Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

Is this the actual verified VS China weibo? https://www.weibo.com/6016404050/GzhB3eXCI?from=page_1006066016404050_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

Because the shitty Google translate says something along the lines of Ming being announced as the official VS China spokesmodel. 

EDIT: Ditto for Sui. 

Victoria's Secret China announced today that the international supermodel @Ming奚梦瑶 has officially served as Victoria's secret Greater China brand ambassador. This year, she will be the new #维密中国天使# identity debut #2018维密大秀# . Meng Mengyao will be on the stage of the VIME big show for the sixth time. Her fashion vitality and sunshine are bright, and her continuous efforts and persistence inspire many women. More exciting futures, let us present together.

Victoria's Secret China announced today that the international supermodel @何穗 has officially served as Victoria's secret Greater China brand ambassador. This year, she will be the new #维密中国天使# identity debut #2018维密大秀# . He Sui, together with Wei Mi for eight years, the experience of time has made her fascinating and radiant, and in the future, we will jointly create more moments of heart.

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

Is this the actual verified VS China weibo? https://www.weibo.com/6016404050/GzhB3eXCI?from=page_1006066016404050_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime

Because the shitty Google translate says something along the lines of Ming being announced as the official VS China spokesmodel. 

Yes, both Sui and Ming have been the official spokesmodels for the past few months, I think they were announced at the beginning of the summer. 

Just now, GlitterAndWings said:

Yes, both Sui and Ming have been the official spokesmodels for the past few months, I think they were announced at the beginning of the summer. 

Was anything actually confirmed? I thought everyone was just working on assumption. These posts seem like the "official" announcements. :idk: 

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

Was anything actually confirmed? I thought everyone was just working on assumption. These posts seem like the "official" announcements. :idk: 

Their Weibo had a contest of sorts to discover who their new "faces" would be, that was back in June. Perhaps this is the official announcement, but it was known since June, especially because Ming had a (sponsored?) Grazia shoot wearing VS. 

34 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

It's official VS China accout. But still have no idea they're angels like Adriana Candice or just spokespersons in China, cause they are called “VS Chinese Angels”.

These are my thoughts on outfit distribution...

2 OUTFITS:

- Alexina Graham

- Barbara Fialho

- Barbara Palvin

- Cindy Bruna

- Devon Windsor

- Kelly Gale

- Leomie Anderson

- Ming Xi

- Sui He

EITHER 1 or 2:

- Aiden Curtiss

- Duckie Thot

- Georgia Fowler

- Grace Elizabeth (depends on PINK)

- Herieth Paul

- Lameka Fox (depends if she goes mainline, I could see her opening/closing PINK tbh)

- Megan Williams

- Sadie Newman

- Shanina Shaik

- Toni Garrn

- Winnie Harlow

- Yasmine Wijnaldum

1 OUTFIT:

- Alanna Arrington (PINK)

- Alannah Walton (PINK)

- Cheyenne Maya (PINK?)

- Estelle Chen

- Frida Aasen

- Gizele Oliveira 

- Grace Bol

- Iesha Hodges (PINK?)

- Isilda Moreira (PINK)

- Jourdana Phillips

- Josie Canseco (PINK)

- Kelsey Merritt (PINK)

- Lorena Rae

- Maggie Laine (PINK)

- Maia Cotton (PINK)

- Mayowa Nicholas

- Melia Tiacoh

- Myrthe Bolt (PINK)

- Nadine Leopold

- Sabah Koj

- Sofie Rovenstine (PINK)

- Willow Hand (PINK)

- Zuri Tibby (PINK)

34 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

It's official VS China accout. But still have no idea they're angels like Adriana Candice or just spokespersons in China, cause they are called “VS Chinese Angels”.

Can confirm with y'all that both Ming and Sui are not angels angels. They're just VS angels in China, think of it as one tier below VS angels.

Especially for Ming, I can confirm she's not an angel because the ship has sailed 2 years back. If there's any VS angel contract given to Ming, it happened back in early 2016. But I guess you can call them exclusive angels?

Both Ming and Sui are unlikely to sign any global angel contracts because they'd like to focus on their careers elsewhere, I've been told Ming wants to focus on her HF career, whereas Sui wants to focus on her fashion career in China. Aside from VS, Sui has done moderate amounts of HF shots but  her focus is entirely on VS now. It makes sense that VS would offer them an exclusive China angel status.

I suspect Ming and Sui will hang around for a year or two to promote VS in China. 

Edit: Whoops, just checked with my Weibo contacts. They're considered angels by VS. If we see their faces on the official website, then it means Ming and Sui are both angels angels on the level of Adriana and the rest. Otherwise, they're just Chinese VS angels. 

15 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this was Zuri's last year. Poor girls' only gotten one outfit per show despite having more seniority than Grace (catalogue/PINK wise.) 

I mentioned this before but I can see with VS doing away with Pink spokesmodels entirely. They don’t use them for events or even social media promotion anymore. It’s all campus reps. 

I can see them just keeping the ecomm models but not having a designated face for that line anymore. 

Edit: I just looked and Grace and Zuri’s last pictures on the PINK IG were in April. I know they’ve done white wall and have more recent images from that, but they’re not using them for campaigns at all. 

I think they are going to be changing the website very soon, probably right after the show, or even before to take Ale out of it. I know we are going to see the last of some angels this year like Stella and Behati, who do nothing for the brand and we are going to have Alexina and probably Sui or Ming covering the "vacant" spots. I don't see Grace being promoted, they should've signed her earlier, the girl is becoming a HF star. I have a feeling that Barbara is on the 'maybe next angel' list too.