Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

28 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Not to pop off on you or anything love, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life if that's what VS is actually doing.

A English girl (who is the most Nottingham person I've ever seen, she looks like everyone I've ever met from Nottingham, hair and all) to represent Scots? Who are likely the segment of the world population least interested in Victoria's Secret? They'd have more luck opening a shop in Dublin 12, I swear. But good luck to them. Dumbasses.

My point is, if this "country angel" goes well, expect more models to be elected angel at their respective regions/countries. I think think VS plans on doing that.

2 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

My point is, if this "country angel" goes well, expect more models to be elected angel at their respective regions/countries. I think think VS plans on doing that.

I’d rather see them stop being cheap and offer the big bucks for Angel contracts as they did before.

1 minute ago, PastaFreak said:

I doubt it. China is different because it's a very large market, with specific beauty standards. There's no need to have a special representative for the UK, because the Angels they already have can speak the language and easily cross promote there, and already fit the western ideals of what they would be marketing to. 

8 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@toodarnhot @PastaFreak Who do you think would fit China’s beauty standards the worst out of the Angels?

China is in love with Candice, Behati, Josephine, and the duo AAs. To be honest, 50% of the China fans like what most fan accounts like - trendy stuffs. I can tell you how 30-40% of fans in China don't think Sui should walk VS because her beauty isn't the norm. People there pay attention to Ming now only because she's famous. Going by social media presence, Ming has towered over Liu and Sui. 

Ask a generic Chinese guy on the streets, they'd probably root for Liu Wen. There was this video where a guy went on to the streets and asked white people who they'd pick out of Ming, Liu and Sui. Liu and Ming were the popular ones while Sui was only picked by those who knew how to appreciate her pan-Asian features.

I'm Chinese, but I'm not from China so I can't speak for all. But I like Pan-Asian guys more than I do ethnic guys. But when it comes to angels, I think the generic VS crowd loves the above mentioned names. Elsa is an honorable mention. The rest are dependent on their tastes.

The worst angel that the China crowd would take, my guess is Stella/Sara. People there don't really like Martha, nor do they cheer excessively for Jasmine. Lais is the lucky one where people would look at her, appreciate her beauty, but wouldn't go crazy for just because Lais is dark skinned. 

Thanks for explaining :hug:

So, Candice, Behati, Josephine, Adriana and Alessandra would be the most popular?
Elsa kinda
Lais kinda but to a lesser degree
and Stella, Sara, Martha, and Jasmine not so much

How about Lily & Romee? And out of all the past and present Angels, does Miranda fit the beauty standard the best?

3 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Thanks for explaining :hug:

So, Candice, Behati, Josephine, Adriana and Alessandra would be the most popular?
Elsa kinda
Lais kinda but to a lesser degree
and Stella, Sara, Martha, and Jasmine not so much

How about Lily & Romee? And out of all the past and present Angels, does Miranda fit the beauty standard the best?

Miranda yes. Lily and Romee are probably close to Elsa. People started noticing Romee since Goddesses last year, and Lily for her HF work rather than her VS performance. 

29 minutes ago, Sanni said:

What is this being extra thing?

It just looks like an alternate angle of them posing for a head-on shot.

52 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Scotland is (still) part of the UK. :)

:rolleyes: Very tempted to bring contentious geopolitics into this thread but will not because I'm tired as fuck lol

I was in Gatwick yesterday and passed by the VS shop in the South Terminal as I occasionally do. If you're lucky enough to have never been to Gatwick South, the first picture you see is Lindsay Ellingson. They literally have her picture up to promo VS Gatwick. Says leagues. Never been to the Bond Street shop but I've heard it's similarly desperate.

8 minutes ago, Sanni said:

And out of all the past and present Angels, does Miranda fit the beauty standard the best?

Her dimples are quite beloved in Japan, as I recall from her post-VS career.

She's probably the most successful in Asia, but not the expert so I'll defer.

24 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

Miranda yes. Lily and Romee are probably close to Elsa. People started noticing Romee since Goddesses last year, and Lily for her HF work rather than her VS performance. 

Oh, I forgot about Taylor. Where would she rank? :)

10 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Oh, I forgot about Taylor. Where would she rank? :)

I was gonna say Taylor too. Taylor is on the same level as Romee. I would say even though Taylor, Elsa, Romee, and Lily are all under the "kinda" category, they are positively received. As far as models go, China is quick to defend the statement that they prefer baby-faced models, especially with last year's castings rejecting so many beauties. Last year when someone read on BZ about our speculations, someone took it on to Weibo to share it and boy were they unhappy. I even remember people saying their beauty standards are different from what we perceive 😂.

I really think it's just personal preference. Even though we're Asians, we have people who worship models like Kendull and the Hadids for being famous when they were famous. Same principle applies to them liking Candice, Bee and duo AA. It's like saying the whole world loves Michael Jackson and still does regardless if you know what I'm saying. 

That reminds me, Kate G is quite reasonably well loved even though she's no longer an angel. They also love Blanca and Barbara P.

I think they generally like timeless beauties. Miranda, Kate G, Blanca, Barbs, are examples of how youthful they can look despite their age, whereas other models just look young. 

Miranda is BIG in Asia especially in Japan and Korea not entirely sure in China but once she had an one-week Asian tour  and she was greeted by piles of fans at their respective airports. If VS ventured in China when Miranda was an Angel it would've produce results especially if she was made an ambassador there. 

1 hour ago, DonSimon said:

Miranda is BIG in Asia especially in Japan and Korea not entirely sure in China but once she had an one-week Asian tour  and she was greeted by piles of fans at their respective airports. If VS ventured in China when Miranda was an Angel it would've produce results especially if she was made an ambassador there. 

I definitely agree. Miranda is one of my all time favorite models (the others being Barbara Palvin and Candice Swanepoel) and I've read through Miranda's entire thread and was stunned how many times she's been to Asia and how great of a reception she receives each time. She would've been the perfect person to send! But i'm happy she moved on from VS because now I think most of the angels suck big time and she's too good to be listed among them, in my opinion. 

I think Ming is a great choice for the Asian market. I do not understand why she isn't an actual angel. She is super cute, but maybe sh can't pull off sexy or sultry? I do not know, I asked this in the General VS thread as well. 

I hope Ming gets 2 outfits this year, as well as Barbara Palvin. I miss when they gave Angels 3 oufits and everyone else got 1 or 2. I hope there aren't too many girls, I haven't really looked at the list yet.

Thank you to everyone posting pictures and information. I do not use social media and have no idea what is going on with VS or the models except when I read here adn now that school is back in session I have limited time. I love coming here and reading all your thoughts and opinions and seing all the pictures on the weekend mornings, it's my guilty pleasure lol