Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

3 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Ratings are OUT!

The show got an outstanding 0.9 (woowwww amaaaazing).

VS's irrelevance in 2018 jumped out........

This is abysmal for a show that got 3.4 only 4 years ago!

OMG i thought you were saying this as a joke 😳😳😳 Robyn must be really happy lol

If anyone is interested here's the article

Ratings: 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Sinks To New Franchise Low

5 minutes ago, Nathan4598 said:

what do the 0.9 and 3.4 mean though?

17 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

0.9 of all adults 18-49 in the US watched the show last night. The show 40% of last year's already poor result, and only a few years ago, it had a 3.4 rating.

0.9 and 3.4 are like percentages, 0.9 means 0.9% of all adults in the US from the age of 18-49 watched the show. The Show did 3.4% of all adults from the age of 18-49 4 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Nathan4598 said:

what do the 0.9 and 3.4 mean though?

Only .9% of adults ages 18-49 watched the show compared to 3.4% in previous years....which totals up to only 3.2 million viewers overall last night, an all time low for VS. We all saw this coming. Lowest ratings in VS history.

1 minute ago, Dipit said:

Well...yea, she performed BEFORE those remarks Ed said were made public and the hairstylists who did hair this year also condemned Ed for his comments after the show. It’s not like they knew.

Just now, peroxideblonde said:

0.9/ 3.27??? YIKES! i don't know if ABC will air this again :rofl: they should ask the CW next :rofl:

CW always shows the second airing anyway right? Like a few weeks after the show I believe. Honestly, I think it’s time to move VS to FX or HBO so we can finally bring the SEXY, naughty vibe back to these shows and finally rid ourselves of prepubescent teenage looking girls dancing in lingerie on the runway. 

1 minute ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Well...yea, she performed BEFORE those remarks Ed said were made public and the hairstylists who did hair this year also condemned Ed for his comments after the show. It’s not like they knew.

But it isn’t like this is an out of the blue revelation. 

You would be stupid to think that they didn’t typecast before. They only made it public what they have already been doing. It doesn’t take a genius to see that. 

I’m not surprised with the low ratings, they BARELY promoted the show at all this year and most people didn’t even know it was on last night since they’re not used to it being on a Sunday and on ABC no less. People are asleep and getting ready for work/school and also Ed’s comments didn’t really help either. I’m just shocked that since it’s Adriana’s farewell, Behati’s return, the nepo models walking and Shawn Mendes performing that would’ve at least skyrocketed the ratings but guess not..VS never learns. Overall, I did enjoy the show...definitely better than last years. I give it a 7.2/10.

1 minute ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

CW always shows the second airing anyway right? Like a few weeks after the show I believe. Honestly, I think it’s time to move VS to FX or HBO so we can finally bring the SEXY, naughty vibe back to these shows and finally rid ourselves of prepubescent teenage looking girls dancing in lingerie on the runway. 

I was thinking about premium networks, but they wouldnt get much from it. It wont increase new subscriptions or anything and it's such a huge production to begin with.  

Viewers:

2013: 9.7 million viewers 

2014: 9.2 million viewers 

2015: 6.6 million viewers 

2016: 6.5 million viewers 

2017: 4.9 million viewers 

2018: 3.2 million viewers 

The numbers change depending on the source, but there isn't a big difference. This was just to show how irrelevant the show has become 🤣