Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

ANGELS: I appreciate that so far VS seems to have kept the attention on the Angels this year, they all got the openings/closings and all the big moments from the show. Still, 11 is too much and I'd cut some girls and not add anyone. I'd keep a lineup of seven: Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Taylor, Lais and add Grace and Lorena Rae to the lineup. I adore Romee, Martha and Stella but they have never really stood out for me, Bee looked gorgeous but she lost her spark to me. Sara and Josephine I simply don't like, for different reasons but I just don't like so bye. Adriana got the goodbye we all wanted and more importantly, the farewell she deserved after 20 years, it's the end of an era for sure but I'm happy it was dealt with the right way.

Just out of curiosity, why not? Josephine is the only angel apart from Sara that I like so I'm sort of the opposite of you. Candice I can take or leave

41 minutes ago, pamp_lusa said:

Just out of curiosity, why not? Josephine is the only angel apart from Sara that I like so I'm sort of the opposite of you. Candice I can take or leave

I don't like Josephine's look, she has a great body but I'm not a huge fan of her face and I also don't vibe with her attitude, she's too extra and I like more chilled girls I guess, I find her annoying :idk: Sara is gorgeous but I don't like her for other personal reasons that I ain't discussing. I do understand why other people like them tho. 

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

As for the show, I finally took the time to go through all the models, outfits/segments in detail so ...

WELCOME TO MY TED TALK 

CASTING: While I did like 42/60 models, this was still so so so crowded, I baffles me that good sis Georgia Fowler got just one outift, same for Duckie and Leomie. We did not need 60 models. I would take it back to 40-45 models and make sure the Angels get the three outfits and stand out so they don't get lost in the crowd.

Absolutely agree,  I think the angels should also be allowed to choose their own looks, before other models and they should have their own segment with this third look.

ANGELS: I appreciate that so far VS seems to have kept the attention on the Angels this year, they all got the openings/closings and all the big moments from the show

OUTFITS/SEGMENTS: I liked the fact that we had seven segments because I like a longer show. I'm still lost at the concept behind Glam Royale and Golden Girls? Maybe I'm stupid but IDK where they came from. Overall i think the outfits are the best ones we've had since 2014, and sure, there were some truly awful outfits in Downtown Angels and missmatched patterns in Glam Royale but still in both segments we had really strong ones and even Pink was good for the most part. The MK segment was awful, completely terrible and I wish I hadn't seen it, probably one of the worst segments in the show's history. But still, I liked most of them and Celestial Angels was so beautiful, one of my favorite segments they've done in recent years, so many good outfits. Flights of Fancy was also really good, so simple and beautiful. However my favorite segment was the Adriana segment lmao, I'll take a segment with her any day. Something I also liked was that there were less wings this year and I feel like that makes it more special, I'm more than fine with none of the newbies getting wings.

Actually Sara did not get opening or closing so not for all of them but since you don't like ( I actually adores her) I get why you forget ;)

Regarding segments I agree Celestial Angels was so amazing I think it will be one of my top 10 favorite segment. I really like Flights of Fancy as well.

PERFORMERS: This is a hard one, I hated all of them except Shawn and The Struts, so I would have kept them + Halsey for PR reasons, other than that what a mess it was. I feel like that awful perfomance really did 100% fuck up Taylor's opening because what a slow beat song, it also didn't fit the vibe of the segment at all. As many suggested, I would have done The Struts in GR and then maybe this Leela person in CA? IDK i think the song was terrible anyway. The Chainsmokers suck so yikes that. Bebe's song was appropiate for her, her voice, her singing and her career: A mess. The good thing is that everyone (except Shawn and Halsey) is so irrelevant that they shouldn't steal the girl's thunder.

Overall I liked the show better than 2015-2017, I hope VS doesn't fuck up the editing but so far I'll give this show a 8/10. I'll give my second round of opinions after that. In the meantime, thanks for coming to my TED talk! 

👍

I agree with your opinion about performance especially The Struts song suits the runway very well. Leela song was a mess, I think this segment was at least for me kind of rocky, and Tylor is just not the best opener so with this song they did not make her any justice.  I also don't think it's good song for the opening. I hope for the editing more similar to 2012 or 2008.

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

I don't like Josephine's look, she has a great body but I'm not a huge fan of her face and I also don't vibe with her attitude, she's too extra and I like more chilled girls I guess, I find her annoying :idk: Sara is gorgeous but I don't like her for other personal reasons that I ain't discussing. I do understand why other people like them tho. 

Josephine seems lovely to me, granted, I don’t follow models as closely as some of you but she actually strikes me as the friendliest and most agreeable of the bunch. But different strokes for different folks hey

The article links @PinkCouture posted, here’s a segment of it that is some of what we’ve been saying all along! :DanniCullen:

...“Looking back, the Victoria’s Secret brand has taken a number of steps that Wells Fargo thinks have ultimately led to “more bad than good” including: ending the catalog, which had an annual circulation of 250 million, reducing direct mail offers and eliminating the swim and apparel categories.”...

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

ANGELS: I appreciate that so far VS seems to have kept the attention on the Angels this year, they all got the openings/closings and all the big moments from the show. Still, 11 is too much and I'd cut some girls and not add anyone. I'd keep a lineup of seven: Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Taylor, Lais and add Grace and Lorena Rae to the lineup. I adore Romee, Martha and Stella but they have never really stood out for me, Bee looked gorgeous but she lost her spark to me. Sara and Josephine I simply don't like, for different reasons but I just don't like them so bye. Adriana got the goodbye we all wanted and more importantly, the farewell she deserved after 20 years, it's the end of an era for sure but I'm happy it was dealt with the right way.

I agree that they probably should cut the number of Angels down a bit. I also think they should cut the total number of models walking the show, but as long as the attention is kept on the Angels it's not that much of an issue.

Personally I'd definitely keep Candice, Martha, Lais and Elsa. Romee and Josephine would be my on my maybe list.

I'd love for the swimsuit line to come back to VS. It is one of the most endearing considering that Candice was the first reason to draw attention to this catalog. I always found the swimsuit clothes more beautiful than the lingerie, tbh. If they came to retake it, I hope they do not ruin it as the terrible quality in lingerie designs.

36 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

I'd love for the swimsuit line to come back to VS. It is one of the most endearing considering that Candice was the first reason to draw attention to this catalog. I always found the swimsuit clothes more beautiful than the lingerie, tbh. If they came to retake it, I hope they do not ruin it as the terrible quality in lingerie designs.

And they did bra sizes that actually fit me. I'm still holding onto a few bikinis I have from a few seasons ago because they fit. I'll be happy if they brought it back!

Dilone was never confirmed, she went to castings like everyone else and didn't make the cut after callbacks.

I do think however something went down with the outfits, IIRC both Winnie and Zuri had both confirmed they had multiple looks? I can't remember Zuri for sure but Winnie did 100% talk about her looks, so I wonder if her second look ended up going to someone else last minute?

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Dilone was never confirmed, she went to castings like everyone else and didn't make the cut after callbacks.

I do think however something went down with the outfits, IIRC both Winnie and Zuri had both confirmed they had multiple looks? I can't remember Zuri for sure but Winnie did 100% talk about her looks, so I wonder if her second look ended up going to someone else last minute?

Winnie had 2 looks - Flight and MK.

FA08A775-4279-485F-8BB6-CCE9C3881DD4.png B71641EF-1BD2-47C9-B337-11103BE50203.png

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

Zury wasn't confirmed, her comments were just confusing 👀

IMG_20181114_005801.thumb.jpg.77f6ee1c72454f2fc04a9adc1695c356.jpgIMG_20181114_005814.thumb.jpg.963e7fa133bf8f7837a4c490c3726ed2.jpg

9 hours ago, conjab2013 said:

Winnie had 2 looks - Flight and MK.

FA08A775-4279-485F-8BB6-CCE9C3881DD4.png B71641EF-1BD2-47C9-B337-11103BE50203.png

OH! I completely blocked her ugly ass MK outfit :rofl: 

Zuri's thing is weird for sure tho, I was sure she'd finally get two looks but it actually seems like she's getting dropped :ninja: