Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

31 minutes ago, Clauds said:

So I'm watching the little segments we've gotten so far, and is it me or Miss Palvin got a lot of screentime? So far I've seen her more than Kendull, Gigi and even Behati and Candice.

It's the opposite, imo. In the Golden segment I could barely see her, while it was better in the Downtown segment but that's maybe cuz she was more covered? I hate them. She even walks way better than three quarters of the models there. While, imo, they stayed like 8758654646 minutes on Winnie, they didn't miss even one single step of her walk.

Besides that, the whole show was kinda underwhelming. One of the few things I liked was the fact that compared to pictures, most of the outfits were so sparkly and this made me like the outfits waaaay more than in the pics and the PINK segment was the most entertaining one because of those 2-3 crazy af models who acted as if they were super drunk. :rofl: 

The Adriana farewell thing was pretty moving even for me who I've never been a fan of and I admit she was in better shape than previous years, so too bad she goes just cuz of this.

And wth Candice gave birth not long ago and she has such a tiiiiiiiiiiiiny waist and toned body I need to know her secret.

31 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Speaking of Josephine, girlfriend looked miserable in that segment :rofl: i don't even like her but I feel bad for her, the outfit was a wreck and Josephine has a great body, I'm not sure why they would cover her up like that.

Yeah she for sure looked so NOT happy about wearing that thing and the parachute didn't help her good walk because she had to bend to hold that heavy parachute :rofl: for sure the outfit was a mess and I guess she couldn't even choose another outfit like many others could, but in the end I wouldn't give it a total zero because the fact that it was sparkly made it a bit more decent.

I still have to see Flights of Fancy, Celestial, Pink and all the in-betweem segments but so far my faves are Grace and Barbara who I still think got plenty of screentime in both her segments, I was bummed they didn't show Dylan but at the same time I'm happy because it allows Barbara be her own person instead of being X person's girlfriend/daughter

I reaaaaaaaallly liked the show this year omg

- Candice Candice Candice, Elsaaaaaaaaa, Frida, Kelly Gale, Grace Bol in Celestial, Lais, Sara in Celestial

- Rita Ora was so great and her pose in the end was everything

- Nadine

- The editing of the show was really great

- The Struts have such perfect music for the show. And they didn't even perform Primadonna Like Me (which should've been used and for the opening instead of the church song)

- Celestial was everythingggggggggggg (literally the entire lineup, outfits, performers, editing, walks and everyone's poses were so amazing) (we even got to see Elsa and Candice together backstage during it) 

- Golden Angel was sooooo gooooooooddddddddd

- Here's something positive about the MK segment: the close up in Josephine's pose was really nice with her hair blowing and all :)

Also side note: Sanne should've been in this year in Golden Angel, and Robin Holzken should've been in Downtown Angels

Here's my recap

Overall - much better than last year.  I watched with some "leypeople" and was so surprised by what they pay attention too.  They were gagging over kendall, gigi, bella, so i totally understand why VS hires them.  No one knows who like, frida is.  they also loved barbara palvin and thought she had one of the best bodies.  There was one straight guy with us who went to bed half way through... as much as they say it's a sex-fuelled show i feel i agree with ed/monica that it really is for women (and gay men)

Editing - was a little better, I feel like the enclosed set made it feel like we were a lot closer to the models, etc.  the stadium vibe last year was a bit cold.  they still rarely show girls walking anymore.  Like... give Yasmin's walk some farken attention!  Some models only got their pose captured, but then we get footage of girls dancing down the runway.  no.  whoever edits makes some weird choices too, like cuts away from great walks/ poses, but then gives Alexina full screentime for that disaster and also includes lais having her boot caught in the celestial cape.  why?!  hide that shit.

Music - much better than last year.  All had good tempo etc.  I think the opening song was my least favorite just cos it was not a big impactful moment.  

Glam Royale - Taylor... snooze.  She is SO beautiful why does she always look so bored and scared during this show.  I was hoping for her dark angels kind of segment opening but no.  Alexina is absolute garbage and looks way too amateur.  laughable, really. only other standout was Yasmin who slayed the entire show tbh.  Her walk and pose were on point. Josephine really really does hunch.

Golden Angels - Candice always great, but her like rock chick style kissing and such def fits downtown angels more.  it worked well in balmain last year.  Grace is beautiful and pose was great but mid catwalk twirl was a bit much.  barbara p pose was great. music was real good in this segment I feel.  no other standouts for me really.  also did Jasmine have the exact same outfit twice.  those wings look identical.  Romee's closing got so interrupted by the performers. also putting barbara after stella was a bad decision.

Adriana - cry.  but also, so lame when she laid on the catwalk.  I'd be fuming if i was alessandra.  the montage was great.  her walk was a bit lacklustre just waving and such.

Flights of Fancy - martha opening was amazing.  v strong.  good to see toni but she didnt look her radiant self.  i thought elsa's walk was superb. she is so gorgeous.  I want more Frida.  she is STUNNING.  halsey was great.  bella eh.  love her though. i think this was my fave outfit section.  also loved alanna.  such a beautiful body and face.  she should be an angel - v girl next door athletic vibe

Pink - looked SO SO cheap. that silvery fabric was atrocious. next. everyone bar grace was completely forgettable.

MK - shocking outfits.  beautiful shawn.  jasmine meh. jo stop hunching!  she literally looked at shawn like "yeah fk i know this is bad".  WHY DID THEY PUT YASMIN IN THAT. they gave alexina two outfits and only one to shanina/ frida/ georgia.  come on VS. sui is utterly forgettable

Downtown Angels - rita looked great and loved teh song.  atrocious they only gave georgia one outfit.  I'm surprised they didnt put candice in here, she is a downtown girl. strong close by martha in a great outfit tbh.  martha's had a great memorable year.

celestial angel - lais wow but edit out her awkward shoe moment please. candice is incredible we stan. taylor was SO bad.  like girl, come on.  Romee looked amazing but i feel i wasnt wowed by her this year.  elsa is insane. GRACE PUT YOUR GODDAMN ARMS DOWN.  Sara always does that hip pop pose. snooze.  loved adriana refusing to leave the stage.