Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

1 hour ago, toodarnhot said:

I was actually thinking about his “selling a fantasy” comment today, and mentally rolled my eyes at it again. You’re selling bra and panties. The show is an hour long commercial.  Just seems like bad business sense to “speak your mind” when you’re trying to sell a product to some of these women. 

Also...I’m prime VS demographic and I can say that very very few of my friends have any interest or respect for VS. Most of my friends don’t even watch the show- they’re more likely to be making fun of it.  They all love Rihanna’s Savage line,  and Adore Me and Aerie over VS, and sure, VS can keep selling this “fantasy” but it’s not going to make them money if they don’t adapt. :idk: 

Totally agree.  I read the interview, and as someone who is neither plus-size nor trans, it still sounded insensitive and outdated. Even if they do target a specific customer base, he could have worded it a bit better to try and sound less like an a-hole.  Also agree about eyerolling the "fantasy."  Many of my friends don't care about fantasy bodies.  They might have very briefly in their younger years, but they live in and care about the realism of their own bodies now.  I texted my friend the other day about Adriana leaving, and she told me she hadn't watched the VSFS in 6 years. This "fantasy" that VS is selling is obviously not a guaranteed formula for them, if their declining sales in the last few years are anything to look at.

11 minutes ago, Clauds said:

It doesn't happen just with them tho. The amount of times Romee, Martha and Elsa have been wrongly ID-ed is ridiculous, this is just lazy and lame journalism o.o

I showed my BFF (who tolerates this time of the year for me because she knows how excited I get so she gets interested and wants to see the outfits) Romee's SO outfit and she thought it was Candice at first. 

3 hours ago, Aurora Dawn said:

Totally agree.  I read the interview, and as someone who is neither plus-size nor trans, it still sounded insensitive and outdated. Even if they do target a specific customer base, he could have worded it a bit better to try and sound less like an a-hole.  Also agree about eyerolling the "fantasy."  Many of my friends don't care about fantasy bodies.  They might have very briefly in their younger years, but they live in and care about the realism of their own bodies now.  I texted my friend the other day about Adriana leaving, and she told me she hadn't watched the VSFS in 6 years. This "fantasy" that VS is selling is obviously not a guaranteed formula for them, if their declining sales in the last few years are anything to look at.

This x100.

One of my biggest issues was the wording of it all. It was all pretty tone deaf, as was the apology he issued. It reminded me of the apology that Urban Meyer gave earlier this year where it almost made everything worse because it was clearly insincere and done so only because of pressure from outside sources. It's another example that he, and honestly their creative team, are out of touch. VS should of course be allowed to run their company as they wish, but they have to realize that the world is changing and their higher ups don't seem to be changing with it. At least not in a way that they can navigate through everything successfully while sticking to their guns or whatever.

8 hours ago, Dipit said:

That’s so frustrating. I’ll still be keeping up with your account though. ❤️

Ahh Thank-you! :)❤ To be honest I was going to use this as an opportunity to move onto other things and I don't really think I'll be restarting the account. Was fun though haha! 💙

8 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

I'm guessing it was a condition that came with the invitations? Like, if you accept, any and all footage you take will belong to VS?

Probably! Although it seems they just bulk reported all my posts including photos. And if they're going up against copyright I'm hardlyyy the account to go for haha. A couple of us think it came from the paparazzi guy who took up skirt photos of Martha and had a cry about it haha. I made the story calling him out & he creepily started following accounts who had reposted my story (but couldn't do me as I had him blocked...)

Anyway I'm probably getting off topic from the thread & doesnt matter much now anyway haha

I did like the outfits alot more this year so that's a plus :) And I loved seeing them push the newer Angels like Jas/Lais/Tay/Elsa a bit more. Although I think it's all inevitably a bit too little too late which I'm a bit sad about...  

I expect the ratings and viewership to be lower than usual this year and that breaks my heart because I really wanted my faves to get the attention they deserved :/ I expect the viewership to be 2-4 million max...maybe Shawn Mendes performing will help the ratings have a significant rise? but I highly doubt it at this point. VS just continues to dig their own grave.