Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

18 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

In conclusion: VS creative team sucks and the marketing team also sucks. Honorable mention to whoever does the photoshop on the pictures, the social media team and most of the products quality sucks as well.

Did I got it right? I think I did. Thank you for coming to our collective ted talk.

DING DING DING :rofl:

Really tho, they do need to change their marketing strategy. That being said, I feel like the casting this year is a step in the right direction, with a very few exceptions, they went with more mature looking models and more commercial girls than what we have seen in the past few years. I think part of the problem is, the fashion industry changed and their models are no longer appealing to the average american, VS took too long to notice that and they kept messing up the model choices. Hopefully this year we'll see the show head in a different, better direction.

1 hour ago, Sanni said:

A big problem is that the brand is based on promoting one narrow and in many cases highly unrealistic type as the most beautiful and something that everyone should aspire to be. The message that only about a 100 women in the whole world could walk in the VSFS is the antithesis of the current trend, which is to celebrate diversity. They even bashed Kate Upton and then not that long after she was booking Vogue covers. So even Vogue was admitting what was going on (as they should to…. keep being in vogue.)

VS could still hold onto the whole supermodel concept but hide the uniform nature of it better. I mean, these types of ads looked like joke ads made to poke fun at VS so clearly, they have been out of touch for a long time and unwilling to change even a tiny bit:

030110-Victoria-Secret-623.jpg?itok=P2Z_

Those bodies are indistinguishable to average shoppers.

VS needed to observe sooner the trends shifting towards women e.g. wanting bigger butts, to be curvy, and looking to get a slim thick body at the gym.

Thank you for blessing my timeline with Rosie. Biggest could-have-would-have Vs had

4 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Ooooof, the gold colored wing sketch on the wall.

p/s: The F(P)ilipino pride for Kelsey has begun :ninja: 

Pilipino pride.jpg

Aww am I the only that loves this? I love how proud Filipinos are when one of their own reaches a milestone and becomes successful. It’s very endearing to me :wub6yh2cm: 

Yasmin is walking this year and she’s the Surinamese model to walk the show (I’m half Surinamese) so I’ll def be rooting for her repping my dad’s country :clap:  

^ While I get how it can feel very overbearing from the outside, I think it’s sweet as well. Coming from a minority at well that has basically no representation in the fashion industry (anyone know of a Lao model? :rofl:) I totally understand wanting to root for someone who shares your roots/culture, especially when people that represent you often don’t get those opportunities. 

2 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

^ While I get how it can feel very overbearing from the outside, I think it’s sweet as well. Coming from a minority at well that has basically no representation in the fashion industry (anyone know of a Lao model? :rofl:) I totally understand wanting to root for someone who shares your roots/culture, especially when people that represent you often don’t get those opportunities. 

Not that I want to get in to racial stuffs, but pinoys will be proud of anything and everything, no matter how big or small the achievement is that sometimes all that love can feel rather boring and underwhelming from an outsider's pov. Who am I to judge though. 

I just hope Kelsey's walk is good, so she doesn't end up looking bad on the runway. 

17 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

So now that we basically have all the models who are walking, who are you guys really excited for?

Excited for most of the newcomers: Kelsey, Alannah W, Maia, Lorena, Yasmine, Myrthe, Sofie, Josie, Willow. Especially Kelsey, Lorena, Maia and Willow.

Taylor for FB, Sara to open.

Oh and would be nice to see Behati again.

44 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

Not that I want to get in to racial stuffs, but pinoys will be proud of anything and everything, no matter how big or small the achievement is that sometimes all that love can feel rather boring and underwhelming from an outsider's pov. Who am I to judge though. 

I just hope Kelsey's walk is good, so she doesn't end up looking bad on the runway. 

Aren't most nations like that tho? :idk:

55 minutes ago, Syria said:

Aren't most nations like that tho? :idk:

In Malaysia, people shit on you for making the country proud :ninja: :rofl:. Don't know if you've ever seen news about my country going around, but an example would be a national gymnast can bag the silver medal home and someone or some religious body will still focus on stuffs like her personality, her rich/lavish lifestyle which translates to a stuck up attitude or how provocative the gymnast's suit can be.

Point being, not all nations can be proud or prideful like how the Pinoys are. That's one thing they're really good at, except they take it to a whole new level, as in the level of #giveKelseywings #makeheranangel

52 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

^ They take it to another level. Hope it doesn't get too bad in the next months, #takostyle

Yeah. 

4 minutes ago, VSlover30 said:

someone help me out here.     I hear everything.       so, the show will be on 8th November, it is officially or rumor??  taping date or airing date?

One of the models boyfriend posted the date and deleted it later. The model said that this wasn’t the official show day. 

No news about it yet. 

32 minutes ago, angeljoskriver said:

I tried to keep up with the thread and everything but here‘s one question:

Are Bella and Gigi officially confirmed walking the show? I saw an IG account posting information about all the models in this year’s show and she (or he) put them in there. 

Not officially, none said nothing about it. They were just mencioned in an web article (Elle or vogue, can't remember) that included them in the roast