Bellazon

Hereditary

katchitup

Hereditary is a 2018 American supernatural horror film written and directed by Ari Aster, in his feature directorial debut. It stars Toni ColletteAlex WolffMilly ShapiroAnn Dowd, and Gabriel Byrne, and follows a family that begins to be haunted following the death of their reclusive grandmother. The film premiered on January 21, 2018, at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival in the Midnight section[3] and was released in the United States on June 8, 2018.[4] It was acclaimed by critics, who called it "truly, upsettingly powerful on an emotional level".[5]

Can we talk about this movie though? I've haven't been affected by a horror movie in a long time the way this movie affected me. Still don't know that I'd classify it completely as horror, but a really intense family drama (with typical horror tropes the last 30 minutes of the film.)

That one scene following the party. You know what I'm talking about if you've seen the movie. My jaw dropped. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. Amazing performances all around. That moment let you know you were in for a movie that was completely unpredictable. 

It's interesting though how some audience members turned on the film and despised the ending. Not enough ambiguity I guess? I thought the ending was just fine, and was refreshing to see a film where you look back, the details make complete sense. 

Your thoughts?