Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

23 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

It's not even an ABC production, that is usually done by Hamish' Done + Dusted, with Ed and Monica's input. So even if ABC had creative control, the VS team would probably demand certain changes and whatnot...

True but correct me if im wrong because ABC is EXTREMELY powerful and because CBS gave up on VSFS and handed it over, I can imagine ABC putting their foot down when it comes to the promo of the show, edits and what to air and what not to air etc etc.  Sophia, Ed and Monica doesn’t mean shit to ABC if were being honest here...

41 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

Personally, I am kinda bummed about Taylor opening the show. I'd give her one more regular opening and then go from there. The opening should be a huge, explosive entrance. Taylor doesn't have that energy that someone like Jasmine, Candice, or Adriana have. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but damn what a missed opportunity they had with using either Behati or Jasmine. Even Josephine would be a better alternative.

I am incredibly underwhelmed.........The band is nice makes me feel like I am in my high school rock era phase..... but...,...

Taylor Hill better give me HF Taylor Hill not VS Taylor Hill. If you know. You know.

38 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

True but correct me if im wrong because ABC is EXTREMELY powerful and because CBS gave up on VSFS and handed it over, I can imagine ABC putting their foot down when it comes to the promo of the show, edits and what to air and what not to air etc etc.  Sophia, Ed and Monica doesn’t mean shit to ABC if were being honest here...

Wouldn't be so sure about it, especially because VS is the one selling the finished product, opposed to it being an ABC show in itself.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Jordan Rand...sis wyd? 

EA0F37DF-33EE-450D-99F5-54F5DBDC70DA.jpeg

She's not wrong. Being an Angel is supposed to be a privilege few models can achieve, and those wings are usually given to their best models, so lending them as a costume cheapens their meaning. Models work their asses off to get them, so I definitely see where she's coming from with her comment.

She is brave. I'm sure thats what most of them feel anyway. I know thats how I felt when I saw them.....in the lingerie and wings....it's just ........FIRE the marketing team!!!!! LOL. No one on day time television mentioned or recognized that "PR" stunt. It didn't "shut the internet down." It didn't do anything.  cringe. cringe. cringe. :dead_horse:

8 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

She's not wrong. Being an Angel is supposed to be a privilege few models can achieve, and those wings are usually given to their best models, so lending them as a costume cheapens their meaning. Models work their asses off to get them, so I definitely see where she's coming from with her comment.

Agreed but VS lost it’s legacy status years ago. Being an Angel and receiving wings doesn’t mean shit to VS, it’s no longer a privilege like it used to be for the very fierce, elite and top supermodels to work their asses off to being in the ranks. When you now have 13 Angels who only receive 2 looks during the show nowadays...the brand has lost every bit of its fantasy bombshell aspect in exchange for a cringy, teenager girl-next-door vibe that’s clearly not working in their favor. Trash attracts trash I guess. 

2 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

She is brave. I'm sure thats what most of them feel anyway. I know thats how I felt when I saw them.....in the lingerie and wings....it's just ........FIRE the marketing team!!!!! LOL. No one on day time television mentioned or recognized that "PR" stunt. It didn't "shut the internet down." It didn't do anything.  cringe. cringe. cringe. :dead_horse:

It only made real customers criticise the brand even more. The comments on the IG post are brutal.

The Struts are so good I'm excited for them I wish there were less performers so they could do two songs. Way too many performers, but I see how performers bring more viewers than remixes.. oh well. I most definitely think their song 'primadonna like me' will open the show. Halsey will be amazing too.

The show this year is gonna be so so good omg. Camera & editing departments please don't let us down. We need camera/editing like the 2013 show! 

edit: omg Elsa's lil dance at 4:14 I can't with her :wub:

5 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Agreed but VS lost it’s legacy status years ago. Being an Angel and receiving wings doesn’t mean shit to VS, it’s no longer a privilege like it used to be for the very fierce, elite and top supermodels to work their asses off to being in the ranks. When you now have 13 Angels who only receive 2 looks during the show nowadays...the brand has lost every bit of its fantasy bombshell aspect in exchange for a cringy, teenager girl-next-door vibe that’s clearly not working in their favor. Trash attracts trash I guess. 

As true as this is, VS and the show still have some sort of cult status, and at least for some models, it's exactly what they need to gain more recognition, so from an industry standpoint, booking the show and getting wings is still an important step towards being a household name. Sure, most people might not care about x or y model walking, but they will come out with more exposure and new fans, which in turn might bring them more contracts and whatnot.

8 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

It only made real customers criticise the brand even more. The comments on the IG post are brutal.

I couldn't bring myself to read the comments.....I was just tooooooo turned off. VS just fell down a big ass rabbit hole.

But I did notice the slight shade Candice had with her IG story post with the added "dots." LOL

5 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

I still remember how 2 months back, @DULOVEMEDO made jokes of Jordan riding her bike in to the runway :rofl: 

It could of went well with the rebel segment. She could of rode in on that bike. Now Taylor will have to ride solo to open the show. tsk tsk....missed opportunities. 

1 minute ago, VSBODY said:

The Struts are so good I'm excited for them I wish there were less performers so they could do two songs. Way too many performers, but I see how performers bring more viewers than remixes.. oh well. I most definitely think their song 'primadonna like me' will open the show. Halsey will be amazing too.

The show this year is gonna be so so good omg. Camera & editing departments please don't let us down. We need camera/editing like the 2013 show! 

Apparently there's a song with Rita Ora and Bebe Rexha together? So perhaps they'll share a segment and we can get a remix for another??