Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

2 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Yea I won’t comment on the brand itself. I’m a guy and have no idea what the strength of brand is because I don’t purchase their merchandise and know nothing of the industry. But as to the show, i think the viewership can be mostly explained by the tv environment we are in. 

Oh fair enough, no the show had uncharacteristically great ratings just five years ago when they booked huge acts like Taylor Swift and made a big event of it but the actual brands fall from grace is reflected in the show 

Just now, Afutureoffashi0n said:

Yeah and that’s because US award shows have also faced a difficult time because they too failed to innovate but also naturally because there’s no need to watch when you have social media or the vote is not close. You have to be in denial to ignore these figures for VS show the brands on the down

Innovate how exactly? It’s lingerie runway show. It is what it is. That’s not to say they can’t improve things. My main point is that the ratings declines have nothing to do with the angels and any perceived slight towards one and pushing of another. The general public knows next to nothing of these girls. 

4 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Yea I won’t comment on the brand itself. I’m a guy and have no idea what the strength of brand is because I don’t purchase their merchandise and know nothing of the industry. But as to the show, i think the viewership can be mostly explained by the tv environment we are in. 

Maybe half of it, but I don’t think VS would be dropping nearly as much if the show was better and they actually changed made changes. These award shows are dying also because they’re boring asf and no one is interested anymore. 

1 minute ago, MV007 said:

Innovate how exactly? It’s lingerie runway show. It is what it is. That’s not to say they can’t improve things. My main point is that the ratings declines have nothing to do with the angels and any perceived slight towards one and pushing of another. The general public knows next to nothing of these girls. 

Im Ngl you kind of need to understand the brand to understand the problems it has the angels and their lack of visibility is a part of why the show goes downhill - it has no alist factor hence why they beg the hadids and kendull

1 minute ago, phang.s said:

Maybe half of it, but I don’t think VS would be dropping nearly as much if the show was better and they actually changed made changes. These award shows are dying also because they’re boring asf and no one is interested anymore. 

Agreed. Attention spans are short now. I guess I would say vsfs isn’t the only show struggling to come to grips with this. Everyone is. 

47 minutes ago, MV007 said:

2 points. First, Taylor is going to kill in the opening. Why? Because 99% of the audience couldn’t tell the difference between the strongest walk and the weakest walk. Hardly anyone watching will give a shit about that. But what is undeniable is that Taylor is gorgeous and she’ll be wearing lingerie. That’s a recipe for success. 

As to the ratings. Ratings have been decreasing for every show on television for years. Viewership is down period for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with VS brand or marketing or anything VS controls.  But if you want to keep telling yourself it’s because VS is not embracing your snowflake or because VS is choosing to push some model you hate then go ahead and keep telling yourself that. 

Agree with both points!. Love Taylor and she did really well with her pervious 2 openings. Also, you can watch the show next day online and as many times as you want, which you couldn't  do that few years before. People want to watch it on their own time. VS is was and is still a market leader in women's lingerie. 

Just now, Sparkling said:

Agree with both points!. Love Taylor and she did really well with her pervious 2 openings. Also, you can watch the show next day online and as many times as you want, which you couldn't  do that few years before. People want to watch it on their own time. VS is was and is still a market leader in women's lingerie. 

Except you could - live events like these should build enough excitement to watch live. I also think the problem is that the whole show is basically on social media by the time it airs so there is no point

Just now, Afutureoffashi0n said:

Except you could - live events like these should build enough excitement to watch live. I also think the problem is that the whole show is basically on social media by the time it airs so there is no point

Which is a again a mistake on VS’ fault - I rest my case - also their grip will soften in the US and they cannot dominate international markets only have their toe’s in the water and if there isn’t enough money to invest then that’ll be that 

1 minute ago, Afutureoffashi0n said:

I think being live is interesting. I’m not positive it effects the ratings because when we are talking millions of viewers I don’t think enough people are seeking out vsfs info prior to the shows air date. 

4 minutes ago, Afutureoffashi0n said:

I agree that the whole show now is on social media, but for VS that is another platform to promote their brand and products because years ago they only could do that through catalog and airing the show one time on tv. Before it was just a one day thing and not it has turned into a whole month about the show. 

26 minutes ago, Afutureoffashi0n said:

people keep missing the point that a lot of people just dont watch live tv anymore. im a student and i dont even own a tv but i will stream it, back in the day i would have found a way to watch it live... but in this era of course the LIVE TV ratings are gonna be low. if the ratings included streams/illegal streams then im sure it wouldnt even be that much of a drop.