Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

2 minutes ago, Freak said:

Same girl, and pretty sure they are going to give him all the attention and im so here for it

giphy.gif

Same. Can we have him shirtless too? I mean just so he fits well with the models and stuff.  

2 minutes ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

We are the most productive unproductive group of degenerates on all the interwebs. #Proud

Take that reddits users who post about cartoon's conspiracy theories. 

1 minute ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

so basically we’re just the U.S./Mexican border disguised as a fashion forum. Nice.

The funny thing about this is the fact that I really am in the U.S/Mexico border. I live here. Good to know that I am making my locality proud on here.

4 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

I get your point and it's a strong one, but for some reason, whenever I think "VS Angels" I have these two images in mind:

adrianalimafan.com-runway2005-0245.jpg supermodel.pictures-vsfs2003-1401.jpg

I miss KK! They did her so dirty towards the end of her Angel career. If I’m  being honest, I miss everyone in the photos. 

With Liu confirmed today and the statement about the show having 60 models. This is it, this is the cast of this year, unless something changed last minute. First rows + Sui are the contracted models/Angels/Spokespersons, then the returning gals and last but not least the newbies.

Ashrbrjw o

All pictures are linked to VS one way or another, except for Yasmine's because I couldn't find an untagged picture of her casting day :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Fashionsketcher said:

They faded their interest in her, kinda Erin.

In 2010 she came back after her pregnancy and she wass no longer announced as an angel

VS didn't do KK dirty, KK left because she wanted to go. She, Izabel, Marisa, Rosie, Heidi and Doutzen all decided to end their contracts and there was no drama between them and VS, no one did anyone dirty. I think she walked in 2010 because she still had one last show in her contract but I can't remember right now.

I do miss KK tho, I think she, Adriana and Gisele are the three greatest Angels of all times, they really did have the full package and it's a shame we didn't get to see even more of them as a group, they were such a power trio 😢

12 minutes ago, phang.s said:

It’s not about glamorizing it, it’s about accepting people who have been marginalized over a condition that simply changes the pigment of skin. The ~disease is not dangerous or harmful in the slightest. Can’t even remember who said their sibling or whoever had it feels horrible about it...yes because of society. People like Winnie being accepted as beautiful despite her skin is what empowers people who have the condition and don’t feel beautiful and never see themselves represented.

Obviouslt not everyone with vitiligo is a model, but when they clearly can be but are not because of a harmless skin condition...it’s a problem.

If you want to say you don’t like that brands are jumping on this representation campaign for money and attention ok, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to get represented. 

Nowadays, it's almost transparent how brands hire based on skin colour. And note, not to discriminate, but now to earn that "social credit" for being so inclusive and open to diversity (even though you know before they portrayed no interest whatsoever in doing so). This is dangerous because, as I said previously, makes these brands, designers and the like of them attribute "forced" merit for the sake of their social status. Hence why models like Winnie are now often favoured for the sake of "diversity" even if subpar to their fellow coworkers. And ofc, not Winnie's fault or wrongdoing for taking the opportunities that are presented to her, but I speak for myself when I say I recognize those opportunities don't often come from a genuine, hard earned place, but rather from business rates for brands. We, the sheeple, couldn't care less about their skin colour. As long as the work is good, we're fine. Brands see money signs on "different" skin.

In short: brands want representation for social cred. Therefore hire whoever is unique. It happens that whoever is unique may not be the best. Brands don't care bc they still get their cred. That is how it's a disease: it's not as much as accepting beauty and uniqueness as it is a business.

Srry for any mistakeh, i's 2am here

Ps: these debates are healthy bc opposition improves our povs. Sorry i'm drunk in sleep now jfisnrks

2 minutes ago, Fashionsketcher said:

I didn't know I need this, But now it's All i want

Edit: The shorter, the better

Im gonna go and make an edit of that because thats the level of bored that I am, thanks VS. Excuse me, I'll be back in a minute.