Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Idk if this was posted, but Behati was asked how long she thinks she's willing to be in the show and she replied "Maybe another 10 years?" Maybe it was a nervous answer just to get the woman out of the way and not sparkle the rumor she might be gone, but I'm genuinely thinking that she had this thought of maybe doing the show and then say goodbye, but then saw how much she missed it and the energy and everything else and now she's rinconsidering it.

12 hours ago, tippi12 said:

As expected, Ed & Monica’s interview with Vogue is starting to go viral on twitter and people are not happy. 

Usually, social media outrage stays on social media but I don’t think this will. 

Ed really stuck his whole ass foot in his mouth. There’s a difference between not wanting to pander or be politically correct and straight up using an outdated business model with lame justifications for it.

Please tell me what was so bad about the things he said? Nothing. He expressed his opinion without sugar-coating anything. He was shading ThirdLove but the CEO of ThirdLove responded to it on IG like a petty little feminist bitch, calling the VS Angels "disgusting misogynist perception of women".

4 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

Please tell me what was so bad about the things he said? Nothing. He expressed his opinion without sugar-coating anything. He was shading ThirdLove but the CEO of ThirdLove responded to it on IG like a petty little feminist bitch, calling the VS Angels "disgusting misogynist perception of women".

+1 I found Ed’s words very true and honest about how they manage the brand.

2 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

There's no lie, PINK was a mess. They picked the right song :rofl: 

Side note, what can a guy buy from VS's VS x Mary Katrantzou collection? 

Yes, i'm very disappointed about segment Pink, it look very weird, sad,  and no wing for models official pink

so here i am back for the annual show and i tell you again that the show looks like shit again. what a surprise. I prefer Etam at this point

Candices outfit actually had a lot of potential IMO,without the T-shirt and just a regular bra it wouldve looked pretty good. Too bad VSFS has absolute zero sense of style. looks like my 2 year old niece styled them

and is it just me or do all angels have the exact same personality? bland and boring

My first impression of the show were so underwhelming that I had nothing to say about it.

Opening the show with a collection that pales in comparison to the Scottish-segment in 2006 already came with a lukewarm reception on my behalf. The pattern was painted on the fabric and the coloring is too pale which makes it look cheap. Instead of painting it, the patterns should have been embroidered.

"Golden Angels" has a very weird theme. What theme is it to begin with? It looks like a (con)fusion of baroque fashion and today's fashion. Same thing with "Downtown Angels". What theme is it and what does it have to do with downtown?

PINK is as bad as always but who would have thought that another segment could be even worse? Mary K, if I was the VSFS designer I would have fired you to present me such a mess and expect me to market it under my brand. Ed said that he was sceptical about her collection but later on changed his mind. He should have stuck to his gut feeling.

"Flights of fantasy" was decent. Big thumbs up for "Celestial Angels" - great wings! 

Music? .... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! 

I would die to get the opportunity to revamp the show. That's what I have been doing with past shows. I either put my own spin on outfits of the show like this

441715568_CarolineWinberg.thumb.jpg.58483851f349e86492e26e4e4fb74966.jpg96360126_JoanSmalls09.thumb.jpg.e9a25d660db6900d3f659f30a8c7a7e0.jpg

or I draw originals like to the segments like these:

(1st for 2012's Angels in Bloom, 2nd for 2008's Dangerous and 3rd for 2012's circus)

49384688_AlessandraAmbrosiobloom.thumb.jpg.26f6b42031ff7d1042832017d0c735f9.jpgIMG.thumb.jpg.407333057ff376a77aa7a0f70672ef41.jpgjuggler.thumb.jpg.0404fde888e84a3fc9bda2da973d442e.jpg

Now I am revamping the 2013 show and I will replace some segments with original segments, including a Zodiac segment, a bridal segment and a Magician's assistant segment.

two cents about the Transgender issue:

uh yeah...I do not in anyway have resentment or hate towards the LGBT+ community, in fact I actually admire them because they have been fighting for their rights and pushing against societal discrimination far too long. I also have gay friends who I love dearly. Although I will say this...I think Ed really meant on what he said that he's not gonna have transgender models in the show. I think it was good to see how honest he was and how he does not conform to the pressures of the PC crowd. He can have his opinion and his initial opinion was that he doesn't want to include transmodels for some exclusivity reasons. Maybe his intention was to pushed the fact that the VSFS was this exclusive show that's why maybe he said those things...I can also understand maybe he was just high on a little arrogance when he said that. He flexed so that the show can add press or something.

DrkpFypX0AEusbh.thumb.jpg.7b91a6b2c32b6eb99a463930c20ab4e2.jpgDrkpFypWoAA2_lu.thumb.jpg.a6c5d623a4073dcb834eebb561202fb9.jpg

about ed's words..., ''we market to who we sell to, and we don't market to the whole word'' what i understand is that they sell to women, but if you talked about transgender women and plus size women before and then say  ''we don't market to the whole world'', it's like you're saying you don't sell to these women. about the ''shouldn't you have transsexuals in the show? no, no, I don't think we should'', it's like if you say that you shouldn't have black models in the show. you're trying to sell this lingerie to women but plus size women, transgender women, black women... are women too. i get vs has a type of women and i'm not saying they should have plus size models, because it's not the type they always represented, but what about transgender women? if they have the body... i don't see the problem. idk i think vs needs to upgrade

I think they should definitely change up their casting, but it doesn't have to be extreme. Literally just include one or two trans models and some curvier girls. They don't have to be morbidly obese, but you can be thicker than the average VS model and still look great.

2 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

If it’s not painfully obvious to you what was so bad about what Ed said, then I’m positive that I won’t be able to change your mind and therefore will not waste my breath trying to. 

Anyway, Ed’s “apology” is not going over well. At all. Really hopeful that this does not impact the ratings of Adriana’s last show, but I genuinely believe this outrage will not just stay on social media. They now have an issue that far exceeds the fact that people don’t watch live tv anymore.

39 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

DrkpFypX0AEusbh.thumb.jpg.7b91a6b2c32b6eb99a463930c20ab4e2.jpgDrkpFypWoAA2_lu.thumb.jpg.a6c5d623a4073dcb834eebb561202fb9.jpg

about ed's words..., ''we market to who we sell to, and we don't market to the whole word'' what i understand is that they sell to women, but if you talked about transgender women and plus size women before and then say  ''we don't market to the whole world'', it's like you're saying you don't sell to these women. about the ''shouldn't you have transsexuals in the show? no, no, I don't think we should'', it's like if you say that you shouldn't have black models in the show. you're trying to sell this lingerie to women but plus size women, transgender women, black women... are women too. i get vs has a type of women and i'm not saying they should have plus size models, because it's not the type they always represented, but what about transgender women? if they have the body... i don't see the problem. idk i think vs needs to upgrade

They need a major upgrade, but this is what happens when your Chief Marketing Officer is a 70-year-old straight male. His ideas of “fantasy” are outdated and he’s not willing to believe that any woman other than his type could possibly be fantasized about. That’s really the problem; the fact that he states quite blatantly that the reason they haven’t included trans women or women above a size 4 is because they don’t fall in line with the “fantasy,” as if his fantasy is every other person’s fantasy at home.

31 minutes ago, tippi12 said:

If it’s not painfully obvious to you what was so bad about what Ed said, then I’m positive that I won’t be able to change your mind and therefore will not waste my breath trying to. 

Anyway, Ed’s “apology” is not going over well. At all. Really hopeful that this does not impact the ratings of Adriana’s last show, but I genuinely believe this outrage will not just stay on social media. They now have an issue that far exceeds the fact that people don’t watch live tv anymore.

I don't think it will affect Adriana, she proved more then once she has no problem with transgenders, even talking positively in public for a transgender model in an interview by her own initiative.

The press already made it Adriana's show this year, whatever VS wants to promote it this way too or not.

People will watch and praise her goodbye regardless of this issue VS caught itself into, she is more representative of the brand then any CEO, and she has always said and worked by the message that VS was about empowering women and making them feel confident and good with themselves. The fact that VS changed in its values is imo one of the many reasons she changed this year her decision of still being with them, along with other factors (like not using her anymore for anything because she appeals woman and not teenagers...).

But in the future I agree, this stupid and offensive behaviour is going to cost them, a lot.

I think people took this the wrong way. I think what Ed meant to say is that he won't cast trans models JUST because they are trans and to join the PC bullshit. He'll cast them based on how they look and their work, just like any other model who attends castings.

Valentina Sampaio was at castings this year, she simply didn't make the cut this year, doesn't mean she'll never get the show. 

I agree with @DonSimon and @VSfan88 , I like that Ed didn't back down and try to pander to everyone. If VS doesn't want plus size and transgender, then cool bc that's their prerogative. I would personally include those models in my show (haha as if I'd have a fashion show, I wear all black lol), but just because a lot of the world wants VS to include them, doesn't mean VS has to. I hope VS doesn't include anyone they don't like just because they feel pressured to by the general population. Do what you wanna do, VS.

Some thoughts about the VSFS:

-Barbara was the main girl I was excited for. Her outfits both sucked and I wanted her to have wings, but I'm not surprised she didn't.  like her because that's more in line with my body shape. So her body is relatable but her FACE OMG THE FACE. she has the most beauitful face, she looked the most strikingly beautiful. She is my favorite model from the show. 

-Taylor's opening looks like it sucked big time and she looked nervous. Should've had Jasmine open it and Taylor open a segment or something. She's not opening level caliber and needs to not do that again until she's ready to amp up the crowd (and herself, she looked bored).

-The tartan segment was pretty awesome! Barbara should've been in that one and Alexina should've been in the Downtown mess. Many of those outfits were amazing and Behati looked great, she looked so happy to be back after what I thought would be her last show bc she seemed sooooo over VS. Now she's got the bug again lol. 

-Celestial Angels is beautiful, I loved Elsa's and Lais' outfits! 

-I keep staring at Aiden's face when I see pictures of her, she is gorgeous. 

-Lorena's outfit and walk sucked but she's young, keep trying girl cause you are STUNNING

-Gigi looks like she's struggling with something mentally/internally. She looked so sad but when she smiled she looked better. I hope she's ok cause the "fake it till you make it" thing didn't seem to be working for her. 

-Kendall looks good, I hope she never works for VS aside from the VSFS, but I want to see her keep coming back. I could do without Bella and Gigi though

-Love that Grace opened PINK 3 years in a row! And that she had another mainline outfit this year. She's definitely going to be an Angel.

2 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I think people took this the wrong way. I think what Ed meant to say is that he won't cast trans models JUST because they are trans and to join the PC bullshit. He'll cast them based on how they look and their work, just like any other model who attends castings.

Valentina Sampaio was at castings this year, she simply didn't make the cut this year, doesn't mean she'll never get the show. 

I agree, but he did a huge mistake on the way he said it, sounding really offensive even if it wasn't his intention. And it's not the first time VS does this kind of bullshit with not well tought statements, offending each time someone new. They have to learn to go back to the old days when they were just a lingerie brand selling a fantasy and trying to make women feel good about themsleves, nothing else. If the other brands accuse them, well they should just ignore it and focus on being a good brand (that they are not anymore), and let the results speak.