. I remember the HUGE press and explosion on social media when Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars even The Weeknd performed. Many ppl watched the show just for them. Goes to show, performers don’t mean shit anymore, people just want a good fashion show.

1 minute ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Trueeee. I’m not talking about the general public tho but Behati’s supposedly millions of fans(bots) lmaooo you would think the way they hype her up she would’ve been trending too but then again, not even Adriana was trending last night (only on the actual day of the show). Shawn Mendes is prob the most relevant male singer atm with a huge global fan base, but I agree....he’s still C-List but I’m surprised no one tuned in to see him perform and he wasn't trending as well. I remember the HUGE press and explosion on social media when Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars even The Weeknd performed. Many ppl watched the show just for them. Goes to show, performers don’t mean shit anymore, people just want a good fashion show.

Or maybe, just MAYYBE, they just chose a bunch of shitty performers that no one is interested in? 

I mean shit, at this point they will need names as big as Taylor Swift or Cardi B.

This is the first year I actually forgot about the veterans EXCEPT Adriana (for obvious reasons) :/ goes to show what’s gonna become of them next year...Candice slayed but barely had any screen time behind the scenes, only during Golden Angels and Celestial Angels (VS did Lais dirty by letting Candice walk second after her :hang:) Behati was practically nonexistent this year...like I really forgot she was in the show because I honestly thought they would make a little welcome back segment for her considering she’s been gone for 2 whole years. 

3 minutes ago, Dipit said:

Or maybe, just MAYYBE, they just chose a bunch of shitty performers that no one is interested in? 

I mean shit, at this point they will need names as big as Taylor Swift or Cardi B.

Agreed. I’m still mad they didn’t pick Cardi B to perform this year, Im not really a fan of her since she’s way to obnoxious and ghetto for me but I think she would’ve gotten the ratings to improve and she’s a good lively performer. The lineup this year should’ve been: Cardi B, Drake, Ariana Grande and Shawn Mendes

PETITION TO HAVE FLORENCE + THE MACHINE PERFORM NEXT YEAR!!!! All her songs are good for the runway and she’s such a powerful performer and won’t take the attention away from the models. But if she performs, I rather it just be her and no other performer. She’s an act all on her own :wub6yh2cm: (like Beyoncé lmao)

1 hour ago, ThePinkDiet said:

The link is not working for me. Do you have another one? :(

How is it not working?

Do you have https://www.bittorrent.com/

Or https://www.utorrent.com/

installed?

Are you clicking the magnet instead of the link?

evabIbx.jpg

Click the magnet, and it'll open up like this

yxo83TV.jpg

lol @ the ratings. Not surprising at all considering the time slot, bad press for the brand, lack of promo and overall decline in enthusiasm for the show over the past few years. Their top management is so out of touch with a lot of things and that's the biggest problem. They need a serious change there. What worked 10-15 years ago isn't going to work now and they aren't willing to see that. Or they are but still refuse to change. It's a shame because I thought the outfits this year were better than last year's by far. Honestly, the show has lost a lot of its magic IMO. 

2 hours ago, Freak said:

Viewers:

2013: 9.7 million viewers 

2014: 9.2 million viewers 

2015: 6.6 million viewers 

2016: 6.5 million viewers 

2017: 4.9 million viewers 

2018: 3.2 million viewers 

The numbers change depending on the source, but there isn't a big difference. This was just to show how irrelevant the show has become 🤣

It's not necessarily bright to call the VS show irrelevant by just looking at the ratings over the years. Less and less people bother to watch shows when they get aired because you can always go back to watch it on the internet. The show today could be of equal quality to the 2013/2014-shows and still wouldn't score a 9 million viewers-rating. Maybe 5-6 million but it didn't and that's when the declining quality of the show comes into play.    

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

How is it not working?

Do you have https://www.bittorrent.com/

Or https://www.utorrent.com/

installed?

Are you clicking the magnet instead of the link?

evabIbx.jpg

Click the magnet, and it'll open up like this

yxo83TV.jpg

Yes I do. I use utorrent for everything. The page wasn’t just loading at all. Btw I found another link, thank you :)

The show’s decline has nothing to do with viewers - many shows still outperform when they have something to give. Think how huge the Super Bowl is? Or a big finale of GOT. 

I honestly think this could be the show coming to an end - big networks aren’t going to air the show in a prime time slot when they could have a popular show in stead with triple the viewers and more ad money and VS won’t be able to invest in big performers

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

I don't think adding "diversity" will help the show, is not like SI's so called diversity is helping them sell more magazines or rack more views in their social media :ninja:. I think the problem with VS is that they did very little promo and they haven't focused on building up their Angels. If I was VS, I'd skip the show next year and do another Angel's Across America tour, make people know and connect with their Angels, then come back with a big show for 2020 with a good budget and a solid Angels team.

I think VS is also fucking up by not moving to streaming services like Hulu or Netflix, their target audience (i.e women like me in their 20's who can actually afford their $60 bras, not the teens who OMG LOVE LOVE ROMEE QUEEN YESSSS!! SARA GODDESSS!!! ELSA SKINNY LEGEND I DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! but don't have a steady paycheck) won't watch tv these days, however, put this on Netflix and I will 100% watch it the day it comes out. But making me remember to tune in and stay awake for a TV show? HARD PASS. Only GOT can make me do that. It would also make the show available to a bigger audience at the same time. 

So true streaming! But when most of the girls look like tweens it can’t really be aspirational for the money millenials

3 hours ago, Dipit said:

But it isn’t like this is an out of the blue revelation. 

You would be stupid to think that they didn’t typecast before. They only made it public what they have already been doing. It doesn’t take a genius to see that. 

It’s not hypocritical performers aren’t paid and there’s a difference between when you can’t really prove it and the derogatory comments ed made - good for halseyHalsey