Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

15 hours ago, Clauds said:

They don't, just the "big" names like The Hadids and Kendull, girls like Kelly Gale, Cheyenne and others don't, they walk because of the PR that leads to more jobs

Thanks.. always wondered about this..

VS seems to be showing clips of Barbara whenever they can. YAY

i DO NOT like Jasmine(not even sure why.. maybe perceived attitude)... but she looked great there... 

On 11/22/2018 at 7:29 AM, Clauds said:

They don't, just the "big" names like The Hadids and Kendull, girls like Kelly Gale, Cheyenne and others don't, they walk because of the PR that leads to more jobs

Does it, tho? In the last few years, have we actually seen models’ careers get a boost as a result of having the VS show on their resume? Genuinely asking because even the actual Angels’ careers outside of VS aren’t noteworthy. Grace Elizabeth is probably the only one I’d say has gotten a boost, but her resume compared to that of contracted Angels leads me to believe that VS’s impact on her rise in fashion was fairly small. 

Inb4 people keep claiming the finale order was a coincidence and VS isn't pushing Jas, Tay and Elsa Top Tier Angels and this was all a coincidence :rofl: 

5 hours ago, tippi12 said:

Does it, tho? In the last few years, have we actually seen models’ careers get a boost as a result of having the VS show on their resume? Genuinely asking because even the actual Angels’ careers outside of VS aren’t noteworthy. Grace Elizabeth is probably the only one I’d say has gotten a boost, but her resume compared to that of contracted Angels leads me to believe that VS’s impact on her rise in fashion was fairly small. 

It does.

While scoring Vogue covers may look more important, VS does lead to more commercial/catalog jobs like H&M, UO and those and that's where the money is. Most of times editorials and runway won't pay at all.

5 hours ago, tippi12 said:

Even if VS is so bad nowadays it still helps models get more jobs and they get more exposure. They get more commercial work. E-commerce, they work with Calzedonia, SI, Elle, Etam, Revolve and those things. 

A lot of VS models also walk for Balmain cause Olivier loves them 😂 Roos de Kok booked the campaing after being on the show and she got a Harper's Bazaar cover. Kelsey Merritt went from 400k to 1 million because of VS and she worked with Vogue for the first time. Gizele also got plenty of followers after helping Ming and she has been working more than before. 

Grace said it herself the impact that VS had in her career, but she made the most out of the exposure that she had because of the show. Basically she delivered good work, she proved that she can do both HF and commercial and she made good relationships with casting directors, designers, photographers, etc...

11 hours ago, Clauds said:

Inb4 people keep claiming the finale order was a coincidence and VS isn't pushing Jas, Tay and Elsa Top Tier Angels and this was all a coincidence :rofl: 

*puts head in sand and refuses to listen*

Should have been Candice, Behati and Adriana walking down that runway at the end. 

Was never a Romee fan.. but her blog has me addicted though it does get a tiny bit repetitive if you binge it.. She is gorgeous though.  *Laurens is so dreamy*

5 hours ago, ivancica said:

Why they didn't leave it at this for the runaway?

It might be too colorful for some but I kinda like it.

I would've been fine with the MK section if they had kept the linegeire at pieces like this. Covering the girls up in pants and long sleeves....that was in such bad taste, this is a lingerie show and these girls work themselves so hard all year to be covered up? NO....F you, VS and F you Mary Katranzou or however you spell your name. I hated that segment so much for so many reasons. Shawn was cute though and I don't even know who he is...but he's cute lol

Don't know if it's been said, but they are using Lais' last year FB outfit to do promo for this year's fashion show. 

A woman posted a selfie with it and tagged Lais, but apparently she deleted it cause I can't find it anywhere.

this is the pic if I remember right, and of course there are the ads as 'vs fashion show airing december 2nd" bla bla 

DP16sp7XcAAp2-B.jpg

4 hours ago, Dipit said:

offffffffc they would play on this 

Why not. Winnie has the potential to be quite the spokesperson for anyone who finds a flaw in themselves. 

Maybe something like this will keep the attention focused on positives of the show rather than negatives.

I am by no means a Winnie fan. I do not know much about her and have heard she has a bad attitude. However, VS and ABC need all of the gimmicks they can get right now.I am not sure if I would prefer a Winnie segment, or a Kardashian segment... (Both sound amaaaaazing <-- sarcasm)

8 hours ago, llekel said:

Why not. Winnie has the potential to be quite the spokesperson for anyone who finds a flaw in themselves. 

Maybe something like this will keep the attention focused on positives of the show rather than negatives.

I am by no means a Winnie fan. I do not know much about her and have heard she has a bad attitude. However, VS and ABC need all of the gimmicks they can get right now.I am not sure if I would prefer a Winnie segment, or a Kardashian segment... (Both sound amaaaaazing <-- sarcasm)

I agree, I don't see why they wouldn't have Winnie doing press like this. I too have heard she has a bad attitude, but she did well in her interview. I do think she can help others, especially those who have phsyical flaws, to see that they've got other things about them that are just wonderful. Winnie is a model and walking the VS runway and dating Wiz Khalifa of whatever....her skin probably bothered her for a long time and now she's using it to her advantage. Hell yeah to that. 

If she does have a nasty attitude though, she should knock it off. I don't care how much you've been through, (Idk much about her but I bet she was bullied), don't act like an asshole and be a bully yourself. It doesn't work that way. I hope those rumors are not true, but Idk.