Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

2 points. First, Taylor is going to kill in the opening. Why? Because 99% of the audience couldn’t tell the difference between the strongest walk and the weakest walk. Hardly anyone watching will give a shit about that. But what is undeniable is that Taylor is gorgeous and she’ll be wearing lingerie. That’s a recipe for success. 

As to the ratings. Ratings have been decreasing for every show on television for years. Viewership is down period for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with VS brand or marketing or anything VS controls.  But if you want to keep telling yourself it’s because VS is not embracing your snowflake or because VS is choosing to push some model you hate then go ahead and keep telling yourself that. 

13 minutes ago, MV007 said:

2 points. First, Taylor is going to kill in the opening. Why? Because 99% of the audience couldn’t tell the difference between the strongest walk and the weakest walk. Hardly anyone watching will give a shit about that. But what is undeniable is that Taylor is gorgeous and she’ll be wearing lingerie. That’s a recipe for success. 

As to the ratings. Ratings have been decreasing for every show on television for years. Viewership is down period for a variety of reasons having nothing to do with VS brand or marketing or anything VS controls.  But if you want to keep telling yourself it’s because VS is not embracing your snowflake or because VS is choosing to push some model you hate then go ahead and keep telling yourself that. 

No I don’t think you understand how the media works. This is a one off live event for its popularity to dwindle so drastically year on year ALONGSIDE profits is genuinely a good indicator that things aren’t doing well - even if the profits were fine it would be clear that there is a serious issue for such a drop. 

Unsure of what your snowflake comments mean hut they are they are just rude there is no particular model I dislike who has casted bar those who didn’t attend castings - but the castings of those stereotypical teenage looking girls IS part of the problem 

15 minutes ago, MV007 said:

A 32% drop in viewers in one year is not just because the natural trends in declining views. People clearly are lacking interest in watching and it also shows in their sales and how people currently reference the brand. 

Well the performers are surprising. I'm happy with them actually. I love The Chainsmokers but I dont think their new songs fits runway (maybe Side Effects?). I'm also happy with Halsey and Rita too. Don't know about Shawn or Bebe or the other artist because I don't follow them but hey.. Soo much better than last year's performers!

I'm also really happy about Taylor opening, she deserves. I wish it was Sara or Romee but no big problem. I still don't agree that angels have 2 outfits but ok.. Patiently waiting to know who got the FB, please VS anyone but Stella or older angels. 

Edited by starss
Pressed Enter without writing all I wanted, fk me..

15 minutes ago, Afutureoffashi0n said:

LOL literally it’s common sense 

It actually happens a lot. If you want to say this is a one off event compared to traditional shows that have multiple episodes that’s fine. I’m not sure how that manifests itself but ok. 

If if you want we compare it with something like the oscars which is a special event. That was down 20 percent year to year. Grammys were down 24%.  

2 minutes ago, MV007 said:

It actually happens a lot. If you want to say this is a one off event compared to traditional shows that have multiple episodes that’s fine. I’m not sure how that manifests itself but ok. 

If if you want we compare it with something like the oscars which is a special event. That was down 20 percent year to year. Grammys were down 24%.  

Yeah and that’s because US award shows have also faced a difficult time because they too failed to innovate but also naturally because there’s no need to watch when you have social media or the vote is not close. You have to be in denial to ignore these figures for VS show the brands on the down

22 minutes ago, phang.s said:

A 32% drop in viewers in one year is not just because the natural trends in declining views. People clearly are lacking interest in watching and it also shows in their sales and how people currently reference the brand. 

Yea I won’t comment on the brand itself. I’m a guy and have no idea what the strength of brand is because I don’t purchase their merchandise and know nothing of the industry. But as to the show, i think the viewership can be mostly explained by the tv environment we are in.